We have just returned from 11 days staying at the Neptune Pwani Beach and wish we'd done longer! As always we Trip Advisored everything to death before choosing this hotel and with the great help of Pure Zanzibar.com we thought this looked the best value for money in our budget range, and we certainly weren't disappointed.
Our room was spotless and well kept for the week, very comfortable beds with the bed turned down and the mosquito nets all done for you every night.
We used the laundry service, a few US dollars for shirts/trousers to be washed and ironed and they were back the next day.
All the staff from the sunbed attendants, cleaners, groundsmen to the bar and restaurant staff are very smiley and friendly. Majeba runs a very good bar by the main restaurant at night, it's very clean and offers lots of cocktails (shame no Mojitos though!!) and as a Pinot Grigio only girl, the wine was very good indeed!!
During the day drinks are brought out to you on the beach and the swim up bar is always nicely in some shade and some sun during the day (very welcoming indeed!!)
Along with the people and the service, what is also outstanding is the quality of the food. It is really excellent, lovely to see different potato dishes every day, dauphinoise, baked, roasted and not chips! the vegetables were also varied and beautifully cooked which is unusual for most hotels we find, so that was a really pleasant surprise. The freshly grilled fish every day was just gorgeous as was the pork (also nice to see). Beautiful curry option every day too and varying types of breads and dips for starters!! Nothing repeated in the 11 days we were there which was great.
There's only about 4 choices of desserts,a suggestion that ice cream may have been a lovely addition???? but really that's not a complaint at all.
The snacks each day consisted of a selection of sandwiches and occasionally warm samosas which was lovely to have something savoury and there were always croissants, pain au chocolat and cakes available almost all day it seemed!!
The beach is lovely soft white sand and the bay sweeps a long way round, great for a nice walk in the morning or late afternoon. The sea is lovely, a few sea urchins so sea shoes are a good idea!
Thre is a tide so expect the water to go out right to the reef but it is so shallow you can walk very far out during the day.
We read other comments before we went which said the beach vendors are sometimes annoying but if you don't engage with them they will take no for an answer, which they did, and after all they are only doing their jobs!!
One thing we would say to be aware of is take enough US dollars or some English notes to pay for trips etc as you cannot use your credit card to get cash at the hotel strangely!! You can pay for your extras but not get cash. But there are ATM's in Stone Town, which we visited along with the Josani forest (both about an hour away)and were fabulous and you felt very safe everywhere you went. Amazing to see the tame Colobus monkeys jumping around to be so close to them is great.
Overall this is a super place, very clean, efficient and good value for money on All Inclusive. We relaxed immensely and wished we had stayed for 14 nights!!
Thank you all very much indeed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Friendly and spacious, Neptune Pwani Beach Resort & Spa is an ideal choice for guests in search of a retreat that offers the "special touch", matched with attention to the finest of details. The Resort has been meticulously created, emulating traditional Zanzibar style, using the best in local design, interiors and furnishing, meeting top international standards. The Resort features 150 rooms all with terrace and ocean view, situated in 2 level blocks and 4 individual beachfront suites with in-room Jacuzzi. Facilities include 3 restaurants, 2 bars, the Rain & Earth Spa, the Spherique Boutique, conference room and facilities and a water sports centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your Neptune Pwani Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandies Neptune Pwani Beach Hotel Pwani Mchangani
- Neptune Pwani Beach Kiwengwa
- Neptune Pwani Beach Hotel Kiwengwa
- Neptune Pwani Beach Resort & Spa Zanzibar Island/Pwani Mchangani