Here is a basic synopsis of our stay:
1. Cleanliness - second to none. Our room was always clean, the workers are constantly cleaning the pools and all other areas of the resort.
2. Room - Our room was beautiful. The only issue that we had was that some of the rooms were quite far from the rest of the resort and you had to climb a lot of stairs to get there. One suggestion. If you would like your bottled water replenished daily, make sure to leave a tip for the housekeeper. Also, the air conditioning was amazing!
3. Pools - Great pools. We always had our choice of pool side lounge chairs.
4. Staff - While eager to please, they were not very knowledgeable of basic requests. It seems that the english they learned came straight from the menus. Simple requests such as "no ice" were not understood. Also, getting your order delivered to you from the bar or restaurant took a very long time.
5. Food - Wow. By the end of the second day, all the food began to taste the same. It just wasn't good. While there was a big variety of fresh fruit, none of it tasted good. It all seemed to be just shy of being ripe. By the end of the week, my husband and I were only eating rice and soup. The pizza restaurant was good, however.
6. Drinks - The drinks were good and they were very generous with their pours.
7. Location - SUCKED. This hotel is over an hour away from the airport and there is nothing around it. You really will have to pay a lot of money in order to get into a populated area.
8. Beach - The beach is pretty much unswimmable due to the massive amounts of seaweed and sea urchins. During low tide, we were able to walk about 1 km out and see different sorts of sea life. However, at low tide, the beach is plaqued by all of the seaweed. There are also tons of people bugging you to buy things. Best to stay at the resort pools.
9. Night Life - This is not the place to go if you are interested in dancing or partying at night. The whole resort quiets down by 8:30 pm. We were asleep by 9:30 pm most of our trip as there was just nothing to do.
10. Over all - I think that this is a great place if your only goal is to relax. If you are looking for adventures, night life, good beaches or good shopping, do not stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Friendly and spacious, Neptune Pwani Beach Resort & Spa is an ideal choice for guests in search of a retreat that offers the "special touch", matched with attention to the finest of details. The Resort has been meticulously created, emulating traditional Zanzibar style, using the best in local design, interiors and furnishing, meeting top international standards. The Resort features 150 rooms all with terrace and ocean view, situated in 2 level blocks and 4 individual beachfront suites with in-room Jacuzzi. Facilities include 3 restaurants, 2 bars, the Rain & Earth Spa, the Spherique Boutique, conference room and facilities and a water sports centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Neptune Pwani Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandies Neptune Pwani Beach Hotel Pwani Mchangani
- Neptune Pwani Beach Kiwengwa
- Neptune Pwani Beach Hotel Kiwengwa
- Neptune Pwani Beach Resort & Spa Zanzibar Island/Pwani Mchangani