Kite Zanzibar - CLOSED

Teenage heaven!

Reviewed August 5, 2013
S H
Winchester, United Kingdom

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Booked 3 day course zero to hero course. There was only wind on the first day which is the day you go through equipment and safety. Nothing can be done about the wind but I paid $208 and never saw a board. Had it been me I wouldn't have charged. Talking to the owner, they would normally have taken the 350 euro fee up front, ouch!

2  Thank rmca
Reviewed August 17, 2013

My girlfriend and I spend 2 weeks in Zanzibar and quickly heard from other guest about Kite Zanzibar. We were quickly convinced to start the kite course. Our amazing coach Tosho taught us a lot at our own pace. I never imagined that it would be possible to stand on the board in 3 days.
We will for sure continue kiting and try to come back to this amazing place!
Thank you so much Tosho, Tanya, Max and Marcel!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Perfect place for my 3 teenage sons to learn to kite surf. The instructors were knowledgeable, friendly and patient. They were also very safety conscious which is reassuring for parents. Stunning location. To be highly recommended by all 3 teenagers is a real achievement - they now all want gap years at Waikiki!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Perfect place to learn kitesurf in Zanzibar, a beautiful big lagoon, a big beach and the best staff you can have. Tanja&Friends are always kind and professional (Tanja rides in kitesurf world championships...), and their equipment is perfect.
Really good stuff, i will come back soon to show them how good i've learned.
Thx for the great time!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Kite Zanzibar is a fantastic Kitesurfing school located on a picture perfect beach with reliable wind and shallow water which is ideal for beginners. The staff are excellent instructors and are all friendly, skilled and most importantly, patient!

While some aspects of Kitesurfing are quite tricky (especially if you haven't done much board sports before), you are bound to have an awesome time whatever level you reach. I'd recommend kitesurfing lessons with Kite Zanzibar to anyone with a sense of adventure. If I ever get a chance I will certainly be going to Kite Zanzibar again. NIce one Tanja, Marcell and team!

1  Thank jonnyr92
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I visited Kite Zanzibar during their event - Kite Festival. The 3 day event was very well organized and the whole group of friends had a lot of fun.
The kite school is directly on the beach, has a small lagoon in front of the center. 4 beach boys are always ready to give you a hand. They offer everything from lessons to storage, downwinder trips etc.
They work with North equipment and have different rental options as well, in case you don't have the right size kite or board with you.
The wind is a gentle side on shore, so it's pretty safe to kite.
Recommended to visit from total beginners to pro-riders level.
Thanks again. I will visit you guys again for sure.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

School just opened up. We had the pleasure with Tanja, Marcell and Max -pleasant folks to be around and very professional instructors. Very nice spot/beach. Highly recommendable school at Waikiki beach resort.