I was booked into 'NEXT PARADISE BOUTIQUE RESORT' Trip advisor winner since 2010 and every year since until 2013.
The hotel only has 20 rooms including the bungalows, I stayed in the bungalow, so spacious. It is located on the north east coast of Zanzibar at Pwani Mchangani, which is Swahili means 'White Sand'
My drive to the hotel from the airport was 50 mins and it was included in our hotel costs. My welcome was very warm and informative the staff were lovely and so helpful. They showed us to our bungalow, which was gorgeous; we had a suite with a double bed a changing room, another twin room. It had a safe a lovely twin bathroom, and a veranda outside with a lounger and 2 chairs and a table. A plus point at this hotel is that they have amazing mosquito nets all around the beds, absolutely perfect, especially for a woman with blood as sweet as mine. I did get bit, but only outside. The other great thing about this hotel was that they had English and Euro plug points in the room and loads of them. I didn't need any adapters to plug in my mobile phone etc - genius.
I've got to say something about the staff here, they can not do enough for you, I've got to mention Danijela, (who went as far as to get me nail varnish remover from Stone Town (an hour away) - you would never get that type of service anywhere) she was just the essence of this hotel, she really was so helpful with everything, explaining tours, and her opinions on them, what she had personally done, and how she had found them. She was even worried when I didn't particularly eat certain seafood, she made sure that the chef, cooked me anything else I wanted, it was amazing. Every night there is a 4 course meal, great portions too. Metka, who was lovely and charming, nothing too much trouble, Irene who is extremely polite, incidentally married to the driver that picked us up.
On the first night I was pretty sick, and thought it was the fresh food there, but my friend was fine with it, the food was lovely, I do now think it was my malaria tablets - a side affect of them. *However since have been reliably told that mosquitos here don't carry malaria, they are a nuisance that they bite you and are very itchy, but don't give you malaria. Not sure I believed this though. I carried on taking my malaria tablets, as I got bitten to high heaven, however, my friend who didn’t get bitten as much as me, gave them after the first day, and she’s still alive and kicking!
Two great pools and a great view from the sunbeds out on the beach. They offer bikes free of charge that you can use to take a ride on the beach when it's low tide. They offer free wifi too, and even though they block social networking sites etc, they offer you a laptop that does have access to those sites. Which they let you take away and have in your room or beside the pool whenever you wish it seems.
If I had something that I thought could improve the hotel, it was umbrellas for the bed, when I told Danijela this, she told me that they had thought of that and the umbrellas were arriving on the 20th December 2014. What more I could say, they had even taken my feedback really well and said they were on it.
The week we went there was quite an unusual amount of seaweed on the beach, Danijela, informed me that this was just quite freaky and not usual at all, and still they had a couple of staff clear this up out side the hotel, obviously some of that can't be helped with the tide etc, however, how lovely that they recognise this too.
I've got to say if you haven't guessed already that I truly recommend this hotel and that the staff were just so helpful with everything. It was an absolute pleasure staying there :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Next Paradise Boutique Resort sits on one of the most beautiful white sandy beaches of Zanzibar, facing directly the Indian Ocean and protected by the coral reef which is about one kilometer away.located only 45 minutes drive from Stone Town and 30 minutes from Nungwi and Kendwua, (the beaches of north) it is perfect place to organize excursions, spice tours, swim with dolphins, big game fishing, kite surfing , diving and snorkeling to Mnemba atoll. The charming small hotel is well known because of its sober elegance, the excellent food and especially for its intimate and quiet atmosphere. At Next Paradise you will find 16 fully furnished rooms all provided with air conditioning and sea view private verandahs. Our staff is always happy to offer individual attention to every single guest of the hotel. Whether you're looking to book your honeymoon or need inspiration for a romantic getaway, we have special offers for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Next Paradise Boutique Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Next Paradise Boutique Hotel Pwani Mchangani
- Next Paradise Boutique Resort Zanzibar Island/Pwani Mchangani