“Amazing Service”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Pwani Mchangani
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing Service”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I was booked into 'NEXT PARADISE BOUTIQUE RESORT' Trip advisor winner since 2010 and every year since until 2013.
The hotel only has 20 rooms including the bungalows, I stayed in the bungalow, so spacious. It is located on the north east coast of Zanzibar at Pwani Mchangani, which is Swahili means 'White Sand'

My drive to the hotel from the airport was 50 mins and it was included in our hotel costs. My welcome was very warm and informative the staff were lovely and so helpful. They showed us to our bungalow, which was gorgeous; we had a suite with a double bed a changing room, another twin room. It had a safe a lovely twin bathroom, and a veranda outside with a lounger and 2 chairs and a table. A plus point at this hotel is that they have amazing mosquito nets all around the beds, absolutely perfect, especially for a woman with blood as sweet as mine. I did get bit, but only outside. The other great thing about this hotel was that they had English and Euro plug points in the room and loads of them. I didn't need any adapters to plug in my mobile phone etc - genius.

I've got to say something about the staff here, they can not do enough for you, I've got to mention Danijela, (who went as far as to get me nail varnish remover from Stone Town (an hour away) - you would never get that type of service anywhere) she was just the essence of this hotel, she really was so helpful with everything, explaining tours, and her opinions on them, what she had personally done, and how she had found them. She was even worried when I didn't particularly eat certain seafood, she made sure that the chef, cooked me anything else I wanted, it was amazing. Every night there is a 4 course meal, great portions too. Metka, who was lovely and charming, nothing too much trouble, Irene who is extremely polite, incidentally married to the driver that picked us up.

On the first night I was pretty sick, and thought it was the fresh food there, but my friend was fine with it, the food was lovely, I do now think it was my malaria tablets - a side affect of them. *However since have been reliably told that mosquitos here don't carry malaria, they are a nuisance that they bite you and are very itchy, but don't give you malaria. Not sure I believed this though. I carried on taking my malaria tablets, as I got bitten to high heaven, however, my friend who didn’t get bitten as much as me, gave them after the first day, and she’s still alive and kicking!

Two great pools and a great view from the sunbeds out on the beach. They offer bikes free of charge that you can use to take a ride on the beach when it's low tide. They offer free wifi too, and even though they block social networking sites etc, they offer you a laptop that does have access to those sites. Which they let you take away and have in your room or beside the pool whenever you wish it seems.

If I had something that I thought could improve the hotel, it was umbrellas for the bed, when I told Danijela this, she told me that they had thought of that and the umbrellas were arriving on the 20th December 2014. What more I could say, they had even taken my feedback really well and said they were on it.

The week we went there was quite an unusual amount of seaweed on the beach, Danijela, informed me that this was just quite freaky and not usual at all, and still they had a couple of staff clear this up out side the hotel, obviously some of that can't be helped with the tide etc, however, how lovely that they recognise this too.

I've got to say if you haven't guessed already that I truly recommend this hotel and that the staff were just so helpful with everything. It was an absolute pleasure staying there :)

Room Tip: I can tell you that we stayed in a bungalow 9 and it was just perfect, big bathroom, large rooms a c...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Pal_Dehal
MarinaLanza, Owner at Next Paradise Boutique Resort, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Pal

Thank you for your beautiful comments and compliments. Thank you for pointing out the details.
It is so heart warming to recieve a thorough and detailed review of our property; it means a lot to us knowing you had a wonderful time with us.
Thank you once again and hope we all see you soon in Zanzibar again.

Marina Bozic Lanza

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Perth, Australia
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We stayed at The Next Paradise for 5 days in July and enjoyed it thoroughly. We had a beach bungalow with stunning view of the beach and swimming pool from the veranda. The bungalow was very spacious, well decorated and spotlessly clean.

We book the hotel transfer (40 Euros) from the airport, by the time we arrived at the resort, it’s after 9:00pm. To our surprise, the resort manager was waiting for us and the dinner was ready to serve. The dinner was delicious so was the breakfast next morning. In fact, every dinner we had there was very nice and different each day. Every afternoon, a 3 course dinner menu will be displayed on a small blackboard at the bar area. If one doesn’t like the menu, he/she could tell the staff and make a special order to his/her taste. We followed the set menus every day, they were all delicious and well cooked.

All the staff were excellent, friendly and attentive. Nothing was too much trouble.

The other thing deserve to be mentioned is that you can order room service for breakfast or a coffee at no extra charge.

The surrounding of the resort was truely amazing. There is a Zen factor in this place. Wherever you go, it’s tranquil and beautiful, At times, you felt like you had the whole resort for yourself despite the resort was fully booked (I know as we couldn’t book as long as we liked due to 0 vacancies).

Next to the resort is a fishing village and the white sandy Pwani Mchangani beach. You can safely walking around the resort or on the beach without too much bother from hawkers. The local people are very nice and friendly.

There are various activities you can book through the resort, such as Spice Tour, Stone Town Tour, etc. We had Zanzibar Quad Adventure. We were taken to a real village, mixed with local kids. It’s great. We did Spice Tour from Stone Town, that was also excellent.

Our overall experience felt like being in a paradise.

I would highly recommend The Next Paradise to anyone, you won’t be disappointed.

Room Tip: Beach bungalow is definitely the way to go.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Petitewave
Ljubljana
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Beautiful hotel with lots of personal touch and effort to make you feel special and relaxed on every step.
Great and kind staff- western standard- they know what they are doing and do this great! Marina, owner and manager of the hotel, one of the most professional hoteliers I have ever met- and I've worked with many true my tourist service career.
Helpful and knowledgeable staff at the front desk: Metka and Daniela who arrange everything, seemingly effortless. They take lots of care to keep the hotel nicely arrange, clean and tidy...and there is this peacefulness in the air, it's pleasantly quiet there but the sound of the great Indian ocean.
Exquisite food! Good breakfast and delicious dinners- thoughtfully arranged fresh fish dishes: dinner has 4 courses (with possibility to change menu if you don’t like it) of which at least two are fish (also big, ocean fish/crabs prepared in a fusion Afro-European way).
We've booked standard room but the at the arrival were happy enough to learn they upgraded us for free to a marvelous Panorama suite- we recommend booking this room or ones at the beach front- it's definitely worth paying a few extra euros to get a totally different perspective of the holidays (compared to standard rooms the difference is evident).
Nice and warm enough two pools, perfect to spoil yourself with a fresh fruit juice from the bar.
Enough space to find a intimate corner at the hotel beach front with beautifully arranged spares...
Very safe and comfortable- camera surveillance and Masai guards 24/7. "Beach boys" and villagers can't come all the way to the entrance of the hotel.
Interesting beach- they clean it every day- nice to watch traditional algae gathering of local women and fisherman’s in traditional boats. Perfect for watching kids play and life enroll before your eyes as the locals live it. Half of the day not suitable for swimming though because of the law tide.
Hotel offers free bike rental- useful when the tide is low and you can cycle all the way to Matemwe or around the village...
Friday's live music with local musicians and Masai market at dinner was very nice.
Would choose the same hotel again and recommend it without a second thought.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Katarina M
Slovenj Gradec, Slovenia
Reviewed November 6, 2013

To make it short: we had a great time!
Great hotel:
- 2 swimming pools
- great no limit breakfast and excellent dinners
- great staff
- nice and clean rooms
- great massage
- no wish is to big
- great white beach

Hotel located directly on the beach less than one hour drive from Stone town and airport. Their driver can come and pick you up at the airport.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Celje
Reviewed November 4, 2013

This place is a real paradise! We stayed one week and we were extremely satisfied. The room was beautiful and clean with air condition. The food was great, from breakfast to dinner. You can get a fresh coconut every day! The staff was lovely and very friendly. This place is ideal for relaxation, with beautiful beaches and turquoise water. We will definetly come back!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Ravne na Koroskem, Slovenia
Reviewed October 28, 2013

It's a small boutique hotel on the beach. The beach is perfect; white sand
and blue-green sea! There are also two swimming pools in which we had a lot
of fun, when there was low tide.
The room was absolutely beautiful. We had a beach front bungalow and I can
only recommend it! We could also take a look at other rooms, and they were
all very nice!
Breakfast was very good and once we also had it on our terrace. We
combined great food with great view. Dinners were all excellent and there
were never problems when we wanted to change something.
Staff was great, very friendly and always happy to help. We had some doubts
how it will be with our little girl, but it was great and she had a lot of
fun!
We hope to go back again!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Switzerland
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stayed in Next Paradise for 3 nights with our children (12 and 8) after a week of safari and we were extremely pleased with our choice! The two ladies at the reception were very welcoming, friendly and helpful, the staff was very nice, the food was excellent (fresh fish and seafood!) and the beach beautiful! You only need to know about the tides in order not to be disappointed. But the pool is very nice (we only used the one close to our beachfront family bungalow but there is another one). I just wish to mention that my husband actually cut his toe on the stairs on the pool (in the water) because a lot of tiles are broken or missing, so this should be fixed. But this event did not ruin our stay! We can only recommend this hotel! Thank you again for everything!

Room Tip: Beach bungalows
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Essque Zalu Zanzibar
Essque Zalu Zanzibar
#2 of 17 in Nungwi
DoubleTree by Hilton Resort Zanzibar - Nungwi

Been to Next Paradise Boutique Resort? Share your experiences!