This was the finale to our adventure-filled honeymoon of climbing Mount Kilimanjaro, camping safari and volunteering at an orphanage. All-inclusive fancy shmancy hotels are NEVER our cup of tea but given that this is our honeymoon and the amount of "roughing it" that was had, we felt we needed to stay somewhere completely luxurious and a no-brainer.
Large resorts are obviously not even on our radar so we sought to find an intimate, serene boutique hotel off the beaten path. Next Paradise was the perfect choice for us. We stayed in the honeymoon suite (of course because when else would we legitimately be on honeymoon?!). We had an entire beachfront, wrap-around veranda with an outdoor bed, large chaise lounge and two arm chairs! The room was beautiful and cozy with french doors that open up the entire wall to cool ocean breezes. Pure heaven.
The staff were all so professional, courteous, attentive, prompt, friendly and warm. They all went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. Honestly wonderful! We experienced such horrible service from another establishment in Stone Town during our visit so we felt lucky to be surrounded with the staff at NP.
Sadly, I can't speak as highly of the food as most of the commenters. Perhaps it was over-hyped so that our expectations were way high when we arrived. But from what we ate, the food was good but not life-changing like we thought. But they get an A for effort!
As for the beach itself, yes, there is insanely low tide. But we didn't see this until our 6th day. All the other low tides were knee-deep in water. The insane low tide was ankle-deep as far as the eye could see! But really quite a magnificent thing to experience! Especially with the seaweed farmers. The sand was like flour and the water was a beautiful aqua blue and perhaps on the brink of being uncomfortably warm. There are large patches of seaweed/kelp in the water and there are lots of sea urchins so be careful! But since the water is so gosh darn clear, you can see where the dark patches are and avoid them!
In sum, NP was the paradise that we needed for this vacation. An oasis where we could relax, be pampered and do absolutely nothing but enjoy the serenity.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Next Paradise Boutique Resort sits on one of the most beautiful white sandy beaches of Zanzibar, facing directly the Indian Ocean and protected by the coral reef which is about one kilometer away.located only 45 minutes drive from Stone Town and 30 minutes from Nungwi and Kendwua, (the beaches of north) it is perfect place to organize excursions, spice tours, swim with dolphins, big game fishing, kite surfing , diving and snorkeling to Mnemba atoll. The charming small hotel is well known because of its sober elegance, the excellent food and especially for its intimate and quiet atmosphere. At Next Paradise you will find 16 fully furnished rooms all provided with air conditioning and sea view private verandahs. Our staff is always happy to offer individual attention to every single guest of the hotel. Whether you're looking to book your honeymoon or need inspiration for a romantic getaway, we have special offers for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Next Paradise Boutique Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Next Paradise Boutique Hotel Pwani Mchangani
- Next Paradise Boutique Resort Zanzibar Island/Pwani Mchangani