My wife and I spent 5 days/4 nights here at the end of 2 weeks doing various African adventures in mid October. The place was better in real life than in the photos - it seemed bigger and more spacious than i expected. Lovely grounds and very relaxed feel. We had a ground floor Superior Double Garden room which was very good - not too exposed to the weather but with a lovely quiet outlook. Really enjoyed sitting on the patio having breakfast. All the staff are great as we found in most of East Africa. The food is pretty good especially the freshly prepared dinners. Mosquitoes can be a bit vicious so be prepared ! Internet is a bit patchy but good enough around the reception area to get stuff done. The beach is spectacular - similar to Mauritius and Seychelles - the touts and kids were OK when we were there - not too pushy so you could enjoy a walk on the beach.
The room is well equipped - everything worked pretty well. Water pressure was good except in the sinks for some reasons. Good spacious bathrooms and hanging space, etc.. Aircon and ceiling fans were good.
Daniella who is the manager is an Eveready "bunny" - seemingly always around to help. She helped organise taxis to Stonetown and tours to the dolphins - all went very smoothly. They use regular drivers and guides who are all very good. Stewart the owner (with his wife) was very helpful with information on Stonetown and if Daniella wasn't around was very always happy to help.
If you want a smaller resort but with all the bells and whistles of a larger resort then this is your place. We certaibnly look forward to going back on our next African adventure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Next Paradise Boutique Resort sits on one of the most beautiful white sandy beaches of Zanzibar, facing directly the Indian Ocean and protected by the coral reef which is about one kilometer away.located only 45 minutes drive from Stone Town and 30 minutes from Nungwi and Kendwua, (the beaches of north) it is perfect place to organize excursions, spice tours, swim with dolphins, big game fishing, kite surfing , diving and snorkeling to Mnemba atoll. The charming small hotel is well known because of its sober elegance, the excellent food and especially for its intimate and quiet atmosphere. At Next Paradise you will find 16 fully furnished rooms all provided with air conditioning and sea view private verandahs. Our staff is always happy to offer individual attention to every single guest of the hotel. Whether you're looking to book your honeymoon or need inspiration for a romantic getaway, we have special offers for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Next Paradise Boutique Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Next Paradise Boutique Hotel Pwani Mchangani
- Next Paradise Boutique Resort Zanzibar Island/Pwani Mchangani