I enjoyed staying at Sarah and Flavio's little resort place. It is a little distant from any towns, however, it is easy enough to take a taxi to a town (although it can be a bit pricey).
Sarah and Flavio were great! Super nice folks and they do care about their guests and making sure that their guests have their needs provided for (to the best of their ability).
My friend and I did take a tour of one of the spice farms and also a tour of Stonetown. We did find that our tour guide's English was not the best...we got a general sense of things, but any more difficult questions we had went unanswered - which is ok, it's not the end of the world...just a warning to others.
The other thing to be aware of is that you can barter your taxi. I am horrible at bartering, but our friend was great and we got a better price to the airport $50 instead of the normal $60,
Overall, I would recommend the Waikiki Zanzibar Resort! I'd stay there again in a heartbeat!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Resort is located on one of the most beautiful and unspoiled beaches of Zanzibar : Pwani Mchangani. The resort is surrounded by the lush green palm trees and bushes. Built right on the beach so forget your shoes and relax. A perfect place to chill-out. Taste an Authentic Italian Pizza from our wood oven and enjoy your food on our newly built beach terrace next to the Indian Ocean. Welcome to Waikiki....Feel at home ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Travelocity and Jovago.com so you can book your Waikiki Zanzibar Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waikiki Zanzibar Hotel Pwani Mchangani
- Waikiki Hotel Pwani Mchangani Mdogo
- Waikiki Zanzibar Resort Zanzibar Island/Pwani Mchangani