All reviewsfriday nightpizzabeach baracrobatic showrecommend this place to friendsgreat beachfrontone of a kindthe food is greatan amazing holidayhoneymoon suiteus dollarslunch and dinnerlow tidepalm treesflaviopartiesisland
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Lovely place, peaceful and relaxing. Good Cusine , friendly management and staff. Low prices.Great spot for kitesurfing .

Room Tip: Safari is definitly a good accomodation.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank albysurround
Reviewed October 20, 2011

Great location, good bar and a polite and efficient barman by the name of James. The room was nice but the lights were of such a low wattage that they couldn't illuminate anything, which meant that the room was in a perpetual state of darkness the whole time. The food I had was ok, but was all Italian, no problem with that as one of the great cuisines of the world, but I wanted to eat some Swahili cuisine whilst here.

The breakfast was ok, but the toaster never seemed to work, and all in all I don't think that the bill presented to me at the end of the stay was commensurate with my enjoyment of it, and I left feeling a little short changed sadly. My room rate was double that of my friend staying the opposite side of the resort, yet on seeing his room the only difference to mine was the addition of the ac unit!

The resort is clearly lacking a swimming pool, a major oversight perhaps?

Room Tip: Find out the room rate before you take the keys, we were not informed our room was more expensive than any of the others, and even now, cannot work out why it was so much more.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 15, 2011

During our 3-week exploration holiday of Zanzibar, we (family of four, with two children 10 and 13 years old) visit the four corners of the island, and spent the last three nights (July 19-22, 2011) at the Waikiki Zanzibar Resort in Pwani Mchangani.
The location of the hotel is fantastic, right on the beautiful beach... The Kite Center is located right on the beach in front of the hotel which is great. This is a perfect Kitesurfing spot :-)
The rooms in the bungalows were spacious, clean, comfortable and luxurious in style. The large double beds were equipped with the traditional mosquito netting and a large ceiling fan cooled off each room.
Nothing to complain about the hotel in itself, but rather about the food and the upper management...
The breakfasts were terrible! No fresh fruits! During three weeks, we had the most delicious tropical fruits the island could grow every morning. Here we were lucky when we had some semi-frozen tasteless bananas offered. The typical Italian autostrada old croissants and pastries were also offered. Again, nothing authentic and this in a country where we ate for three weeks like kings for breakfast, lunch and supper. The other meals served were on the expensive side for Zanzibar, the taste was very average and the portions were too small.
During our three weeks we met only the most wonderful, gentle and welcoming local people in every village we visited. Zanzibar is an amazing place, from its immense and pristine sandy beaches, to the rain forests and to the turquoise blue waters and reefs. But the people make this a truly special place! So when we witnessed how the local staff was treated by the management of the hotel, we were honestly shocked. But since they displayed a similar kind of haughtily and superior attitude and behaviour towards us guests, this did not surprise us really.
Anyway, of the many places we stayed in Zanzibar, this is the only place I cannot recommend, not because of the infrastructure or the location which are excellent, but more because of the people running the hotel...

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank MichaelScholl
Reviewed October 8, 2011

My friend and I stayed at Waikiki for four nights and it was an absolutely amazing experience. We didn´t wanted to leave Waikiki, we felt like at home there. We booked a luxury room and it was perfect, it was very close to the sea. The room was very clean and spacious.
The food at Waikiki is homemade and with a good variety of sea food (which I loved it) and for a very good price. They also have a good selection of wines. From the restaurant you can see the sea, which is super relaxing and beautiful.
They also have a bar closer to the sea where we enjoyed a fantastic mojitos made by Meddi, the cool Waikiki’s bartender.
The best 2 best things about Waikiki are the friendly staff and the beach, both of them unforgettable.
Tip: do not expect a big breakfast; the selection is quite poor and the coffee very bad… a small thing to improve!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Symonlife
Reviewed May 24, 2011

The Hotel is placed on a magical strip of beach. One of the best beach strips in Zanzibar.
On the east side of the island, with magical sandy beach meters from the hotel.
Very warm atmosphere in a not-too-big hotel with personal & warm hospitality!
Rooms are very big, well-equipped and decorated. The rooms with the A.C are just great!
Staff as well as the management were outstanding!
I was there with my wife and few friends, and it felt like heaven... :)
Really recommends this place, we've just had the best time in these 8 days we've stayed there!
Flavio & Alberto , Thank you very much for the hospitality! Was magical & my best "beach" vacation ever! keep running this place as a small & warm resort!!
One thing for sure, If i'm bach in zanzibar one day, I'd be knocking on your door :)

Room Tip: Take the rooms with the AC!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends