“Pretty good”

Cuisines: Italian
PA
“Pretty good”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed at the Colonial Inn for 4 days and 3 nights and ate here twice.

The first time was just a quick slice for a light lunch and the pizza was good but not outstanding. Maybe if we got a whole pizza and not just slices that were warmed up, we might have been more impressed. The waitress was nice enough, but not overly friendly or happy.

The next time we decided we didn't feel like going out for dinner and it was getting late. We called an order in, and my husband walked from our room by the shops to pick it up. He got a bacon cheeseburger and fries which he thought was very good.

I got a tossed salad which was huge and came with a delicious roll and butter. I stupidly didn't see that it came with the roll and we ordered a separate toasted roll and butter, which I ate with the salad. I also had the chicken tortellini soup, which was good but only had 4 tortellini in it and it was a pint of soup.

We also ordered Russian dressing and got Caesar instead, so my husband had to walk back to switch dressings, but stuff happens!

When we go back to the Colonial Inn, we'll try it again. I think I'd like to get a whole fresh pizza to rate the pizza fairly.

• Visited January 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If you love Plastic in your food you'll love this place!”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Recently ordered from here because I've been ordering from them forever. My boyfriend and his friend both got the same wraps. As my boyfriend goes to eat his second half of his wrap I hear a loud crunch. He pulls something out of his mouth it's a piece of plastic the size of a dime. His friend gets worried if something is in his because he ordered the same. He looks around in his as he's almost done he realizes there is a piece of hair at the bottom which isn't his. We call up to complain and the lady says she will send 2 new ones out but she needs the other 2 back. We get a phone call an hour later from her being very rude saying we miscommunicated with her after listening to her being rude for a little we tell her well you just lost some customers. She says that's fine and hangs up on my boyfriend. You don't treat people like that especially a customer.

1 Thank JSmyth609
Mount Royal, New Jersey
“Great Pizza!”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

This place is quick and the pizza was delicious! We love stopping in and grabbing a pizza at the end of the night to take back to our hotel room.

Visited October 2012
Oakhurst, New Jersey
“Delivery guy got lost.”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We ordered food to the room, basic app's chx fingers, mozzerella stix & onion rings, it was all pretty good.

Visited November 2012
new jersey
“Great food!”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We recently ate here while visiting the village green at Smithville. My husband ordered a special 'the backwards personal pizza". It was delicious - nice thin crust, delicious sauce. Very tasty.
I ordered the BBQ chicken sandwich. I expected a chicken breast on a kaiser roll with some bacon, bbq sauce and cheese. Instead I got a TON of grilled chicken strips, slathered in BBQ sauce, on a huge long roll with bacon and melted cheese. It was REALLY good, huge, and totally unexpected. I can't believe such a great little restaurant is located in this shopping area. I wish they were close to where I live because we would definitely go there all the time. I highly recommend this place!!

• Visited September 2012