“Great family owned and operated restaurant”
Review of Athenian Garden

Athenian Garden
Ranked #15 of 56 Restaurants in Galloway
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 21, 2013

If you are traveling to the Atlantic City area, you must make your way offshore to this place. I don't write reviews on trip advisor usually because I just write reviews for local places near my home but I felt I had to take the time to tell everyone how amazing this place was. 1. Family owned and operated, from my understanding its a husband and wife, their two sons and the sons wife who solely run this restaurant. 2. They have an organic garden and chicken coop on the land of the restaurant, obviously not in season yet but it will be soon. 3. BYOB place without the overpriced entrees to make up for lack of liquor sales 4. Great portions with delicious, true Greek cuisine. Definitely try the fried calamari, tigania (pork medallions) and all of their dips. I also noticed that they have a lot of vegetarian and vegan options as well.

17  Thank Ally L

Reviewed May 13, 2013

This place is family owned & run, and the food tastes as if you are being welcomed into their home. It's BYOB which is awesome. MUST EATS: Charbroiled Octopus Appetizer (comes with a delicious slaw!), If you like Sea Bass the Lavraki dinner is DELICIOUS. For lunch, try the lamb burger (comes with thin shoestring fries, which I love!) Finally, for dessert you MUST MUST MUST try the Ekmek if they have it (they only make it seasonally or on special occasions). If they don't have it, the Galaktoboureko is similar and delicious (but is simply the runner up to Ekmek). We come here almost every Friday and if not we even order out from this place. Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

19  Thank LuLy9482
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Went here for lunch, the ground lamb gyro was excellent, service was attentive, and the price was nice.

17  Thank Tacoma236
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I rarely write reviews but felt the most recent review did a disservice to this lovely little restaurant. We went for a family dinner last Saturday (May 4th, 2013) with our kids, and it was great. The service was friendly and attentive, the food was delicious (the hummus was a favorite). It was quiet for a Saturday with only a handful of tables occupied, presumably because it's before Memorial Day. I hope they get busy during the main season because they deserve to do well. I would highly recommend it as a casual, cozy, authentic place for dinner. If only we lived closer...

17  Thank linebarlow
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

I showed up on a Sunday at 630pm before they closed at 800pm. The door was locked but there were people inside. We knocked for a while until staff finally let us in the dining room. After a lame hello they said it would take 15 minutes to seat us. There were numerous tables open and it did not appear they were too busy. It smelled great and I wish I could have tried it but I did not feel welcome to stay. Maybe I will give it another try this week.

3  Thank gopgov