“Best Greek Food in Atlantic County”
Review of Athenian Garden

Athenian Garden
Ranked #7 of 53 Restaurants in Galloway
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Galloway, New Jersey
“Best Greek Food in Atlantic County”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This place is family owned & run, and the food tastes as if you are being welcomed into their home. It's BYOB which is awesome. MUST EATS: Charbroiled Octopus Appetizer (comes with a delicious slaw!), If you like Sea Bass the Lavraki dinner is DELICIOUS. For lunch, try the lamb burger (comes with thin shoestring fries, which I love!) Finally, for dessert you MUST MUST MUST try the Ekmek if they have it (they only make it seasonally or on special occasions). If they don't have it, the Galaktoboureko is similar and delicious (but is simply the runner up to Ekmek). We come here almost every Friday and if not we even order out from this place. Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

• Visited May 2013
13 Thank LuLy9482

Thomson, Ga USA
“Excellent Greek food”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Went here for lunch, the ground lamb gyro was excellent, service was attentive, and the price was nice.

Visited May 2013
11 Thank Daniel G
Summit, New Jersey
“Cozy, authentic and lovely”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I rarely write reviews but felt the most recent review did a disservice to this lovely little restaurant. We went for a family dinner last Saturday (May 4th, 2013) with our kids, and it was great. The service was friendly and attentive, the food was delicious (the hummus was a favorite). It was quiet for a Saturday with only a handful of tables occupied, presumably because it's before Memorial Day. I hope they get busy during the main season because they deserve to do well. I would highly recommend it as a casual, cozy, authentic place for dinner. If only we lived closer...

• Visited May 2013
11 Thank linebarlow
Naperville, Illinois
“Too busy to seat us”
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

I showed up on a Sunday at 630pm before they closed at 800pm. The door was locked but there were people inside. We knocked for a while until staff finally let us in the dining room. After a lame hello they said it would take 15 minutes to seat us. There were numerous tables open and it did not appear they were too busy. It smelled great and I wish I could have tried it but I did not feel welcome to stay. Maybe I will give it another try this week.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank gopgov
Vermont
“read, relax, enjoy”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We had dinner here based on Trip Advisor reviews. T.A. reviewers come through again. Thanks.

It was a week night, perhaps a slow time of season. They weren't very busy.

We were promptly greeted by our friendly waiter who took excellent care of us. My wife had the chicken kebob, I had Nickolas Calamari. Both dinners were substantial. The calamari description on the menu just lists 4 ingredients (besides the pasta), but the flavor was unbelievably good. Wow, if I could only cook like that.

The pace was relaxed, some might think slow. Perhaps that's typical of a good Greek dining experience. We found it just fine as we were winding down after a day's driving. We sipped from a bottle of wine we brought (byob) and enjoyed a great dinner.

• Visited April 2013