“Great food even on a off night”
Review of Athenian Garden

Athenian Garden
Ranked #14 of 56 Restaurants in Galloway
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Went here on 3/24 armed with a great bottle of wine and eagerness for Octopus. The waiter (I'm pretty sure he was one of the owners) was gregarious and friendly. We ordered the Grilled Octopus as a starter and my wife ordered the Kleftika and I the baked whole Branzini with sides of spinach and rice pilaf. After pouring our wine and bringing Pita and Olive Oil we sat chatting and enjoying our wine. After what seemed an hour we had to ask about the Octopus of which he had forgotten to order. After that everything flowed smoothly. The Octopus with the ? Greek slaw? was delicious. My wife's Kleftika was outstanding, what flavors, and my Branzini was very good. I commented to the waiter that he was a one man band as he was the only waiter working the floor. Come to find out that two workers had called out sick that day and he was at his wits end. As and apology for the wait he brought us each a piece of Baklava sooo sweet and light. I will return here again and this time I'll get the Kleftika!!

19  Thank leh003

Reviewed February 22, 2013

We drove past this place on the way to The Marriott Villas and then went back for dinner. Boy were we glad we did! We are from Baltimore and used to fabulous food in Greektown there. This place was equal or better. Try the grilled octopus. Have never seen it served that way --- a whole tentacle grilled to perfection. All the food was freshly and simply prepared, seasoned perfectly. Authentic Greek food at reasonable prices.

17  Thank Maggiemay602
Reviewed January 31, 2013

My wife and I were looking for a BYOB to have dinner prior to heading into Atlantic City for a concert at Boardwalk Hall. We looked this place up and made our reservation. Wow! What an incredible dinner we both enjoyed. My wife ordered the chicken special and I ordered the pork tenderloin. Meals were served very hot and were very tasty! Service was excellent as well. Ordinarily when traveling to Atlantic City, which we do about a half dozen times a year, we eat at one of the casinos and spend a small fortune. Not any more...we plan to make Athenian Garden our stop for dinner from this point on.

17  Thank Joseph M
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Overall very good quality. My only complaint is that the falafel is sometimes a bit dry. Good service. BYOB makes it even more appealing. Very accomodating with special requests

18  Thank nshawk
Reviewed December 21, 2012

My son loves the spankopita (spinach pie) and the pastichio (macaroni with ground meat and bechamel sauce), both of which are among the best we've ever tasted. The tsatsiki sauce (yogurt sauce) is made just right -- the perfect blend. Everything we've ever eaten here has been delicious. The restaurant is family-owned and operated. Service is friendly and warm. This is one of the best restaurants in this area!

17  Thank Aghavni