“Amazing Pancakes!”

Shea's Cafe & Bakery
Ranked #1 of 53 Restaurants in Galloway
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New York City, New York
“Amazing Pancakes!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2011

I found this place on tripadvisor so we checked it out. The breakfast food was sooo good we went every day. The portions are enormous so if you can't take it with you, you may want to share. Many of the dishes I would want to eat as dessert but no matter what we ordered we were happy. Note: the egg dishes aren't as large as the pancake dishes.
I recommend this place to anyone visiting this area. The restaurant itself is very simple so if you're locking for some trendy upscale place, this isn't for you, but if you want great food in a relaxed setting, check it out. There is always a wait but it's not too bad. The earlier you go the less of a wait it seems.

• Visited October 2011

Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
“Fantastically Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2011

This place is very small but, that is the only downside. The Pumpkin Pancakes are unbelievable!!! Always huge servings. The staff is great and the owner is always friendly and funny!!!! This place is a can't miss!

• Visited October 2011
Atlantic City, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Pumpkin Pancakes Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

My husband and I had just moved to the area so we decided to try Shea's one morning. You need to get there early or you will be waiting. This cafe is very popular with the locals. I also wanted to comment to a reviewer who said he had to wait outside before a table was available. This is true because there is no room to wait inside. The cafe is too small inside to have people standing around waiting.

I was very excited because I saw that they had a few pumpkin dishes available. I ordered the pumpkin pancakes. The portion is HUGE! I was even told by the host that I would never finish them. He was right. I gladly took them home to finish later. They tasted so good. I've been to Shea's quite a few times & I have never had a bad experience. No one has ever been rude to me.

• Visited October 2010
1 Thank swynne
“Surprised!!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2011

First visit to Shea's Cafe a treat. The foo was great busy atmospher but excellent food and good service. Unfortunately I wanted to introduce my girlfriend to the Cafe as my sister did myself previously. Arrived late morning to a 10 minute wait, no problem. Notice I arrived and gave my party size (2) and named while a few party's were admiring the menu board outside. Waited outside and the other party's came outside as well. After about 25 minutes I noticed the people who arrived after me making they're way to tables being signaled from the host inside to come in. I was appauld and feel like I was just told I do not want you in my restaurant. Never judge a book by it's cover. My money is as green as anyone else's.

New York City, New York
“Rude Staff, Slow Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2011

The main host thinks he's hilarious, but in reality, he is quite rude. The wait is unreasonably long, for both seating and service. You are not allowed to wait in the restaurant - you must stay outside until your table is ready. They told us there was a 10-15 minute wait for a table After 20 minutes we went inside to check if our table was ready and the host merely said he'd come get us when it was our turn. He refused to give us any additional time frame. Ridiculous!

• Visited August 2011