“Best Pumpkin Pancakes Ever!”

Shea's Cafe & Bakery
Ranked #1 of 54 Restaurants in Galloway
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 15, 2011

My husband and I had just moved to the area so we decided to try Shea's one morning. You need to get there early or you will be waiting. This cafe is very popular with the locals. I also wanted to comment to a reviewer who said he had to wait outside before a table was available. This is true because there is no room to wait inside. The cafe is too small inside to have people standing around waiting.

I was very excited because I saw that they had a few pumpkin dishes available. I ordered the pumpkin pancakes. The portion is HUGE! I was even told by the host that I would never finish them. He was right. I gladly took them home to finish later. They tasted so good. I've been to Shea's quite a few times & I have never had a bad experience. No one has ever been rude to me.

1  Thank swynne

Reviewed September 1, 2011

First visit to Shea's Cafe a treat. The foo was great busy atmospher but excellent food and good service. Unfortunately I wanted to introduce my girlfriend to the Cafe as my sister did myself previously. Arrived late morning to a 10 minute wait, no problem. Notice I arrived and gave my party size (2) and named while a few party's were admiring the menu board outside. Waited outside and the other party's came outside as well. After about 25 minutes I noticed the people who arrived after me making they're way to tables being signaled from the host inside to come in. I was appauld and feel like I was just told I do not want you in my restaurant. Never judge a book by it's cover. My money is as green as anyone else's.

Reviewed August 24, 2011

The main host thinks he's hilarious, but in reality, he is quite rude. The wait is unreasonably long, for both seating and service. You are not allowed to wait in the restaurant - you must stay outside until your table is ready. They told us there was a 10-15 minute wait for a table After 20 minutes we went inside to check if our table was ready and the host merely said he'd come get us when it was our turn. He refused to give us any additional time frame. Ridiculous!

4  Thank ILoveBacon4
Reviewed August 11, 2011

The food, service, wait-staff, owner, atmosphere, and price can't be beat anywhere. Even with a line outside, we waited only 10 minutes for a table; the efficiency of the wait- staff is unparalleled. Customers are treated like friends and not hurried, and as soon as a group leaves their table area, a waitress is there cleaning the table and setting it for the next group. The food is overly abundant, and the prices are very reasonable. Tip: If you order pancakes, order a "short stack" because they are enormous; even so, no one in our party of five (age range 8 - 74) was able to finish a whole portion. The owner is a perfect fit for this type of restaurant; he is personable and runs a great establishment always with a smile on his face. Try Shea's once - open for breakfast and lunch only - and you will return again and again.

Reviewed July 30, 2011

Our hotel recommended Shea's for breakfast but we weren't expecting anything special. Boy were we pleasantly surprised! Their pancake specials are delectable! We ordered the hungryman because we wanted eggs too and we would get 2 mini pancakes. There was nothing mini about the pancakes and the cinnamon swirl ones were delicious!! The service was also delightful and the owner happily went to each table to say hello. We also like how he knew several of the locals names. Will def pop back in when we visit AC in the future :-)