“Surprised!!!!”

Ranked #1 of 56 Restaurants in Galloway
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 1, 2011

First visit to Shea's Cafe a treat. The foo was great busy atmospher but excellent food and good service. Unfortunately I wanted to introduce my girlfriend to the Cafe as my sister did myself previously. Arrived late morning to a 10 minute wait, no problem. Notice I arrived and gave my party size (2) and named while a few party's were admiring the menu board outside. Waited outside and the other party's came outside as well. After about 25 minutes I noticed the people who arrived after me making they're way to tables being signaled from the host inside to come in. I was appauld and feel like I was just told I do not want you in my restaurant. Never judge a book by it's cover. My money is as green as anyone else's.

Reviewed August 24, 2011

The main host thinks he's hilarious, but in reality, he is quite rude. The wait is unreasonably long, for both seating and service. You are not allowed to wait in the restaurant - you must stay outside until your table is ready. They told us there was a 10-15 minute wait for a table After 20 minutes we went inside to check if our table was ready and the host merely said he'd come get us when it was our turn. He refused to give us any additional time frame. Ridiculous!

4  Thank ILoveBacon4
Reviewed August 11, 2011

The food, service, wait-staff, owner, atmosphere, and price can't be beat anywhere. Even with a line outside, we waited only 10 minutes for a table; the efficiency of the wait- staff is unparalleled. Customers are treated like friends and not hurried, and as soon as a group leaves their table area, a waitress is there cleaning the table and setting it for the next group. The food is overly abundant, and the prices are very reasonable. Tip: If you order pancakes, order a "short stack" because they are enormous; even so, no one in our party of five (age range 8 - 74) was able to finish a whole portion. The owner is a perfect fit for this type of restaurant; he is personable and runs a great establishment always with a smile on his face. Try Shea's once - open for breakfast and lunch only - and you will return again and again.

Reviewed July 30, 2011

Our hotel recommended Shea's for breakfast but we weren't expecting anything special. Boy were we pleasantly surprised! Their pancake specials are delectable! We ordered the hungryman because we wanted eggs too and we would get 2 mini pancakes. There was nothing mini about the pancakes and the cinnamon swirl ones were delicious!! The service was also delightful and the owner happily went to each table to say hello. We also like how he knew several of the locals names. Will def pop back in when we visit AC in the future :-)

Reviewed July 28, 2011

We had read the great reviews on several sites and drove 20 minutes to eat breakfast at Shea's Cafe. We were very disappointed! All the specials on the menu had no prices! I asked for prices and they ranged from $12 to $18 for these breakfast items. I had an a Resolution Omelet which was the healthy blackboard special. It was ok but small for the just under $9.00 price. Home Fries were greasy and the biscuit was heavy like lead! The French Bread French Toast was made from stale bread and had hardly any batter. Too dry to finish. It would not have been edible at all if it were not served with hot syrup! Steak and Eggs for $9.99 was a mini "Filet Mignon" that was tough about 2" across and 1/2" thick and sure looked and tasted more like Sirloin Steak! Be prepared to spend over $50 for breakfast for a family of 4 here! Would not go back and have to wonder about the reviews made online about this place.

1  Thank GratefulChildofGod