WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Rodeway Inn Galloway

Rodeway Inn Galloway
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Galloway
Sanford, North Carolina
“You Get What You Pay For”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

I went to Atlantic City on a Saturday night. As expected, all the strip hotels were upwards of $350/ nights. I decided since I would only be in the hotel a short time, anyways, to stay off-strip and cut costs.

Good:

The area isn't that bad. Plenty of food places like a Denny's, Mini-Marts, a zillion other hotels etc. I wasn't in fear for my life. If it's a high crime area, I didn't notice.

The price, $35. If all you need is a place to drop your bags before heading to the casinos and you are not worried about quality, this will fit the bill.

Close proximity to the casinos. Short 10 minute drive, straight-shot.

Microwave and refrigerator. If you are eating on the cheap to save money for the casinos (Ramen, microwaved burgers) this is crucial.

Bad:

The drain leaked and my washroom area was flooded. Maintenance wasn't on call so they put a bucket under the drain.

The bed was as comfortable as a slab of stone. Being 20-years military, I've slept in some uncomfortable areas but their beds rank up there.

Very few parking spots, I came back from the casinos at 1am and all spots were taken (one JO parked in two spots) I parked in an adjacent hotel's lot.

Appears they are undergoing renovations (at-least I hope that's the case, lol)

BOTTOM-LINE: You get what you pay for. Temper your expectations and you'll be fine. You want quality, book elsewhere. I still have to give it 2 stars as an honest overall review.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Mark L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Georgia Coast, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

Normally I would not waste my breath on these reviews but you people deserve to know what abuse is. I came up from down south to stay for two weeks and let me tell you... I brought my little dog with me and my husband to go drinking and gambling in Atlantic city. The management refused almost always to give me a clean towel. She brought me back the same soiled towels I used except it seemed like she through a bottle of bleach on them and washed them with no laundry detergent. Then I had to sleep with the same blanket for a week before she took it. I think all she did was bring me back the same dirty blanket. Then I took my dog to go to the bathroom and 20 minutes later I had a bag of dog droppings hanging on my door knob. This manager was petty and very immature. All the guests seemed to be aggravated about one thing or another. And I hate to say it but she always looked like she was flying higher than a kite. But if you want a hotel That promised the best but doesn't deliver than this is the perfect place for you! I'll go check in at the holiday express next time and pay a little more to have mature and reasonable maid service.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank QueenB201
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

I stayed at the rodeway inn on a Saturday night. I was looking for the best deal. After searching I stopped at the rodeway. The prices were OK but a little more then I wanted to spend. Amelia at the front desk worked with me and I stayed. The room was very clean and I will go back

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank dancoats1
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

We travel a great deal. This motel is nothing to look at. The curtains didn't work on a rod, but we got them to close.

Pros - On the other hand, the room was clean, the shower was hot and a good spray, the frig and microwave worked. It is in a strip of motels. There are restaurants near and a grocery store about 2 miles away. Atlantic City is 10-15 minutes down the pike. Ocean City is a 20 minute trip off the Garden State Parkway. You can get to either by car or public bus. You can find a neighborhood to run in, if you are a runner, once you cross White Horse Pike. The staff responds to needs.

The cons - You need to ask for maid service, there is no coffee [use the microwave], the sink didn't shut off easily, the internet is slow or almost not there at times.

For a cheap, I'm-here-for-the-beach-not-the-room stay this was just fine.

Room Tip: 201, not 206 - noisy air conditioner. 201 is at the end, by a stairway which no one uses.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank MarsRD
Boston, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

But, if you're looking for someplace decent and well-priced for a short stay, you should be very pleased with what you find here.

I find myself in this part of New Jersey to take care of some family business. I needed an inexpensive, utilitarian place to stay with a refrigerator, a microwave and a bed that wouldn't cause me to need a chiropractor in the morning. Given that those were my criteria, I got much more than I hoped for.

After driving interminably from Florida, to literally pull off the Garden State Parkway, and be at your hotel is a great pleasure. Despite my arriving at an insane hour, the lovely and sleep-deprived staff person, Amelia, was more accommodating than anyone has the right to expect at that hour.

The room and bed were perfectly adequate and comfortably clean. The refrigerator actually cools and the air conditioner keeps my room at my usual 'meat cooler' temperature. I've dealt with much worse at hotels where I paid five times the rate I am paying here.

I have, by necessity, had to make some rather odd requests to management and they have been more than happy to help, where I have received stares of disbelief that I would interrupt their day at so-called 'boutique' hotels.

It is close to everything I require, and it has a perfectly fine Internet connection.

You can certainly stay at prettier places, and you could certainly stay at more expensive places, but if you are simply looking for somewhere to park yourself while you get a good night's sleep, or a few things done, I can't imagine why you would drive a mile further down the road and pay twice the price.

There was even an error with my rate---That is, they UNDERCHARGED me. Not only did they not reverse that decision, but they were almost ridiculously apologetic when they asked me to pay a bit more for my second week, rather than the full price they should have charged me in the first place.

Again, if you want a decent place to stay, this is it. Want lots of frills and a mini bar you'll be charged $7 for some chips you could buy for $1 in supermarket, there are dozens of others.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank chancanasta
Red Bank, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

first let me say I travel a lot and got to say that the person who wrote that has to be nuts I have stayed there many times and the staff is top notch , rooms are clean check in is fast,the manager even went out of his was to call bobby flays for me to go to dinner with my wife what more can I ask for and he gave his cell I need any thing to and I just booked again. called him personally , he took care of right from his cell phone he said your my customer for life so we will take care of you ,lets talk also about hose keeping the room was very clean sheets were nice and the bathroom looked and smelled very clean and hosekeeping indrduced her self to me her name was amilla ad asked me if I needed anything also call me if you need anything so what I m saying call them there are on the money here ...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank joe m
Also consider these accommodations in or near Galloway
Country Hearth Inn Atlantic City/Galloway
Crystal Inn & Suites
#7 of 18 in Galloway
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Absecon (Atlantic City) Galloway
BEST WESTERN Garden State Inn

Been to Rodeway Inn Galloway? Share your experiences!