WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Galloway
Atlantic City, New Jersey, United States
“Horrible..........”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

where do i begin lets start with entering the room the minute i opened the door all you smelled was Mildew it was so strong i guess the jacuzzi must've ran over on the floor many time for the smell to be that strong the floor around the jacuzzi was so dirty you can see foot prints, there was a mini fridge which was in bad need of defrosting there were about 10 channels on the old 27in big TV hanging from the ceiling. 2 towels in the whole room, there were two carpet squares like you buy from walmart for a dollar in the bathrm by the tub to hide the duck tape on the bathrm floor the toilet seat was so woren the color was coming off it, a torn shower curtain liner that dragged the floor. it was just ran down and in need of a serious remodel and a good mopping and rug shampooing.Very Low Budget............

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
White Plains, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

Stayed overnight last Friday, July 27, 2012. Up front with $3 extra charged for hotel booking fee or something. Air con was ok but the carpet was dirty and smelly. My wife and I shared one towel that smell fresh from laundry but not the other one. After an hour of stay, I noticed small annts all over, from the bathroom to the cabinets. This place needs overhaul cleaning and sanitation. We decided to stay late playing at the AC casino and went back around 2 am, checked out around 6 am. Beware of this place. Never to stay in this place !!!!

Room Tip: higher floor
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012

The place as a whole is kinda run down and a bit dirty. But actually I was OK with that because of the price, I kinda expected it. Where I draw the line is the bait and switch technique that others reviewed about on here. This is what happen, I ordered for 3 nights on booking.com. Got a OK rate, nothing special. I get to the hotel, they tell me that there was a $3.00 a night surcharge that wasn't charged. I was upset over it b/c it doesn't state anywhere there will be a charge. So i paid the extra $3.00 a night in cash and went on with my vacation. So i get back from my vacation, look at my credit card statement and they charged extra $23 over what booking.com stated. I called up and they told me they can't help me now but they will call me back, and they did to my surprise. The guy on the phone was nice and said he doesn't know how it happen and he will credit my card back. Well here I am still waiting for the refund. So my final word. BEWARE of the shady business they do. First avoid at all cost, and second if you can't check all your charges very carefully.

Room Tip: Pick a room with a good lock so you don't get stabbed.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

I decided to stay over last minute and booked through Orbitz. The price was $30 but with tax and everything around $37. when I got to the hotel they told me I need to pay another $4.95 hotel tax. The room was clean enought but the bedside lights did not work so when you turned the main light on it was a florencent kitchen light. They use actual real keys to open the door so if you are going out you need to make sure the door is locked. The bed was the hardest I have ever slept on and the pillows were no better. The people running the place were extremly nice and the TV was great. Large flat screen. Check out time was a bit early 10am. Since I was only in my room probably a total of 5 hours if that much, it worked for me. I just would have liked to have known about the extra charge before hand.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank kbells2
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2011

We book by internet and it seems cheap but when we check in first we are three people one a bby but we change for an adult and we have to pay extra also the prize was different so we have to pay the difference cause nobody told us this prize was because we have a card for frecuent travelers. Breakfast only gave a coupon to go to Dennis for a discount so no brekfast at all.
Also no room service we request extra towels and we are still waiting so cheap but no recommend to anybody.
The person at night not so friendly and in the morning dont have any idea about the hotel

Room Tip: I dont hve idea all the rooms the same smell smoking there
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
North Providence, Rhode Island, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

I knew what I was getting myself into when I booked here. We walked in, the lamp was broken and bent over. I opted for a "suite"...

LOL

What a joke that was. It was "sweet" that nobody kicked the door in and killed us. Not quite sure what the difference between our terrible room which was dubbed a "suite" and a regular room would have been...

Fortunately we were drunk as hell when we arrived so our goal was simply to sleep there. That was it. I didn't wake up itchy, so that's a plus. Maybe that's what the "suite" part was.

The lady at the desk was friendly, but yeah, like all the Absecon/Galloway motels right there - it was nasty. Again, though, I knew what I was in for when I booked it.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Nick P
Hawthorne, NJ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2011

Booked one of there rooms via travelocity, when I arrived to the place manager asks me for incentive card that got me the special rate. I immediately recalled reading a review on tripadvisor about this place and its shady rate with online bookings. I tell the manager I don't know what he is referring to, all I did was search travelocity, and booked the room. Never saw any sort of message asking me for an incentive card number to input (thats the way promo codes and incentive cards always work, think AAA or Promo Cads).

There is where the scam lies. You do your search, they come up as the lowest price by a few dollars and then when you get there, they pull this move on you. This is not the first time this has happened with this place. They actually have a sign on the counter telling you, if you don't have the incentive card you don't get the incentive rate. Meanwhile back on travelocity, no mention of any sort incentive card. If it wasn't for us having my laptop and internet connection, I would have had no choice but to go along with there scam. What else can you do at 11pm after driving for a few hours??

So the sign reads on to say there it is an additional $25 a night with no card (20.99+25.00). Meanwhile, we arrived on a Wednesday, all nearby motels were between 25-35 a night. He was going to charge me $45+tx for Wed & Thurs each. Friday & Saturday almost made my eyes fly out of there socket, $150 bucks a night. This guy must have thought I was a tourist. For $150 a night, I would have stayed at any of the hotels at the casinos and not this sham place. The lobby smelled like food, when I stepped outside you could literally smell the food on my clothing. This is obviously a VERY UNPROFESSIONAL shoddy family run place.

Then I proceed to call travelocity. I had to wait outside because the manager and his family were all spilling into the lobby and I couldn't take the smell anymore. So I call travelocity and they call the motel only to find that within the 5 minutes I had made the call, the manager LEFT. Thats right folks, my license and credit card still inside with him, he TAKES OFF. So I go back inside and the lady behind the counter has no understanding of whats going on. She gives me his cell to give to the agent I am on the phone with, lets just say after about 1hr and 15 min of trying to connect to his cell he decided to come back. By now I am obviously irate. Not only does this guy try to pull one over on me, but then he leaves while I am on the phone trying to get things sorted.

My advice, stay away from this shoddy place. If the lobby alone is any indication of how poorly and unprofessionally things are run, I can only imagine how clean the rest of the place is. In all my years of traveling, I have never been so disrespected and insulted.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DJD20111
Also consider these accommodations in or near Galloway
Country Hearth Inn Atlantic City/Galloway
#6 of 18 in Galloway
BEST WESTERN Garden State Inn
Holiday Inn Express Absecon - Atlantic City Area
Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North

Been to Passport Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!