“Fine dining at a reasonable price”
Review of Assaggio!

Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mannheim Avenue
Transit: Bus stops in front of restaurant.
Description: Italian Cuisine, Homemade Pasta, Fresh Seafood, Steaks, Over 20 Gluten Free Items, full comfortable, beautiful Bar, Happy Hour M-F 4 to 7pm, Entertainment Friday & Saturday, Capri Room upstairs for parties, meeting with a capacity of 40 people with a grand piano. Near Egg Harbor City NJ, Near Atlantic City NJ, Hammonton NJ, Mays landing NJ, Galloway NJ, Absecon NJ, Pomona NJ. FORMERLY TRE FIGLIO restaurant
Reviewed December 18, 2017

We had our annual family "Christmas" gathering the week before Christmas. The service we friendly. It felt like going to my grandmother's house.

We had an order of brussel sprouts, which I highly recommend! And also the anti-pasta platter, also delicious. The calamari was good, not the best I've ever had, but still quite good.

I ordered the pasta with shrimp, asparagus and sun dried tomatoes. It was wonderful. The shrimp were large and tender. The pasta was definitely homemade and made me remember just how good homemade pasta it. My husband got the trio. I am usually reluctant to get gnocchi if I haven't been to the restaurant previously. These gnocchi were *AMAZING*, light fluffy pillows of deliciousness. Stepson devoured the branzino, so I am going to assume it was good. Everyone seemed very pleased with their dinners. I'll definitely return!

Note: They have a lot of gluten free offerings and carefully mark all of the GF items.

Date of visit: December 2017
Mary R, Owner at Assaggio!, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2017

Thank you so much for coming to Assaggio! for your family Christmas dinner. I am honored. I did meet you that day their were 6 of you I believe. Very nice family. Thank you for taking the time to write a nice review. It is very much appreciated.
Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas.

Reviewed September 9, 2017 via mobile

Almost went past it on White Horse pike. About 2 miles from Atlantic City expy exit. Very cozy yet elegant. Comfortable seats. Active bar. Large menu choices. Aimed for the pasta...ALL home made! Sauces and gravies just right. Great meatballs. Good portions. Attentive staff and owner, Mary. House made biscotti best yet if you like the softer kind. Can't wait to get back to try more on the menu. Was told there is a happy hour when smaller plates are offered, sounds like a great way to try many of their offerings.

Date of visit: September 2017
Mary R, Owner at Assaggio!, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2017

So glad that you found us and that we have a new customer. Thank you for taking the time and giving us a good review.

Reviewed July 29, 2017

Friendly efficient service. Food was outstanding. Fresh pasta made daily, red sauce seasoned perfectly. We all chose something different and everyone was pleased with their selection which ranged from eggplant to beef ravioli etc. Cheese plate was plentiful and delicious as were the desserts. I doubt that anyone would not be satisfied with their food choice at this restaurant. Restaurant is closed Sunday but open all other evenings of the week. Nice drinks list. Restaurant specifies that it offers gluten free menu items.

Date of visit: July 2017
Mary R, Owner at Assaggio!, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am happy that you enjoyed your dinners, that is what we stride for. Thanks again.

Reviewed July 14, 2017

A nice little Italian restaurant near the Jersey shore. The pasta was homemade, the wines were reasonably priced and the service was attentive. For appetizers we shared burrata caprese and eggplant involutini. Our favorite dishes for the evening were the flounder franchise and pork chop milanese. Deserts shared were biscotti and lemon currant meringue. A very tasty evening.

Date of visit: July 2017
Mary R, Owner at Assaggio!, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2017

Thank you for your nice review it is much appreciated that you toke the time to write it.

Reviewed June 13, 2017 via mobile

This is a wonderful and friendly place to visit if you want Italian food. Customer service was A+. The staff were so accommodating and nice that it made you feel like they appreciate you. The food was great, the chef game out and greeted everyone in the dining room. You have to visit Assaggio for a great meal in an intimate setting. You will not go wrong if you dine at Assaggio! Me and my wife will definitely return to have another meal.

Date of visit: June 2017
Mary R, Owner at Assaggio!, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2017

Thank you for taking the time and giving us such a nice review. Also thank you for sharing your anniversary celebration with us.