“Clean, comfortable and friendly!”

Country Hearth Inn Atlantic City/Galloway
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Galloway
Reviewed August 6, 2013

My husband and I were looking for a cheap but clean place with good reviews and decided to try this place. I had booked off expedia and got a great deal. The man at the front desk was nothing but nice to us. He was very welcoming and friendly and made sure we had everything we needed. Our room was very clean (except a little under the bed) and didn't have an odor. We had a jacuzzi suite and the room was great! The jacuzzi was wonderful, only problem was the jets didn't work, but that was fine. Towels are thin as previous reviewers mentioned, but honestly it didn't bother me at all. My only dislike is that beds are a bit firm, but that is just my personal preference. Some people may like that. Overall, it's a very nice little place, nothing fancy, but has everything you need at a great price and friendly staff.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AmberU60
ACCountryHearthInn, Manager at Country Hearth Inn Atlantic City/Galloway, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2015

Thank You For Stay At Country Hearth Inn And Review. Please let me know, how can we do more better and comfortable stay for your next visit. Sorry for any inconvenience. Again We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. As always, we appreciate your business.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Let me give you advice do not book this hotel! The room smelled. The air unit was so loud I couldn't get any sleep. My family and I were in atlantic city for the weekend and this was our last resort due to all hotels being booked! Beds are uncomfortable and prices here are ridiculous! Save yourself the I told you so!

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed 13 nights at this Motel and we appreciate the hospitality of Nick and other people working there. We had everything we need in the room: fridge, microwave, coffee maker. The shower was very pleasant. We also appreciate to have a 20% discount at Dennis wich is a very good place to have breakfast. We recommend to couples & quiet people.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JERRY2Montreal

Reviewed July 18, 2013

If it was an option i would give this hotel a zero. An employee (Nick P) checked me in. I booked through Hotwire.com. He asked for my credit card (no problem, they all do). Then he told me that there was a $5 charge. I said why??? I've used Hotwire for years and never paid anything extra. Nick said it was because the rates are too low with Hotwire and we charge everyone who books with them $5. I said it doesn't sound right but I had no choice. He said he would upgrade me to a King-Size bed (which i learned was cheaper than a double queen room). He said the "upgrade" was free. Then he proceeds to charge my card $50. Nick said oops and then "refunded" me $45. I'm still waiting on the refund and will be tagging the charge with American Express.
I got to the room and quickly called Hotwire. They said they never heard of that. They called the hotel and he told them it was because i requested an upgrade. I told Hotwire that was a Flat Out lie!!!!!
The next morning. Nick was in the lobby again. I told him that he lied to me and said that Hotwire told me what was correct. He said no, he never told them that and that it's true He always charges $5 to Hotwire customers because the rate is too low. I'll be emailing Country Hearth Corporate Headquarters. If the Credit Card issue isn't fixed I will be calling the Police for Credit Card Fraud. DO NOT GO HERE.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Joshua D

Reviewed July 16, 2013

The place is great for staying a few nights if you want to save some money. Everything was in good condition, with the exception of the A/C. We talked to the staff and they replaced the A/C unit within half an hour. Great people. Breakfast is complimentary and you get a 20% off coupon to eat at Dennis down the road. Would recommend.

Room Tip: Don't use taxis to go to the city. Parking at the casinos is super cheap.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I'd like to say that I stumbled upon the Country Hearth by accident back when they first opened and it has been my go-to spot for overnight stays near Atlantic City ever since. I've come with friends, my spouse and there were times where I was just by myself - it suits all occasions.

The one thing that characterizes this place above others is that it is CLEAN and FRIENDLY. The offices in which you get your room key, the rooms, the surrounding grounds - everything is properly taken care of, there aren't any odd stenches or stained walls, no trash or debris and everything feels as though you are in a safe place. I've never been greeted with any less than a genuinely kind and inviting welcome when I come to stay and when I check out.

If you're looking for a hotel with over-stated elegance and tons of "amenities," you should expect to stay on the strip and pay your $200/night to feel like the spoiled American character you think you need to overnight as in order to enjoy yourself.

However, if you're looking for a place that is simply amazing for a comfortable overnight stay and you don't necessitate anything more than the standard TV, bed and bath - this is your place.

I can afford to stay elsewhere, I could be picky and want more than I need .. but ever since I discovered the 'Hearth, there just isn't any getting-by the fact that for approximately $70 (post-taxes) you can stay in a warm, clean, quiet and comfortable room while totally skipping the annoyance of staying at a big hotel and the price tag that comes along with it. Whether it's 1-night or a 5-day stay, I'd recommend Country Hearth to any rational consumer.

-Zach Bennett, Pennsylvania

Room Tip: All the rooms are generally the same configuration with different bed sizes, etc. I prefer staying o...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TheCultLeader

Reviewed July 10, 2013

...Not only is this the best stay in Galloway, NJ ...Nick, the owner and his staff here, are wonderful !!! ...they have gone "out of their way" to make my numerous stays here welcoming ...this very affordable property, for the area ...has beautifully remodeled smoke free rooms that are always clean with fresh crisp linens and amenities to include micro -fridge, irons and ironing boards and hair dryers in every room ...it is a very convenient drive into Atlantic City for business or just to play on the beach/boardwalk ...they offer a lovely Continental Breakfast to weekend travelers and are installing a new Work-Out Room off the lobby ...if you are looking for a great rate and a great stay just 10 minutes outside of AC ...make sure that you come to see Nick @ The Country Hearth Inn ...you'll be glad you did !!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DAHL K

Also consider these accommodations in or near Galloway
Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North
Atrium Inn
Atrium Inn
#6 of 19 in Galloway
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlantic City/Egg Harbor Township
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlant...
#1 of 8 in Egg Harbor Township
Crystal Inn & Suites
Crystal Inn & Suites
#12 of 19 in Galloway

Been to Country Hearth Inn Atlantic City/Galloway? Share your experiences!