“Good alternative to AC casinos”

Dolce Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Galloway
A TripAdvisor Member
“Good alternative to AC casinos”
Reviewed April 26, 2006

GREAT place to stay in the winter. 20 minute drive to Atlantic Cty is nothing (though a little hard to navigate) provides a much needed scenic break from the casinos and crackheads on the AC strip. Should save you a little money also. Although the hotel walls are incredibly thin and un-sound-proof(?), the hotel is usually only half full in the winter, making the noise a non-factor. The building's old age will be apparent although very well kept; the old building won't detract from the stay if you can try to look at it as adding character and atmosphere.... Great place to stay for girlfriend/boyfriend/husband/wife birthday or valentienes weekend, drive up, shower clean up at the hotel, go out in AC dinner/gambling, come back late, wake up, go to the pool, walk around the golf course and hotel, go back into AC for lunch and go home.

• Stayed January 2006
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Washington Dc
Reviewed April 15, 2006

The Seaview is a great resort hotel. Just remember that it is a family resort and a golf resort. It is not close to Atlantic City if you intend to gamble and party the night away -- it's a good 20 min drive. If you intend to golf it is the ideal resort. If you want to spend time with family it is a great place also with access to 2 indoor pools, 3 outside pools, a great game room, a nature trail, a jogging trail, golf, and a spa all on location. This great because anything else is at least a 10 min drive away.

We also experienced being given a room as far from the front as possible (room 498). The next door was an exit door. Not sure why they place people so far away when it is obvious that the place isn't full.

The breakfast buffet was excellent. Only problem I ran into was that my rate was bed & breakfast; when I told the waiter they said still sign the check and at checkout I was charged for my 2 meals. A call to the front desk took care of it.

I will go back again, but this time for golf, pool time with the kids and spa for my wife.

• Stayed April 2006
6 Thank oscar_whiskey
Eatontown, New Jersey
Reviewed April 2, 2006

I recently returned from my annual weekend getaway at Seaview with friends whom reunite every year to do one thing: relax...start with a drink in the plush oversized leather chairs in the lobby bar and watch the world go by...

The sales and catering staff here pull out all the stops for whatever you want...Atlantic City's casinos may have great facilities, too, but the patina of age and class has NOT left the building, contrary to other posters the renovations have been a major boost to the overall impression this place has on you...

This place is the one hotel in NJ where ALL the people whom I encountered (from valet to door to front desk and throughout the resort) always greet with a smile...room decors don't follow trends, they follow comfort...and suites are worth the extra money if you want an enclosed bedroom, larger baths (ask for 4th floor rooms with balconies facing pool if you wish)

Take time to stroll through the entire resort (yes the halls are long, but honestly if you ask for a room closer to the lobby it can be accommodated)...

The renovated game room has plush seating, 2 billiards tables, air hockey, Golden Tee, 2 flat-screen TVs and card tables for kids of all ages and adults to while away some rainy time...

The signature dishes in the Grille Room are the stars, and yes you are at a resort, so do bring along appropriate clothing (jackets not required, but do you REALLY have to wear Juicy Couture sweats to their Country Club Sunday Brunch?)

Of course, golf and spa are great if that's your thing, but I think the best thing to do at Seaview is not to plan...families with kids should do the Fairway Villas which are adjacent to property and have kitchens / foldout beds...

SIDETRIPS: Smithville Inn, White House Sub Shop, Dock's Oyster House, AC Outlets, Steve and Cookie's in Margate...

9 Thank TheBigHammer
nj
Reviewed February 3, 2006

I would recommend the Marriott if you have the need to visit the Atlantic City area. The staff is excellent... helpful, friendly and attentive. The food at the hotel is excellent. The breakfast buffet was exceptional - with made to order omelets, the sandwiches from the Grill are great and the dinners are wonderful. The Hotel is very well kept - we had a corner room that was nicely decorated and had an open feeling with a large bathroom.

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
10 Thank keysagain
NJ
Reviewed January 28, 2006

I have stayed in both the Marriott Seaview Resort and Fairway Villas, in the same complex but very different experience, and I enjoy both stays. The Marriott Seaview Resort is a top resort in service. There were so many staff working in the lobby, parking, concierge, bars, restaurant, golf store, etc..... The resort was almost overwhelming with staff opening car door, bringing in lugguage, opening door to the lobby, valet parking and smiling. Well, the service was great in all levels.
Check-in was great, no lines, we have been contacted by Gwen from concierge service and made a request to be on the high floor and closest to the elevator. That was what we got. The room is very nicely decorated, clean and comfortable. The resort has many activities for all ages. The resort pool is small but very charming. The locker and sauna area are very clean and has a shower.
The resort has a lobby bar, great Martinis; the Grill Room has good, affordable food and service. The resort dining room is magnificent. The service is perfect. The breakfast buffet for $14.95 adult/$5.95 child is very nice.
The resort is not located near Atlantic City but it is a easy ten minute drive to the Boardwalk. The nearly Smithsville Historic Village is very nice place to visit.
The Seaview Resort is kind of pricey but you can get great deal during non golf season. If you are booking on Marriott which has many great deals and the cancellation policy is very loose. A lot of rate enable you to change or cancel your reservation. You should compare the room rate between Seaview Resort and Fairway Villas. The rate maybe very close during golf season. The villas are georgous, about 1400 square foot two bedrooms, full kitchen, 2 full baths unit with balcony and sleep up to eight comfortably. The villas is equip with all kitchen utensils, cookware, washer and dryer. If you are looking for attentive service and nice restaurant , the Seaview Resort has all that.

• Stayed January 2006
10 Thank schong
Bowie, MD
Reviewed January 26, 2006

I recently stayed a night at this hotel. I read some of the reviews on this site and I agree with the comment I read about the parking. The parking is a pretty good walk especially if you are elderly. For 2 women traveling alone it also could present a safety issue as it is rather removed from the active areas of the hotel. I am not sure if there are cameras or anything on the parking lot but I would have felt a little better if I saw a security guard at least patroling the area occasionally at night.

The staff seemed pleasant enough. The hotel was pretty full that weekend,but our check-in only took minutes. The room was okay, I have stayed in rooms just as nice for less money. I was told at check-in that we were staying in the newly renovated wing of the hotel. Since I have never stayed there before I can not say how it compares. The room was clean and tidy. The bed was comfortable. The temperature in the room could be adjust for your comfort. It was quiet. The halls are very long so again be prepared to walk depending on where your room is. I only saw one bank of elevators and you may have to wait if you are trying to use them during a busy time like just before check-out.

The hotel looks like it has lots of amenities but because we were in town for a family celebration we did not have time to really take advantage of them. The Lobby was nice but I did not like the smoke smell that greeted us the minute we walked in to check-in.

Before we left to travel there I received a call from the hotel that was basically to see if we were interested in listening to their timeshare presentation. It wasn't a high pressure sales call but I would have preferred not to have been contacted on my cell phone for that purpose. I provided my number in case the hotel need to reach me regarding my stay, hotel oversold, flooded, something of that nature that would affect my planned stay. Not for sales call. I will be careful not to do that again or indicate in the note section if it is a time share property that I do not want to be contact by their sales personnel.

All in all it is a nice hotel, we had a nice stay. I would stay again.

5 Thank Travelsuster
Reviewed January 16, 2006

Well, you know from "Gwen" at the concierge desk calling me three days prior to my arrival at the resort, I was really really impressed! I really must say. She called to see if I needed anything at all..i.e. dinner reservations, info on local attractions etc. I thought this was a great touch and it really set a tone for this establishment. Now truthfully when I pulled up to the main entrance to check in, the door man and everyone to the front desk were falling over themselves trying to help with absolutely anything we needed and were beyond courteous. It was my husbands birthday that we were celebrating and we stayed there the evening of Jan 15. We were seeing a show at the Trump Taj Mahal that same evening as well. The drive to AC is great! However it would have been nice to stay one of the resorts/hotels on the strip but the short 15-20 minute drive to and from Galloway Township was fine. The room I thought was neat and cozy...very nice..but small..the bathroom was roomy and very very clean..I loved the Bath and Body Works toiletries that they had in the restroon!! Nice touch, I love stuff like that. We were in Room 231 and it seemed as if the hallways went on forever and ever and ever..I mean the corridors are loooooooong! (can't stress that enough) If you can get a room by the elevator do so. I mean it was fine but still the hotel is humungous. I loved the decor, of the hotel, everything was really upscale..and pretty with the floral carpeting, the bed linens were soft, the bed slept great, as I don't usually sleep well in hotel rooms. I am personally more of a Four Seasons and/or Ritz Carlton guest, (as their beds sleep like a cloud) but since we only needed one evening I took a shot at this Marriott. I am happy to say that I enjoyed it very very much. Everyone we passed in the corridors (staff) smiled said "Hello" and was overly pleasant. The lobby is nice to lounge in, the gift shop was really nice, with a coffe bar serving Starbucks, the resort itself is home to the LPGA golf tournament and that pretty much helped me make up my mind about stayng because I work for an investment bank, and they are all golfers and I know that whenever they travel their accomdations are "always" way above average and the plaques and pictures on the walls at this hotel showed that the clientele is well taken care of. It snowed the evening before we arrived so the walkways and grounds were covered in ice and hard packed snow..but you can tell that this property is very well maintained. When we walked into the lobby you could smell the food being served in the restaurant and the steaks made my mouth water. Overall, this is really a great property and I was really impressed with the service and the upkeep of everything. I would definitely recommend it..and i was fortunate enough to get a good rate of 95.00 for the one evening we stayed. What can you do?? Hotels along the AC boardwalk were ranging from 350.00 and up! So there it is. For what we needed our reservation for served it's purpose, but I would have loved to see this property in tbe summertime when you could use the beach.

Stayed January 2006
3 Thank BeachBlondeHoni
Also consider these accommodations in or near Galloway
Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa
Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel
Courtyard Atlantic City
Courtyard Atlantic City
#7 of 50 in Atlantic City

Been to Dolce Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!