“Great weekend Getaway” 4 of 5 stars

Dolce Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Galloway
“Great weekend Getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Nice historic hotel book on Priceline for half the price. We had a king size room with a view of the pool. Room service was good but expensive. We had take our from the Grille that took over 30mins. Since we were traveling with an infant we decided against eating in the dining room. The Quesadillas we bland and the salsa need cilantro is tasted like chopped up tomatoes. The chicken wings were good the right amount of crispy and sauce. My husband loved the eggs Benedict. I was however very disappointed with the service at Brunch after waiting for over 20 mins in line the hostess asked us to wait longer until she sat all the reservations in line. Brunch was $26 a person I felt she was rude and for that reason we left. There was only one hostess seating the tables and checking in reservations. I thought this process was extremely unorganized people who had made reservations also were waiting so what good is making a reservation. The hotel has a historic classic feel and is very close to Atlantic city.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank worldtravelor23
Danielle S, Supervisor at Dolce Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, August 31, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are very happy to hear about your experience and look forward to having you back on a leisure trip. Clearly we were not performing to our usual standards, and for that I sincerely apologize. I have reviewed your feedback in detail with our restaurant manager and we’ve implemented steps to ensure this won’t happen again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

We are traveling to Cape May for a week with the family. We were looking for a place to stay one night on the way down. My daughter in law found this place online. What a pleasant surprise this hotel is. It was built in 1914 and has undergone many changes over the years but the staff is great and the rooms comfortable. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet too. We will return next year and I look forward to it.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Cornelius O
Thank you for your valuable feedback and noticing the important details of our guestrooms. We will continue to enhance our products and services to ensure a memorable experience for our guests. The Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club is the area’s only full-service golf resort set upon 670 acres of Woodland Park just across Reed’s Bay from Atlantic City. It’s a historic place with an atmosphere of history and tradition more usually found in the Old World such as St. Andrews, Gleneagles and Carnoustie. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Galloway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

The hotel hosted an Aikido event and the facility seemed very busy. The a.m. breakfast buffet was good but several guests were making take away platters from the buffet. Had to wait to replace fruit at buffet. Suggest check when this group will be coming.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Charles M
We appreciate your feedback and apologize for not living up to your expectation. We will continue to improve upon our product and service to provide a better experience in the future. We do look forward to seeing your group every year and look forward to your return.
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Old world charm with upscale amenities. Golf resort with beautiful views, great location close to Atlantic City and reasonable price. Outstanding breakfast buffet.
Suggestion...would request 2nd or 3rd floor room at end of hall. Hotel is 100 years old with hallways that creak when guest walking on them.

Room Tip: request 2nd or 3rd floor room at end of hall
2 Thank ken g
Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are thrilled you enjoyed such a wonderful weekend. We are glad you enjoyed our food and hope to see you again in the future.
PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

A tired looking hotel. There were holes in the ceiling and floor of the hallways with yellow traffic cones to warn of obstacles.
I would not classify it as a resort. Golf courses are poor to mediocre. Poolside service is hindered by system of payment and the food arrives cold.
The food inside the hotel was good and well priced. This was not enough to consider a return visit.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank ticketofly
Danielle S, Front Desk Supervisor at Dolce Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Clearly we were not performing to our usual standards, and for that I sincerely apologize. I have reviewed your feedback in detail with our restaurant manager and we’ve implemented steps to ensure this won’t happen again. . The hotel opened in 1914 as a private country club featuring two 18-hole championship golf courses. Throughout the years, we made extraordinary efforts to maintain the charm and detail of this unique and historic resort. It certainly isn’t for everyone, but we are extremely proud of our resort.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I must have played golf here well over a dozen times in the last 2 years and LOVE the golf course and the GOLF staff. The Hotel had issues that were not at all manageable or taken care of. This is not an exceptionable hotel by all means. This place needs a HOTEL make over in so many ways. 100 years old and it shows. It has a 5 star golf course and 2 star hotel.

I could not get an early check in so I went to pool area to sit and relax and grab a bite to eat, only to find black MOLD growing on all the white chairs as if they have NEVER been Cleaned in YEARS. Dirty Towels all over the place at the pool, music playing over a speaker from a radio station that had more static then music. Could not stay long and decided to hit golf balls instead...my saving grace. GREAT practice facility. After checking in to the room I noticed a musty smell and didn't think anything more about it UNTIL I stepped near the TV to turn it on and my socks became soaking wet. Called the front desk and they sent a maintenance guy who could not figure out where the water came from. I was in Room 311 and He threw a towel over it and said that he would have housekeeping come in an extract the floor....it never happen. No other rooms were available because of a convention or was it that I had the HOTELS.com Special deal and it was now 1 am when I checked back in to my room. Now a day later I have a soar throat which I rarely get....makes you wonder.....

Jerry Ehrlich from the Great City of Philadelphia

Room Tip: No Comment !!!!
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Jerry E
We are very sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction. Clearly we had a breakdown in communication among our staff, causing interruption in your stay for which we sincerely apologize. I have reviewed your feedback in detail with our team and will ensure that proper procedures and training is in place to avoid such incident in the future. We truly hope to have an opportunity to provide you a better experience during your next visit.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

My husband and I just spent a week at the Seaview. Our first impression was very good. The grounds are beautiful and gardens are well kept. My husband golfs so he was very happy with the clear emphasis on golfing here. As soon as we walked inside it was literally night and day. The lobby and halls were dark and poorly lit. Everything had that smell of an old house whose windows haven't been opened in 20 years.
When we arrived in our room you were hit like a brick wall with the musty smell. You also can't help but notice the peeling plaster and wallpaper, the mold on the sink and tub, and old window and shower curtains. We managed to alleviate the smell by jacking up the AC and opening the windows at the same time. Oh well.
After checkin we walked around the resort. The pool area is pretty nice. There is a big pool and plenty of seating (but an obvious lack of umbrellas-only about 5 for about 100ish chairs). We managed to find almost everything but the spa. we had massages booked, so we wanted to see where it was. Turns out you have to actually drive there-it isn't on the resort property just kind of next door.
After touring the property I decided I didn't want to waste our money eating at the restaurants which I didn't think could possibly be good, so we made reservations elsewhere.
During the week they were building some sot of paved walkway right outside of our window(we were on the first floor). So that noise was super fun, especially since we had to leave the windows open because of the smell. We eventually bought a scented candle.
This hotel might be good for those wanting to golf here, or those wanting to go to AC but not actually stay in a casino. It is about 15 minutes to AC, we went there every night for dinner, we're not gamblers so that worked for us.
Overall I would not stay at this hotel again, if my husband wanted to golf here, I'd stay somewhere else close by.

2 Thank srg106
We are very sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience during your stay with us. Seaview continues to enhance our products and services to ensure a memorable experience for all of our guests. We have reviewed your feedback in detail with our team and will ensure that proper procedures and training is in place to avoid such incident in the future. We truly hope to have an opportunity to provide you a better experience during your next visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Galloway
Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa
The Flanders Hotel
The Flanders Hotel
#3 of 32 in Ocean City
4.0 of 5 stars 472 reviews

Been to Dolce Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!