“Charming resort outside of Atlantic City” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dolce Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club

Dolce Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Galloway
Galloway
“Charming resort outside of Atlantic City”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

The Seaview has a rich history and is a picturesque resort. The staff is welcoming and friendly, the food is good, and the accommodations are comfortable. The conference services were excellent. I will return.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Danielle S, Front Office Manager at Dolce Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
We are pleased to hear about your experience. Thank you for noticing our efforts in striving for greater quality. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future and very much appreciate your patronage.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Though the hotel is showing its age, with both indoor and outdoor pools, and an off-the-boardwalk location, some may find the Seaview a desirable location. I've stayed here several times and there always seems to be an issue, or a disappointment, each time.

From the outside, it looks impressive. You drive up to a beautiful, grand hotel, with a long circular driveway and old trees and giant chandeliers peeking through the big bay windows. You walk into a warmly lit, cozy lobby with lots of big tufted leather chairs. It is almost like an old-world fairy tale. Then you check in and open the door to your room.

On one occasion when we have stayed at the Seaview, I was making a reservation for my husband's birthday weekend, and I specifically asked for a king size bed. I was told it wouldn't be a problem since it was weeks in advance. Upon opening the door to your room, you immediately notice that everything is dated....half headboards nailed to the wall, scratchy towels, rusty closet door. The bigger issue: I opened the door and there were 2 doubles (not queens.) I called down to the front desk immediately. Sorry...no king size beds left. I explained that I requested one weeks ago and was told it would be no problem. She explained that since it was so late in the day, she had nothing left...we checked in at 4:20 and their literature clearly states that check-in time is 4, so I wasn't thrilled with the "so late in the day" excuse. She did offer a hospitality room on the 1st floor with a king size Murphy bed. Ummm, no. You really think that a romantic, relaxing weekend includes a Murphy bed? So she offered to comp our breakfast. She told me to pick up a voucher at the front desk. I went down. I was told the voucher would be available the next morning. The next morning I went down to the front desk and asked for the voucher. The attendant said she had no idea what I was talking about because they never give out vouchers for comped meals. She tossed some papers around, and what do you know, there is a big stack of envelopes with vouchers inside them and a room number written in the corner. There was my voucher that they never give out. We went to breakfast and presented the voucher to the waitress. After we ate, she asked if we would be putting the bill on our room tab. I politely reminded her about the voucher, of which she had absolutely no recollection. We dropped a tip and left. So disappointing. Based on the exterior, I expected something more elegant, with more accommodating staff.

A couple of weeks ago, I decided to give the Seaview another try and wanted to book a reservation for a mid-week, summer stay. I ran into some pricing issues on their website. So I picked up the phone and called both central reservations and the hotel directly. After being tossed around from person to person and being put on hold for a half hour, the front desk attendant said she had a huge line of people waiting and couldn't keep trying to find someone to help me. She gave me the email address of someone else at the hotel. So I sent a very detailed email, including screen shots of their website. The recipient emailed me back six days later saying that she didn't respond to my email because she had already forwarded it to the front office manager. I responded that I hadn't yet heard from him. That was 9 days ago and snobody has yet to contact me.

I really wish the Seaview had stronger communication and customer service skills. I'm really on the fence as to whether or not I will try again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
We are very sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction. Clearly we had a breakdown in communication among our staff, causing interruption in your stay for which we sincerely apologize. I have reviewed your feedback in detail with our team and will ensure that proper procedures and training is in place to avoid such incident in the future. We truly hope to have an opportunity to provide you a better experience during your next visit.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

Was here for 6 nights at a conference recently. Came in and was able to see the LPGA tournament on a guest pass. Great event and the resort did a pretty good job juggling the huge crowds and still providing attentive service to us as attendees at the conference on site. It's a classic old golf resort. Great common areas and dining room. Reminded me a lot of Pinehurst.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
We are pleased to hear about your experience. Thank you for noticing our efforts in striving for greater quality. Next year’s tournament will fall into the same weekend and we’ll make an extra effort to inform our guests of what they can expect. We look forward to seeing you again the near future and very much appreciate your patronage.
Manalapan, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

This is a great hotel to get away to for along weekend. Rooms are very clean and have comfy beds, dining is great, bars are lively and fun. Having tennis courts and a spa make it so you dont ever have to leave the resort but if you do, it's close to beaches and Atlantic City.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are very happy to hear about your experience and look forward to having you back on a leisure trip.
Just Outside NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Just returned from 3 days/2 nights at Stockton Seaview with the annual convention of the Women's Bar Association of State of New York. I've been to many conventions, and enjoyed this site more than usual. Guest rooms were spacious, well-equipped and spotlessly cleaned. The inclusion of the micro-fridge is appreciated; as was the iron and board. My only complaint (really more of a suggestion) was the lack of an in-room safe.
Food is a different issue. We enjoyed a wonderful luncheon on my first afternoon there, but the two banquet dinners were less than stellar. We realize that the food selection is made by the booking committee, and that they had to work within a price point; but Friday's dinner was memorable only for some delicious ravioli that was the appetizer course...the chicken entree was inedible. And the pairing on Saturday of fried sea bass and fried shrimp (with no other option offered, unless request was made) was somewhat insensitive to both allergy sufferers and those trying to avoid that type of food. Had to make other arrangments for actual dinner food both nights.
Having said that, the spa was lovely, the pool delightful, and the conference facilities everything we hoped they would be. I would come back to the Seaview again--hopefully, with a different catering plan!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for your kind words and constructive feedback as it helps us grow on a regular basis. We will continue to focus on adding value to your experience through enhancement of our service standards.
Channel Islands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Stayed here while participating in a golf tournament over the Memorial weekend, everything went well including the hotel marking a special anniversary in a very nice way which was appreciated.

Yes this hotel is not the newest kid on the block, but still clean and more importantly for us very welcoming.

Special mentions to Pamela in the lobby bar and Brian for running us into Atlantic City (about 15 mins away) from the front desk. Great service and a sharp contrast to some of the experiences we had later in the week down in Florida.

Room Tip: hotel is big, so depends on what you want nearest access to in requesting a room.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank GreenMuggers
Danielle S, Front Office Manager at Dolce Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Cinnaminson, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Sadly, chose the LPGA event weekend to stay @ Seaview, so hotel checkin traffic was held up by LPGA traffic; eventually got in.

Had requested a special room, which is not guaranteed, so had to wait two hours for
room to be readied. Understand, but why not make it a priority when I give early notice that
room is wanted esp as we are returning guests.

Main dining room is as gracious and special as those at The Homestead in VA and Hershey
Hotel in PA; why is it closed for dinner on Sunday night when NO EVENT, WEDDING, MEETING or anything else is using it?

As a result, had to eat in the Grille which is noisy, crowded and long wait. Yet, meal was very good. Aside, hostess made us wait for a table for 2 when two 4-seat tables were open. REASON GIVEN: need to save 4-seaters for later guests. So, we waited, got the 2-seater, AND right after we sat, hostess put 2 people only at each 4-seat table. You cannot make this stuff up.

Finally, noise from 1st floor men's room carried up stairwell right to our room; told valets, front desk, and others that it was annoying and disturbed us in room. Engineering never fixed it while we were there.

Room Tip: Select a room with a view of Reed's Bay, e.g. 302 - 3xx.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
We are very sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience during your stay with us. Next year’s tournament will fall into the same weekend and we’ll make an extra effort to inform our guests of what they can expect. We look forward to seeing you again the near future and very much appreciate your patronage. I have also reviewed your feedback in detail with our restaurant manager and we’ve implemented steps to ensure this won’t happen again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Galloway
Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa
The Flanders Hotel
The Flanders Hotel
#2 of 32 in Ocean City
4.0 of 5 stars 458 reviews

Been to Dolce Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!