As with a few other reviews, my family stayed here during a seminar held at the property.
I don't have any personal experience with the contracting or business dealings regarding our "conference" for lack of a better term, so I will not speak to that. ( Though, one could surmise that since our group and it's few hundred attendee's go back each year, the business end of it must be top notch. )
From the standpoint of a participant I will say they treated our group exceedingly well. The staff is always around and everyone I came in contact was professional, courteous and set this hotel apart from others I have stayed in recently.
The only negatives that I can come up with for our 4 night stay were quite minor.
1. One of our room keys wasn't programmed correctly ( though once remedied, we had no problem with them again unlike some other key card hotels )
2. The lunch buffet was a bit light on choice and the burgers that I had were dry. The others in my party for that lunch all felt the same way and we all chose to go off property for lunch the following days.
3. The lunch buffet had a 20% "gratuity" automatically tacked on. I am not adverse to tipping @ 20%. But I am against a tip being automatically added to a bill. But a 20% tip should be reserved for a pretty high level of service. Being seated, having a plate cleaned off the table and having to go get our coffee while other tables were having it brought ( as well as juice ), 20% ( or $7.20 ) is not an appropriate tip for a buffet.
Now, the good points.
The rooms were a comfortable size and clean.
The breakfast buffet was very good each morning.
The dinner buffet a highlight of each day with good choices and solid service. I believe this was considered a catered event so judge this how you may... it was excellent.
The entire grounds were very clean and well maintained. Both pool areas were well kept and being this was summer the indoor pool was rarely used, it is directly connected to s shower area, which was nice to have.
The outdoor pool and hot tub were utilized quite a lot and while they ran out of towels at times later into the evening, they did bring more out fairly quickly when informed of this.
The hot-tub has a lot of jets... having been there for an martial arts seminar, this was quite welcome. I was recently at another hotel that had a gigantic hot tub, but the jets were sparse and weak... not so at Seaview.
There is a fairly large "family center" with 2 pool tables, ping pong, air hockey and a tv. It really has the feel of a converted basement, in many ways it is.... Some might see this room as having a bunch of problems. One pool table was missing a ball, the air hockey is not level, the ping pong paddles are a bit chewed up etc.... but I personally enjoyed it, because it felt comfortable and inviting, the chairs and sofa were quite comfortable as well and it certainly became a place where some of the younger vacationers would camp out and use their computers... it actually felt like basement game rooms that I grew up with in friends houses. These things were all easily overlooked. I saw a bunch of families down there having a good time as did ours... a lot of laughing and smiles... and that is what really matters. These aren't pool tables and air hockey that you have to continuously feed quarters into which is another huge plus.
Parking is ample, you can have it valet parked... but the lot isn't far at all.
The shop has plenty of snacks and other items you might need during your stay.
The outdoor pool and hot tub has an official closing time but no one said anything about it as far as I know, but I would assume that would change if the people using them became loud and they are within the courtyard surrounded by wings of guest rooms, mine being among them and we had our windows open all night... we didn't notice any noise coming from the pool area.
There is a gym which was well equipped and clean... all the machines appeared to be working well. I'm not a gym rat, but used it a few times and found it to be everything that I could expect. Locker rooms and showers are just down the hall and are large and well stocked.
Check out was a bit of a mess, but I cannot really blame the hotel staff for that, because we had quite a lot of people all trying to leave the same day and more or less within an hour or so of each other. It was jammed up for a little while, but you might want to just keep that in your own mind if you are staying with or at the same time as a conference or other large group... If you can check out earlier in the morning before the rush, it would benefit you.
The area surrounding the hotel seems a little run down. There are a few places to eat within a 5 minute drive... but nothing I found at least was worth recommending, outside of a single cafe about a mile or so north on the same side of the road. I apologize that I cannot remember the name of it, but there isn't much up there so it's hard to miss... it is right next door to a gas station.
Atlantic City as well as beaches are around 15 minutes by car. I don't believe anything is within walking distance outside of a pub almost directly across the street ( though I don't know anyone that went to it ) and a chiropractor.
Edwin Forsythe nature preserve is a short ride (5 minutes ) up the road and was well worth the trip... I suggest that anyone that likes nature take a little time out of their stay and get up there... during a migratory season I imagine it to be exceptional... as it was, it was a terrific visit.
I look forward to our seminar next year not only because of our event but in part because we enjoyed our stay at the Seaview. If I had reason to be in the area in the future, I would likely choose to stay here over anywhere else in the area including the hotels in Atlantic City.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone and Cancelon so you can book your Dolce Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seaview, a Dolce Hotel Galloway
- Seaview a Dolce Resort
- Marriott Galloway Township
- Galloway Township Marriott