Dolce Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club
$46
$89
TripAdvisor
2,754 results
All reviewssea viewatlantic citymain dining roomlobby barbreakfast buffetred door spaoutdoor poolhotel is beautifulself parkingweddinglpgatennisstocktonmarriottvaletconferenceac
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 18, 2013

The facilities are very nice, the staff is friendly, the rooms are good, so why are they pinching pennies on the amenities? Only one coffee for a room with two people, no tea, only one bar of soap and only one hand lotion. I do like the environmentally friendly shampoo dispenser in the shower. And what do you get for the $25 per person resort fee? Nothing. You can play golf, you can go to the expensive spa, but they offer absolutely nothing else.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank efd
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

One of the few NJ resorts that offer indoor/outdoor pool game room basketball court 2 golf courses.You never have to leave all while being 20 min drive from AC,LBI and Ocean City beaches.It would be criminal to have your children stay in Atlantic City with this so close and offering so much.

• Stayed: August 2013
Guest_Services_7688, Guest Relations Manager at Dolce Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are very happy to hear about your experience and look forward to having you and your family back for another trip.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

This gracious, old-school resort is a lovely place for a relaxing get-away. Vacationers should understand that it is not located on or within walking distance of a beach. It is a short drive to the beaches of Atlantic City and less than an hour from Cape May. It is primarily known for its beautiful golf course, and the names of famous golfers rim the walls of the lobby. I have visited the resort four times and have found the staff to be knowledgable, gracious and well-trained. In places the hotel shows its age but that is part of the charm. The indoor pool is well-maintained and the outdoor pool is ringed by plenty of lounge chairs. There is also a pool bar available for drinks and snacks as well as an outdoor hot tub. A work out facility is available for exercising indoors. It is not large but has what you need to keep your routine going if you're into that - treadmills, ellipticals, weights etc. They also have a game room with two pool tables, air hockey, ping-pong and a card table. Along with a more formal dining room there is also a pub, both of which turn out some excellent meals.
Ask for a room with a view as the ones which face the street can be a little depressing. This is a very charming, low-key place to relax and take it easy while not being too far from shopping in Smithville, the casinos of Atlantic City and some of the nicest beaches in NJ.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the pool or ocean.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank irishgirl321
Guest_Services_7688, Guest Relations Manager at Dolce Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Thank you for sharing your comments and more importantly for being a loyal guest. I am very pleased to hear that you had yet another great stay with us. We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

When I booked this online, I thought I was booking my reservation at the Marriott Vacation Club, which I had been to before. After sadly realizing my mistake, I got back in my car(three kids in tow), sadly clutching their activities brochure. My spirits brightened when I arrived at this resort. I was met by an attentive staff in am impressive lobby. I loved the idea of the suite I had booked, and was excited about the amenities, which include an indoor and outdoor pool. Before even seeing the room, I asked about availability for the next night, in case we decided to stay. Surprised that there was a vacancy on a Friday, I reserved two rooms in case my husband decided to come join us. At first sight , the room looked attractive, though a little out-dated(ie. popcorn ceilings). On closer examination, it was a bit shabby, with chipped fixtures in the bathroom. We needed to use the pullout sofabed, and the horror of it prompted my review. The bedding felt damp to the touch. Not overly, but the mildewed odor instantly ivoked flashbacks of our nasty mildewed tent from family camping trips as a teen(the tent had been improperly stored and didn't reach it's full reek potential till then). So I guess I didn't get such a great deal after all. At this point, I didn't want to extend the trip, so I wanted to cancel the reservation for the next night. I was told by the manager at the front desk that o could do so until 11p, when her shift ended. At about nine, the man behind the desk said I could not do that.Finally, he called the manager who I had spoken to and she let us cancel the one room. So I guess we're here one more night(sans husband). Tomorrow there will be two full beds, and hopefully no mildew. Because I shouldn't feel like I'm camping at a resort like this!

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I sincerely regret that some of your experience was less than desirable and I have reviewed this information with our Director of Housekeeping. We welcome all constructive criticism, as it helps us to get better.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stayed one week to see surroundings like Atlantic City, Ocian City and Cape May.
After a day traveling and sightseeing it is a nice and relaxing hotel. Perhaps outdated, but it has its charmes. Quit rooms, non smoking.
Prices at the bar are rather high. Nice pool and hottub to cool down and playing for the kids.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your valuable feedback and noticing the important details of our property. We will continue to enhance our products and services to ensure a memorable experience for our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.