Dolce Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club
Empire Inn(Absecon)
Crest Motel(Absecon)
Superlodge(Absecon)
2,754 results
All reviewssea viewatlantic citymain dining roomlobby barbreakfast buffetred door spaoutdoor poolhotel is beautifulself parkingweddinglpgatennisstocktonmarriottvaletconferenceac
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 26, 2011

Stayed here for a couple of days during Thanksgiving Week. The location is great. Away from the lights & sounds of Atlantic City, but only 10-15 minutes away if you want to go get in the mix of things. The staff was accommodating, especially the restaurant staff.

This facility has been around since the early 1900's and is in the process of updating. Having said that the facility is still very nice. The Lobby is great for hanging out and waiting for friends or family to show up. They have two bars in the lobby area (downside is one night it closed at 11pm). The place has a historic or B&B feel to it. The room we stayed in had a King Bed with comfy sheets, pillows & blankets. The bathroom was big and nice. Needs to be updated, but I believe that is in the plans. Flat screen TV.

It offer's Golf course's steeped in history and overlooking the bay. Red Door Spa on sight, & game room with t.v., pool tables and arcade games. Indoor pool and outdoor pool. Parking is free, but depending on how full the facility is its anywhere from a 2-5 minute walk. However, valet is available.

The food is good there. We did the Thanksgiving buffet and they had a great spread that tasted great. Downside is, its kinda expensive. I got up in the morning and paid $4.00 for average coffee. Nice restaurants close by like Jo Jo's (good Italian) and Romanelli's Garden Cafe (great, affordable breakfast).

Overall, next time I come out there I will stay there again and go into Atlantic City for the crazy.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 19, 2011

I was looking for a for a five-star experience, but it was more like 3.5 stars. First, I was given a room for handicapped, which meant the bathroom was not lovely; I did not request this, and don't know why I was given this kind of room. Second, there were coffee items missing in the morning; disappointing. And third, I was looking forward to experiencing the bar in the lobby. However, it was a cold, windy night, and every time someone entered the lobby from outside, a gust of cold air swept over us at the bar.

That said, the staff were friendly, genuine Jersey people, the food was good in the Grill and in the dining room for breakfast, and the sheets were awesome.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 16, 2011

I'll start out with the good. Beautiful hotel, family staff, clean rooms, very upscale. I myself didn't spend much time there besides sleeping because of the wedding but my husband and kids enjoyed golf, the game room, and the pub. Ok now the bad, reservations suck! I reserved 2 rooms for two night Sept 16th. A week later I was called and told that I could only reserve 2 nights for Saturday, I'd have to wait to book the Friday night rooms until Oct 11th because of rooms blocked for other events being held there. So Oct 11th I called and reserved the other two rooms for friday night. On the way to the hotel we called to make sure everything was all right and to tell them we were running late so they didn't give our rooms away and was told I had no reservations for Friday night. After 20 mins and transfering to hotel desk, then the manager finially got that straightened out and had rooms (hotel had us down for one room friday night instead of two). Food is expensive, especially room service, 14.77 for a pot of coffee! Last because we used a bank card they charge $50 a night per room that is put on hold and then is supposed to be returned (we'll see). That's $200.00 more for a total of over $800.00 for two nights! WOW! Really felt with all the reservation problems I should have been comped something! One room for a night, a pot of coffee?

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 14, 2011

My husband and I found this hotel accidentally after booking a horrible B&B that we ran out of in terror. Unfortunately, a huge convention was in town and every single casino in Atlantic City was booked and this was the closest hotel with an opening. We were SO THRILLED when we got to the hotel; it was very classy/upscale and our room was beautiful and quiet. It was well-priced too.

I would have given "excellent" but things are old/outdated in many places (like the game room), certain things didn't work in the room, the weather report was days old, and the food options were ridiculously expensive ($38 for brunch? Serioulsy? haha!) We were really happy here and we absolutely don't play golf, by the way. We would absolutely consider coming back; it was only a 10 minute drive to Atlantic City and parking is absolutely free if you don't use the valet. I was sad to leave.

Staff members were pleasant and helpful and didn't bother us once.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CelticCail
Reviewed November 13, 2011

My wife and I spent a getaway weekend at The Seaview. The hotel is a classic victorian resort steeped in history. It bears a striking resemblance to The Greenbrier in West VA, the paradigm of luxury resorts in the eastern US. With proper management, it could rival the GB in many ways. The proximity to Atlantic City is a huge plus. The staff were very accomodating and pleasant. The rooms were clean and spacious enough. The amenities (soaps, shampoo,etc...) were very weak.The Red Door Spa provided the best massage (Hot Stone) that I have ever had. The biggest disappointment was the golf course.The Bay Course is a classic Donald Ross design that should be a great day on the links but it was totally mismanaged, worrisome since it is a perennial complaint.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the bay and the golf course.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple