“Family Wedding Weekend”

Dolce Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Galloway
Reviewed November 16, 2011

I'll start out with the good. Beautiful hotel, family staff, clean rooms, very upscale. I myself didn't spend much time there besides sleeping because of the wedding but my husband and kids enjoyed golf, the game room, and the pub. Ok now the bad, reservations suck! I reserved 2 rooms for two night Sept 16th. A week later I was called and told that I could only reserve 2 nights for Saturday, I'd have to wait to book the Friday night rooms until Oct 11th because of rooms blocked for other events being held there. So Oct 11th I called and reserved the other two rooms for friday night. On the way to the hotel we called to make sure everything was all right and to tell them we were running late so they didn't give our rooms away and was told I had no reservations for Friday night. After 20 mins and transfering to hotel desk, then the manager finially got that straightened out and had rooms (hotel had us down for one room friday night instead of two). Food is expensive, especially room service, 14.77 for a pot of coffee! Last because we used a bank card they charge $50 a night per room that is put on hold and then is supposed to be returned (we'll see). That's $200.00 more for a total of over $800.00 for two nights! WOW! Really felt with all the reservation problems I should have been comped something! One room for a night, a pot of coffee?

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Dolce Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club

Reviewed November 14, 2011

My husband and I found this hotel accidentally after booking a horrible B&B that we ran out of in terror. Unfortunately, a huge convention was in town and every single casino in Atlantic City was booked and this was the closest hotel with an opening. We were SO THRILLED when we got to the hotel; it was very classy/upscale and our room was beautiful and quiet. It was well-priced too.

I would have given "excellent" but things are old/outdated in many places (like the game room), certain things didn't work in the room, the weather report was days old, and the food options were ridiculously expensive ($38 for brunch? Serioulsy? haha!) We were really happy here and we absolutely don't play golf, by the way. We would absolutely consider coming back; it was only a 10 minute drive to Atlantic City and parking is absolutely free if you don't use the valet. I was sad to leave.

Staff members were pleasant and helpful and didn't bother us once.

1  Thank CelticCail
Reviewed November 13, 2011

My wife and I spent a getaway weekend at The Seaview. The hotel is a classic victorian resort steeped in history. It bears a striking resemblance to The Greenbrier in West VA, the paradigm of luxury resorts in the eastern US. With proper management, it could rival the GB in many ways. The proximity to Atlantic City is a huge plus. The staff were very accomodating and pleasant. The rooms were clean and spacious enough. The amenities (soaps, shampoo,etc...) were very weak.The Red Door Spa provided the best massage (Hot Stone) that I have ever had. The biggest disappointment was the golf course.The Bay Course is a classic Donald Ross design that should be a great day on the links but it was totally mismanaged, worrisome since it is a perennial complaint.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the bay and the golf course.
Reviewed November 13, 2011

I spent two nights at Seaview in mid-November. This hotel is somewhat off the beaten track, tucked away in a small town on a beautiful bay. Atlantic City is about 15 minutes away. The property itself is old school. This reminds me of properties like The Palace in San Francisco or The Breakers in Sandusky Ohio. It is old BUT it is well preserved. The place is huge so when getting a room, if you arent up to walking, ask for a room near the lobby. The rooms are clean and nicely furnished. The bathroom is large. The bed was really, really comfortable. One drawback is that other guests are pretty loud in the hallways and the walls are VERY thin. When I was there a conference was in town and a wedding so there was a lot of drinking. I didn't eat or drink in the dining rooms but they looked like they were beautiful and utilized by the guests. Most of the personnel were really really great. The guy who works night checked me in after a very difficult travel day and he was so welcoming and helpful. After him, the next two days I came across other employees that were also incredible. The only rude person was the younger person who worked in the gift shop where I got my coffee....probably doesn't belong in the hospitality industry. Overall I would say this is a great place to go and relax for a weekend with their property grounds including a golf course on the bay giving an added feature to the hotel. I did not pay for my hotel stay as I was in town for business so I cannot comment on costs/value.

Room Tip: Away from the main lobby area if you are a light sleeper. Close to the lobby if you are a smoker and...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank wanderingtheworld200
Reviewed November 8, 2011

The Seaview Resort is absolutely terrific. A ten minute drive from all of the action in Atlantic City, but it feels much further away in comfort and peaceful enjoyment.

We checked in on a cool ,Friday, November night and after valet parking the car, we checked in to a very clean and updated, comfortable room. We went downstairs to sit in big club chairs to enjoy a glass of wine in the beautiful lobby, a welcome break after flying into Philadelphia from Chicago earlier in the day.

A less than 15 minute drive to the Borgata for a little night life, and back to the peace and quiet of the Seaview really was the way to go.

We absolutely plan to return to the Seaview in the warmer weather, when we can take advantage of the pool and the golf course. It really was very nice.

Reviewed October 18, 2011

My boyfriend and I just wanted a relaxing weekend away from the city that was easy to get to. I found this place on line and they were offering a fall discount that looked good so we decided to give it a try. We intended to go to AC in the evenings but ended up enjoying the relaxing time so much we never left the town. He golfed and I spent lots of time at the red door spa. There are also some great restaurants within a mile of the resort. The only negative was that the pool was closed and it ended up being a beautiful weekend. I ended up booking a second day at the spa so I could relax at the outdoor pool by the spa which was still open.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Our family attended a wedding in the area and Seaview was our first choice. It lives up to its reputation as a first class facility. Service was very good in all respects. Building is from the era when hotels (this is a former country club) were built to be grand in every way. Golf is an integral part of Seaview's present identity and past history. It is aplace where many major PGa tournaments were played and a place where business and political leaders have always visited. Public areas are very comfortable. Food was great and served in the beautiful circular dining room. Very clean and comfortable througout. We highly recommend this hotel if you want to vacation play golf or visit the Atlantic City area.

Room Tip: Rooms in the front of this very large building face the water and the golf course.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Galloway
Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
Golden Nugget
Golden Nugget
#8 of 49 in Atlantic City
The Claridge - a Radisson Hotel

Been to Dolce Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!