Dolce Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club
$40
Atrium Inn(Galloway)
$85
$56
Country View Inn & Suites(Galloway)
$31
Hotwire.com
$64
TripAdvisor
2,758 results
All reviewssea viewatlantic citymain dining roomlobby barbreakfast buffetred door spaoutdoor poolhotel is beautifulself parkingweddinglpgatennisstocktonmarriottvaletconferenceac
Reviewed July 5, 2011

My boyfriend, friends, and I just stayed at Seaview for two nights over the July 4th weekend for a wedding nearby. The hotel was immensely charming, and I loved the old-world and historic feel to the hotel. However, the Front Desk was a bit disorganized upon our arrival (the poor girl could not for the life of her follow our last name's spelling and therefore took forever to find our reservation..we re-spelled our name for her 5 times) and the hallways and rooms smelled quite musty. The hallways reminded me of "The Shining," haha.

I'm not quite sure the hotel is still at 4-star status--the rooms were smallish and decorated with old furniture, the bathrooms were of 3-star quality (cheap furnishings/tiles), the carpets required desperate washing, and there needs to be a solution for the long long hallways from the hotel lobby to guest rooms.

The rooms were clean, but not pristine enough for me to not inspectfor bed bugs. I saw a medium-sized spider on the ceiling, and I also got a LOT of mosquito bites within the facility.

The lobby bar and restaurant were very cute. The staff was decently friendly, but not over-the-top catering. I found the room rates to be high for the quality of the rooms.

All in all - this is probably the least shady/best hotel in the Galloway and Atlantic City area, so I would stay here again. I can only hope that they will have made some much needed updates to the hotel by my next visit!

Room Tip: Request a 2nd or 3rd floor room w/ pool view
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank PurpleZebra
Reviewed July 3, 2011

I booked the Seaview last minute for a long weekend with my husband and two small children. The hotel looks very nice upon first glance but when we started to look closer, we were not happy with what we saw. The hallway going to our room smelled like wet cat. When we got into our room, everything looked old and a little worn. Our bathroom had someone else's hair on the counter. When we went to the pool it was DISGUSTING!! There were dead bugs everywhere and hair floating in the pool. I had to ask one of the employees to please skim the pool because I couldn't take it anymore. When we went to dinner at the hotel's Bar and Grill, I ordered the goat cheese pizza and there was a hair on it!!!! When we told the waiter, he was extremely ambivalent and asked if I would like to order anything else. When I said no because I lost my appetite he said "oh well". I would not come here ever again. Next door is a sister property called the Marriott vacation villas that looked MUCH MUCH nicer. I would try to book there instead. Seaview is NOT WORTH THE MONEY!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank LoveVaca23
Reviewed June 27, 2011

My boyfriend and I just stayed here for a Wedding. The wedding bus left at 4:30 and they wouldn't let people check in until 4:15. The place creaks and smells like old dust. The bed was horrible and my back and shoulder hurt after sleeping on it. They said it was going to be $159 plus tax for the night. The day of check out I got the bill for $188.84, but now they have charged my credit card $238.84!! We only slept and showered there and I even made the bed before we left so there is no damages. When I tried making reservations it took me a few days to talk to someone to book, and now I am dealing with an over charge!! Also got lost a few times trying to find our way back to the lobby, very large with no signs of directions.

Room Tip: None....OVER Priced!!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ilvitaly
Reviewed June 26, 2011

We always enjoy the Seaview- Have been coming for almost ten years! The level of service has not changed from Marriott to Dolce, and actually the golf is much better run now then before Troon.. We love the breakfast and closeness to A.C. My sons and their wives also love it and we come at least twice a summer--- Keep improving- Could use a few more umbrellas at the Pool- But hey!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2011

Our experience was even worse than that of "totaldisappointment". We arrived at 11 PM on Saturday night to find that our room was "still being prepared". Note we had reserved several weeks prior and we had called at 2PM to advise we would be arriving late. Our reservation clearly stated that we reserved a quite upper floor room. Instead we were given a "take it or leave it" ground floor extremely noisy room that turned out to be a “hospitality suite”. The spartan musty smelling room included a very lumpy murphy bed and a bathroom with a foul smelling order coming from a floor vent and non-working shower. Incredibly the front staff were completely unapologetic!

Room Tip: Do not stay here!!!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple