All reviews whirlpool tub multiple shower heads the garden state parkway atlantic city free breakfast hot breakfast make your own waffles white horse pike minute drive indoor pool business center two queen beds front desk manager coffee maker casino hotels microwave ac
Reviewed November 10, 2009

Stayed at this hotel for one night in August after a comedy show at the Borgata. This hotel is quite close to the Boardwalk and very affordable. Based on other reviews, we decided to try it out and weren't disappointed. The front desk was very friendly and our room was HUGE. The king suite with separate sitting area and kitchenette might be bigger than some studio apartments in the city. Great deal! Also, the bathroom has a jacuzzi/hot tub--which was a nice surprise. Don't miss out on breakfast the next morning because it is actually quite good. Its a bigger spread than most places. For the price, this place is nice.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2009

The Pros: The price is miles less than staying at anything in AC but more expensive than most of discount hotels in the nearby area.
The Queen Bed Suite is a pretty good size for a family of four for one or two nights and is definitely bigger than your average 300-350 square foot hotel room.
The location of being close to AC or OC and the GS Parkway is very nice.

The Cons: Check in was super slow with about a 10-15 minute wait with no one at the FD since it was a slow Wednesday night and only one person was working so they were being asked to do everything.
The whirlpool tub area in the room had mold with a capital 'M". And the fixtures in the bathroom are super cheap and very soon will have to be replaced as I'm sure there will be shower curtains and towel holders crashing in all the bathrooms.
The egg discs at breakfast are probably being sent to Vancouver for the 2010 Olympic Curling Event.

All in all the Country Inn is a mixed bag. The price is right but with that corners are definitely being cut.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2009

Was going to Atlantic City for concerts on Friday and Saturday nights, and didn't want to pay the weekend rates on the boardwalk. For half the price was able to stay here for two nights. As others have stated, it just opened last fall, and still has that "new hotel" smell. My room was huge, with a sitting area, fridge, microwave and sink. Great flat screen TV with a lot more channels than most hotels. It was immaculately clean, and the bed was the most comfortable I've slept on in a long time. I had a hard time getting up each morning. The walls, though, are definitely thin. I could easily hear other guests' voices and televisions. I didn't make it to the continental breakfast so I can't comment on that. The location is not too far off the AC Expressway and right next to the Garden State Parkway. Parking is ample. There's a Wawa conviently located down the street. Otherwise, there's just a bunch of hotels/motels in the immediate area, but it's a straight 20-minute shot to the boardwalk. My only complaint is that my room seemed to have a silverfish problem. I alerted the clerk to this as I was checking out, and he was very polite, saying they would have moved me if I had asked. I wasn't in the room that much to be overly bothered by them, and it wouldn't keep me from staying there again. So that aside, I would have no problem recommending this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed August 8, 2009

I absolutley loved the comfort and value of this hotel! The rooms were a nice size, very well furnished, with a mini kitchen area. The bathroom had a two person jacuzzi and 4 showerheads for your body. There was a sofa, nice office desk and chair, free in-room wifi and big screen tv. The bed was very comfortable, although I found the pillow to be a bit puffy for my taste, but thats ok, considering everthing else was great. The hotel was very neat and clean and the staff was pleasant. I made use of the indoor heated pool and spa (which wasn't boiling hot....that I liked!). I took a look at the gym and there were two treadmills, a bike and a tv. Everything was new and top of the line! The breakfast buffet was excellent with bacon, sausage, eggs, make your own waffles, cereals, breads, coffee, juices, etc! I didn't expect such a banquet! I would stay there again in a heartbeat and definitley plan to the next time I need to go to the area.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank CassieDom
Reviewed July 6, 2009

We were 2 adults + 2 teenagers at this hotel at the end of June. As Atlantic city was overpriced, we have decided to stay there. It's at ± 10 miles to Atlancic city thru a direct highway (# 30 - ± 15 minutes to go to Atlantic city - parking near beach: $5 to $10 per day). We had a large room like a junior suite (2 beds + living room with 1 sofa bed + fridge / microwave) and a large jacuzzi in the bathroom. The room was perfect and large enough for 4 persons. Hotel: a good Country Inn (no frill hotel!) with superior rooms. Pools: nice indoor pool. Breakfast: included, it's a mix of hot items (eggs, sausages, waffles) and the usual continental (toast, muffin, bagels...). At 4 persons it's always nice to have the breakfast included; it save a lot of money!
No restaurant at walking distance except a Dennis; but really not a fun place to walk (hotel is on a large boulevard who is not not walking friendly).
Front desk: know well the area and they were nice.
Best hotel in Absecon area I think; other area hotels were mainly motel style.
In resume: really good for the price I paid!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family