New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Absecon (Atlantic City) Galloway

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Absecon (Atlantic City) Galloway
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Galloway
Baltimore, Maryland
“Spring Break with the Kids - Great time!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

After many searches for a hotel close to NYC and Atlantic CIty, we decided on this hotel and we are glad we did. It had all the amenities we needed and more: free wi-fi, free breakfast, indoor pool, microwave, and fridge. Perfect for a family. It's not a "glamorous" hotel but it was comfortable and clean. The rooms were huge and had a giant whirlpool tub. It was convenient to stores and gas stations and was only a 10 minute ride to Atlantic City. The staff was very accommodating. We will definitely stay there again!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank TravelingFamily52014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

We booked this hotel based on the fact that we had never been less than satisfied with the Country Inns & Suites chain. We booked last-minute, within the non-cancellation period. The next day we started our trip and within 10 minutes of a 90 minute trip the transmission broke on our car. Our travel plans for the day were done. We immediately called the Country Inns & Suites national number and explained our plight and requested a room credit to be used for another night. We were told that it is the decision of the local manager as to whether to grant a credit or impose a no-show penalty. We called the hotel and spoke to the desk clerk who told us to call back on Monday. We did and ran into a brick wall. The manager of the property in Galloway was non-bending and issued no credit AND imposed a no-show credit. He said it had to do with equity for all guests. A broken transmission that cost a lot to fix is a darn good reason not to show up. We gave the hotel plenty of warning and the room could have been rented to others for the evening (We called before noon). This is the last time we will ever consider using this hotel.

Room Tip: Stay away.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Phillies 1
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Romantic weekend getaway. Was hesitant to book a motel on rt 30 in Absecon (I am familiar with the area) but a clean Atlantic City room was not in our budget. The pictures online looked nice, and reviews were favorable so we booked.

Kamal, the manager was charming and very polite when we checked in. Was quite polite when we had to call to figure out how to adjust the thermostat in the room. I'm wondering how much sleep this guy gets; he checked us in early evening, was at the desk when we ruturned well after midnight, and still at the desk (in the same suit) the following morning (he did get relief the next day, but was back on the desk, in a fresh suit, late the second night).

We had a whirlpool suite. Room was clean, bed was confortable, and it had an ENORMOUS whirlpool tub right in the bedroom area (perfect for a romantic getaway... heck, perfect for filming an adult movie). Kitchenette with a full size refrigerator, microwave, 2 burner stove top, and a dishwasher, but oddly enough no dishes.

Larger than average free breakfast (Waffle iron, bagles, sweet rolls, muffins, cereal,fresh fruit, even scrambled eggs, sauasge and potatoes). Coffee and cookies in lobby 24 hours.

Will return!

Room Tip: The King Kitchenette Whirpool suites are tucked away in the corner of each floor. Very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

We just got back from a quick overnight from Atlantic City. What made it enjoyable was staying at The Country Inn. Kamal and his staff were top notch, the room (studio) was awesome, the indoor pool and whirlpool (wow!) were great and the breakfast before we left this morning was a wonderful way to end our stay here. What's also nice about staying here is the distance it is from the Boardwalk and all the craziness (about 6 miles away). I do want to thank Kamal again in finding where Smithville was!! Thanks, and we will definitely be back!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Jarrell, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

I should begin by saying that we love Country Inn & Suites -- we have stayed in them across the country and trust the brand. Enough so that when we decided to head to the shore for our tenth anniversary, we decided to stay at this one.

But the problems began that night and continued till the morning. Problems with the showers (which have been noted by previous reviewers), clumps of hair in the shower that belonged neither to me nor my wife, a cigarette burn in the bed sheet, a shoe print on its replacement... This is not what we were expecting.

And yet it got worse. My wife went upstairs to finish packing our things, while I stopped at the front desk to speak with someone about our experience. Oh boy. The clerk raised his voice with me, and said that the night clerk had offered me a new room. This was simply not true. He then made me wait while he got the night clerk, who then proceeded to yell and curse at me.

But it gets worse yet. When I told them that I would just leave and call the corporate office later, they dialed 911. But they said if I went ahead and left the hotel, they would tell the police it was just a misunderstanding.

My wife and I decided to stay until the police arrived, and we are glad we did. After I gave my statement, one of the officers went into the back office to speak with and I clerk, but apparently verified my account. (Because we didn't leave?) The officers then told us that this is a tactic employed not infrequently in the past by this hotel when a customer has a problem. They advised me to contact the corporate office, and to post reviews online regarding our experience.

In seeking to redress this situation, Country Inn & Suites first asks the hotel to make things right with the customer. After a complaint is filed, the hotel has 36 hours to respond. In this case, the hotel declined to respond to me. To their credit, the corporate office has taken steps to compensate us for this disastrous experience.

I have read enough reviews here to know that the hotel often responds on this site to criticism, and it is likely that they will post in response to my review. In evaluating my review, please read some of my other posts and draw your own conclusion about the kind of reviewer I am. And please stay away from this hotel.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank mdiv2001
RayCountryInn, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Absecon (Atlantic City) Galloway, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed apologize with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

At night you stayed our hotel & shared your experience, then our front desk person offered you to move a clean room but you declined the offer. Then our employee gave you clean bed sheet & explain you how to work whirlpool Jacuzzi.

Though we appreciate your feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations.

Best Regards,

Syed Amin
Front Office Manager
Country Inn & Suites
Absecon, NJ
Middletown, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Great experience at this hotel. The staff was very helpful and honored our group AAA rate. We 7 families and each was pleasantly surprised with the space in each room, especially the bathroom. Each had an extra large whirlpool tub. The one negative was that they were chlorinating the pool the night we were there so the children couldn't swim. Plenty to do around the area; Atlantic City, restaurants, the beach.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Palmer, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I was actually planning to stay elsewhere but chose this hotel due to the indoor heated pool which was how my daughter and I planned to spend the afternoon. When reserving the hotel I specifically asked for a crib in the room.

Upon checking in the front desk clerk informed me the hotel does not own and never had cribs available. I asked for a manager and was told they didn't come in. I asked if they would waive the cancellation fee so I would stay elsewhere but was told only the manager (who I wasn't allowed to call) could authorize this. I had no choice but to continue with check-in. I asked about the pool and whether it's heated but the clerk told me the pool was "cold".

The room was comfortable and the room along with public spaces in the hotel was clean. For a Saturday night they appeared to be understaffed - while sitting in the lobby I noted guests waiting 10-15 minutes to check-in as the clerk was addressing room maintenance issues.

There was no information in the room or on their web site regarding a shuttle to casinos but I did see a bus come twice in the evening. No one used the service perhaps because it's unadvertised.

The next morning I asked if I could speak to the manager and the same clerk again told me that he never came in. I noted that the booklet in the room specified cribs are an amenity of the hotel and he got a 'blank look' on his face and said nothing. I again requested a manager call me and was promised a call on Monday.

Breakfast was adequate but the eggs did not look 'fresh' and a high chair was not available for my daughter.

The manager only called me a week later after I complained to Corporate. He agreed the pool was 'cold' (but no one at Corporate could tell me if franchisees need to keep the water at a minimum temperature to call the pool 'heated') but assured me the hotel owns 2 cribs. He said the front desk clerk 'miscommunicated' this to me. He offered a weak apology, considering the fact it came only after Corporate contacted him and not earlier. There was no offer to make up my dissatisfaction during a future stay.

Corporate awarded me 1000 points for the inconvenience of not having a crib which is the equivalent of soda/coffee/tea ($1-$2). Enough compensation? I'll leave it up to you to decide.

Bottom line: If you're OK with no heated pool, no crib, no high chair and a potentially long check-in time, this hotel is clean and priced well.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
3 Thank RentalCarGuy
CarlsonRezidor, online customer support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Absecon (Atlantic City) Galloway, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. We apologize that the hotel does not have cribs and high chairs available for people traveling with children.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Galloway
Country Hearth Inn Atlantic City/Galloway
Holiday Inn Express Absecon - Atlantic City Area
BEST WESTERN Garden State Inn
Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlantic City/Egg Harbor Township
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlant...
#1 of 9 in Egg Harbor Township
4.5 of 5 stars 475 reviews
Baymont Inn & Suites Galloway Atlantic City Area

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Absecon (Atlantic City) Galloway? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Absecon (Atlantic City) Galloway

Property: Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Absecon (Atlantic City) Galloway
Address: 100 W White Horse Pike, Galloway, NJ 08205-9435
Location: United States > New Jersey > Jersey Shore > Galloway
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Galloway
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Absecon (Atlantic City) Galloway 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Carlson, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Odigeo, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Absecon (Atlantic City) Galloway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Country Inn And Suites Absecon