“Worst possible customer service.”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Absecon (Atlantic City) Galloway
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Galloway
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
“Worst possible customer service.”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I made a reservation for this hotel and the day I went to check in I was told my reservation was cancelled because I was supposed to be there the night before and I didn't show up. I got it straightened out and stayed there for about a week. When I check out the bill they printed for me was accurate. Days later I looked at my credit card statement and there was a "no show" fee charged to my card for the night they said I was supposed to check in. I called to talk to them about it twice, finally I was told that I would be reimbursed by the manager and it would take several weeks for the refund to appear on my card. 2 months later, still no refund. Just called today to talk to them again, and this time they say they can't refund the charge. Even though it was THEIR mistake that the reservation was made for the wrong day!!! I will be disputing this with my credit card and also will never stay at a Country Inn & Suites again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Nicole P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Congratulations to a REAL HOTEL MANAGER Whose name is DANNY! His staff also deserves a round of applause. Right after Storm Sandy, many residents of the area and some storm restoration personnel were at the hotel. The hotel was completely booked. But yet, there was more than enough food at the free breakfast and the place was very clean. There are only good things to say about this Hotel.
1. The Suite was BIG and CLEAN! The room had a fresh smell.
2. Breakfast was very good.
3. The bed was comfortable.
4. Staff was friendly and kind.
When I come back in the area, I will be sure to stay at this property again.

Room Tip: Go to Goodfellas Restaurant which is down the street from the hotel. Food is great.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Getaway4613
Staten Island
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I enjoyed making two trips to this hotel. Our first trip we stayed in room 114. Our second trip last weekend we stayed on the 3rd floor with a full kitchen. The staff are very accommodating. They can be very busy when calling over the phone to book a room and may seem a bit antsy but they will answer all of your questions and once you meet the men at the front desk upon arrival they are just cool people.

The pool both trips was clean, I was able to swim laps back and forth. The jacuzzi right next to the pool was "very" relaxing. On our second trip, shortly after our free breakfast, taking a dip in the pool and jacuzzi was simply refreshing. Then, off to the casinos and arcades we went!

Our rooms were clean each time. The beds were very comfortable... I slept like a baby each time.

My 7 year old daughter loves this place. My husband can't complain a bit.

The room sizes are "far" from skimpy like other hotels. My daughter, husband and I played Rugby in the hotel room (we had the rugby equipment, just an example of the size room we were in)

This place is not five star because you can walk in wearing jeans and a t-shirt and be "you" but its also not a three star. The fact that the place is clean and the breakfast is very good and the staff are accommodating, and that they have a nice size pool and hot tub, and the rooms are up to date, and the people walking in the place are from different races with out judgement I give it 4 stars<<< I simply can not complain.

If I'm to be nit picky, the cleaning lady forgot to check the cabinet from the previous people staying in our room which was hard Italian bread.

Another thing I find cute about this place are the kids, for breakfast you will see them in their pj's heading to the elevator to the breakfast room going for the scrambled eggs and cereal (including my own). I myself am guilty for getting breakfast in my pink fleece pj's. But hey, that's what makes this place great. lol :)

Last weekend I saw a young hip couple wearing silk robes, one robe said "Bride" the other said "Groom". That was nice to see.

Over all, I do not plan on experimenting the other hotels nearby because I am happy with Country Inn.

SO,Thanks George, Danny and staff! You guys are cool! We'll see you in a few months.

From: Rachel, Ruth and Hajredin

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ThreeMusketeers2010
South Beloit, Illinois, United States
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Hotel is very clean, staff is excellent...would book again? Stayed at hotel down the street was very dirty. So I came to the country inn and they were able to accommodate me. I needed 10 rooms total for 6 weeks and the staff was very nice and made our switch very easy. To say that the rooms were nice was an understatement. The spacious bathrooms along with the jacuzz tubs in all the rooms was great.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Springfield, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Danny takes great care of me each week when I stay for business, through my business we book 3-4 rooms per week for my field tech employee's. Rooms are always ready and super clean!! The Breakfast Bar is a big hit.

I stay 30 to 40 nights per year.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Excellent service, Danny at the front desk treated us like family. Rooms were super clean. Hot breakfast. Large indoor pool and spa. Only 6 miles from Atlantic City. All rooms have a whirlpool tub and a pull out sofa.

Room Tip: All rooms are studio suites
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My wife and I stayed here with a group of others attending a wedding at the Renaoult Winery. This is a nice-looking hotel on the outside, but that's about the end of the good news. I arrived late afternoon, and it took a ring of the bell on the counter and a 3-4 minutes wait to get any service. Upon arriving in the room, we discovered multiple burn marks in the carpet and on the bedspread (in our "non-smoking" room!). Why wouldn't they at least replace the bedspread?! The whirlpool bath is a nice touch, but the disgusting rusty water that comes out of the faucet precluded actually using it. On the plus side, the room was uncommonly spacious. The complementary breakfast buffet was like most of them... a case of getting what you pay for.

I also got involved trying to help one of the other members of our family group in the hotel. The toilet in their room which started out looking quite dirty, got clogged and overflowed. We contacted the front desk and spoke to the "English-as-a-second-language" clerk. He told us (as best we could understand) that they had no one in maintenance and that he couldn't leave the front desk to come help. I went to the front counter to get a plunger and it took 15 minutes until he got off the phone and so much as acknowledged me. After I unclogged the toilet, it took another 10 minutes at the front desk to get some towels to clean up the mess all over the bathroom floor. To their credit, however, the manager on duty the next morning did issue a substantial credit due to the problems.

Room Tip: Add a tip to help travelers choose a good room??? Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Galloway
Holiday Inn Express Absecon - Atlantic City Area
Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North
Country Hearth Inn Atlantic City/Galloway
Best Western Garden State Inn
Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel
Baymont Inn & Suites Galloway Atlantic City Area

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Absecon (Atlantic City) Galloway? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Absecon (Atlantic City) Galloway

Property: Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Absecon (Atlantic City) Galloway
Address: 100 W White Horse Pike, Galloway, NJ 08205-9435
Location: United States > New Jersey > Jersey Shore > Galloway
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Galloway
Hotel Class:3 star — Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Absecon (Atlantic City) Galloway 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Carlson, Hotwire, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Absecon (Atlantic City) Galloway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Country Inn & Suites Absecon Hotel Absecon