All reviewswhirlpool tubmultiple shower headsthe garden state parkwayatlantic cityfree breakfasthot breakfastmake your own waffleswhite horse pikeminute driveindoor poolbusiness centertwo queen bedsfront desk managercoffee makercasino hotelsmicrowaveac
Reviewed May 31, 2012

We have stayed in at least 10 other Country Inn & Suites because we have found that on average it is a great affordable stop for a family of four with two young children. Much like the Holiday Inn was years ago, we have found that now Country Inn & Suites is very predictable/affordable in the areas of being a clean safe stop (with exception for the location in Greenfield Indiana which is way below average) with acceptable room sizes, nice staff, and good breakfast. With that being said, what you will find at this Absecon location is a great facility with about as large of room and bathroom facilities as you will find. The area around the hotel is a bit older and a little run down but the facility itself is newer (I'd guess 2011 maybe even 2012) and above average for even Country Inn & Suites. The only draw back to the location is the management. They aren't completely organized. Little things like not offering auto or early check-out so you are ready to leave but instead have to wait for them to finalize and print your receipt. And the biggest problem; they try to cut costs by offering the worst breakfast I've ever had at a Country Inn & Suites. Things like watering down the waffle batter (big no-no and actually gross and after asking them to fix it they said they would try something different the next day but of course I won't be there the next day), large community containers of milk and syrup instead of individual sizes, no fresh fruit as well as other various items not offered like biscuits and gravy or oatmeal that are usually offered at Country Inn & Suites. Overall these things aren't deal breakers for my family because it is a nice facility, but maybe if I had known that management would be a little disorganized and the breakfast would be below par my expectations would be better placed and my entire experience would be better.

Room Tip: Don't know for sure, but the highway is visible from the west side of the property so possibly asking for a room on the east side. However, parking is on the west side of the building so you can't see your car if you do that. There is also only one elevator so during busy times that could be an issue.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Andrew A
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We were in AC for a weekend, At first we stayed at Harrah's for a couple days then stayed here for our last night.
We went in with the mindset that it would be a downgrade, but we were pleasantly surprised!
The hotel and the rooms were very clean, the rooms were spacious, the service was great, and it was absolutely not a downgrade!!
I'm always nervous about bathrooms in general, and I must say A+!!
The breakfast was also good!
It was inexpensive, and it was great!! Close enough to AC if you're driving, but they also provide a shuttle.
We would definitely stay here again :-)

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 16, 2012

This is a good choice if you're looking to stay on Route 30, close to Atlantic City. The room was very clean, and the whirlpool tub with all of the extra jets was quite nice. The bed was a little soft for my taste. Cable TV wasn't your typical service, with just a small Comcast adapter and remote. Overall, I think I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2012

If you are looking to stay outside of Atlantic City stay at this hotel. Their rates are good, you don't have to worry about bedbugs, it's in a great location five minutes or more outside of A/C and the hotel is three years old. Brand spanking new!!!

Let me start by saying the hotel is brand new as I have just...nothing is wrong with the property. The location is safe first of all. Parking is adequate. There is an indoor pool, more-so fun for children, but adults can swim also. I stayed in a double queen room with a jacuzzi tub.

The room was seriously spacious and has a sofa, chair, sink and a small but college sized fridge. The bathroom is a good sized and the jacuzzi tub was pretty big and worked very well. The beds were very plush/soft and comfortable. A flat screen tv is in all rooms. You can't go wrong with this hotel. The worse part about this place is the continental breakfast. It's basic like any other...pastry's, fruit, cereal, sausages etc. The orange/apple juice machine was dispensing warm juice (disgusting), the scrambled eggs they supplied were microwaved (hard boiled would have been fine) and tasted nasty as hell. The waffle mix used made the waffles dry as hell. I mean it's only continental breakfast. If you want to skip it, drive down the road a couple of miles to the Phoenix Diner. Overall this hotel is excellent....

Room Tip: There is no view from any room. The hotel is right off of a highway. You are staying at this hotel for it's location only.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary. We were attending the Eric Church concert in AC on March 17, and didn't want to drive home. My mom actually got us the room as an anniversary present. I was a bit worried, after reading some of the reviews on here, but I was pleasantly surprised!

We arrived around 3pm, and check-in was super fast. The manager (Danny) was great - very friendly, gave us directions to our room, and asked if we wanted any information about the area. The fresh baked cookies were amazing!!

The business center always had someone inside. But there was a new computer, high speed Internet, and a printer. The elevator going upstairs had a smell to it. Not sure what it was, perhaps musty? It wasn't overpowering, just strange.

The room was clean and well kept. The bed was BEYOND comfortable (although my husband said a bit too soft for his liking.) It had a super heavy (perhaps down feather) blanket on top, which was very nice. I didn't use the shower, but I was impressed that it had an 8-head shower installed. The jacuzzi was lovely, worked well (minus one jet, which seemed to be clogged.) Overall, for the amenities in the room and quality of the items inside the room, I was very impressed. It only cost $125 and I felt I had better amenities than most casinos.

Breakfast in the morning was okay, for being a free breakfast. I found the danish to be over sweet, and the coffee left a lot to be desired. The bagels were pretty good, and the rest of the food (eggs, bacon, potatoes, cereal, fruit) was equally delicious. My husband made two breakfast sandwiches with eggs, bacon & cheese and he enjoyed them. There is a machine that gives waffle mix, which you can make from the waffle maker. I didn't make any, but other guests were commenting that they were good.

Our room was on the 3rd floor, facing the highway. For those that complained about hearing traffic all night, I must say that you have super sonic hearing. I was directly facing the road, and didn't hear a thing all night long.

Nearby, we found a Wawa (which was great to stop at on our way back from AC) Further up the highway, there's a lot of supermarkets, restaurants and local hangouts. Had we been staying more than one night, I would've checked them out.

All in all, I give it a 4 out of 5 stars. I would definitely recommend to friends (in fact, I just did recommend to one of my friends visiting AC in June) and I plan on staying there again!

Room Tip: We stayed in the jacuzzi suite on the 3rd floor. I was impressed with it, especially for the price!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple