All reviews whirlpool tub multiple shower heads atlantic city the garden state parkway free breakfast make your own waffles minute drive indoor pool business center front desk manager king bed coffee maker casino hotels microwave ac cereal jets
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Hotel was right off the Parkway if you're heading to Atlantic City. But if you're coming from AC, its quite a drive but manageable. Room was spacious and clean. Bathroom was of the right size; multiple showerheads was a pleasant surprise. But the bedroom walls are too thin! You could hear clear conversations from the next room like they were a few steps from you (thus the 3 stars). Free breakfast was okay, didn't touch the pastries as these were obviously Entenmann's from the grocery. Pool seems inviting. Gym size was standard for this type of hotel. It could have been a perfect stay.

Date of stay: July 2011
Reviewed July 17, 2011

We wanted to visit friends in Ocean City for 2 days and found this hotel 20 minutes away. Very clean and friendly and only $62.95 for AAA rate. We would stay again.

Date of stay: July 2011
Reviewed June 22, 2011

Yes, the wall are thin (we could hear people filling their tubs in the next room!). Yes, the concierge working was taciturn at best (but he was also working on New Year's Eve, so I forgive him), but I have to say there are two things that would make us happy to return: the proximity to Atlantic City without the sky high prices, and the look on my husband's face when he saw the gigantic hot tub. Most places tell you a tub is "double", but I don't think they mean double with someone of my husband's height and frame, because we've never been able to make one of those tubs work for him. But this is a true double hot tub: plenty of room for my husband and I to get in with room to spare. It was a great way to ring in New Year's Eve! It was the first sitdown bath he had taken since he was a little kid. In addition, the tub was completely clean, no mildew, not gross looking, definitely looked like it was maintained regularly and well.

No complaints about the bed, which was huge and king-sized and very comfortable, there are appliances like a fridge and a microwave in the room which were convenient to reheat food the next day. We slept through breakfast so no reviews on that, but there was this amazing Mexican restaurants near the strip in AC that did us right. If we ever visit AC again and want a real double jacuzzi, we will stay here for sure.

Room tip: Jacuzzi suite is the one we stayed in!
Date of stay: December 2010
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I did an extensive hotel search leading up to my overnight getaway with my husband to Atlantic City for a concert. I kept coming back to Country Inn & Suites in Absecon due to the location, the price & the lack of negative reviews like I had seen for some other hotels on the same strip. I decided to overlook the few I did see, since you can't please everybody, and I'm glad I did. We had a great experience from check-in to check out. Since I held out until the last minute before making a reservation, and signed up for Club Carlson, their rewards program, I got the studio suite with a king-sized bed, fridge, microwave & whirlpool tub w/5 heads for a heck of a deal! We checked in a little after 3pm, and Danny greeted us with a smile. I don't know who people have dealt with when they've checked in, but I found everyone to be pleasant throughout our stay. The room was very spacious for just the 2 of us, and was immaculate. Our room had a sofabed, which I didn't open up since we didn't have our kids with us, but the couch was clean and comfortable. I especially loved the 5-head shower, where you could use either the overhead unit or the 4 heads coming out from the wall...best shower EVER!! Good water pressure also...I didn't have time to try the whirlpool tub but it looked big enough for 2 people & was clean. My only gripe about the bathroom was there was no washrag and there were only 2 large towels, but I asked for more and got some with no hassle. Good toiletries (Pantene, Vaseline Lotion) but they're small...also no soap so make sure you bring your own or you can ask at the front desk. We did not use either the microwave or the fridge, but they looked like they were in good condition. There was a flat screen TV in the room with plenty of channels via Comcast, which worked fine. The bed was very comfortable, but I was not a fan of the marshmallow-like pillows, which seemed to swallow my head. If you're not a fan of the super-soft pillows, bring your own. My husband had no complaints and said he slept fine with them. Me, not so much, but that's just a personal preference. Also, bring earplugs if you're a light sleeper...the walls are paper-thin, as others have stated in past reviews. We heard our neighbor snoring - no - sawing wood, for quite some time, which made it hard for me to get to sleep. Later I was awakened by some young kids in the hallway, and was about to call the front desk about it, but they didn't stay out there long. Breakfast was decent, the usual hotel fare: egg disks, breakfast potatoes, bacon, make-your-own-waffles, cold cereals, muffins, juice, coffee...everything tasted fine...there is also a Denny's just down the road for those who prefer, but for a free breakfast, I couldn't complain. They have an indoor pool & hot tub, but we didn't use them. They looked nice, though; maybe next time. Overall, I'd say everything was great and would stay there again if we need to stay overnight in that area. Definitely recommend it!

Room tip: become a club carlson member, best rates!
Date of stay: June 2011
1  Thank rockgoddess919
Reviewed March 27, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for one night. The experience was less than great, but not horrible. It is a great location if you're attending an event in Atlantic City and don't want to pay the high prices to stay at the casino hotels. You'll only be a 15-20 minute ride away. Our check-in wasn't bad, however we did witness the end of the interaction between the front dest clerk and the guest checking in ahead of us. The clerk was not helpful at all. Apparently there was a problem with the guest's room and he asked to see a manager. He was told there was no manager on duty and if he wanted to file a complaint to call the 800 number. That was it. No further discussion.

The room was clean and smelled very fresh. The jacuzzi tub in the bathroom was nice. However, the walls are paper thin, as mentioned by several other people. You can hear the television and voices in neighboring rooms, as well as doors opening and closing constantly. Also, the pillows were mushy, flat, and very uncomfortable. I did not get much sleep at all. Breakfast was very basic. Don't go in expecting anything fancy; egg disks, sausage links, diced potatoes, and pre-made waffle mix, along with cereal, bread, coffee and juice. If you're starving, you won't complain. If not, spend a few more dollars and go down the street to an actual restaurant.

Date of stay: March 2011