“Never ever!!!”

Crystal Inn & Suites
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Galloway
Reviewed November 17, 2011

There might not be bed bugs!! But that's the only upside to the hotel! The walls paper thin the sheets had cigarette burns. Mold everywhere... Do not stay here! And no breakfast. Just old coffee. Not to mention how rude the front desk ppl are. My family could not call me at the hotel bc they would not patch them thru due to privacy issues!!

Room Tip: Spend the extra money for quality
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Amanda S

Reviewed November 9, 2011

Why is any one still booking rooms here, the bates motel would be better. We booked the Jacuzzi room for our anniversary, the bathroom had mold every where, the toilet paper was out and the room smelled like and old basement. But the worst was yet to come, when we turned down the bed there was a huge yellow stain on the sheets. We were gonna get our freak on but apparently someone beat us to it. We sked for another room and it was worse, we were told they dont give refunds and were offered a 2 hour late check out and were given a set of clean sheets and had to change the linen ourselves. Why would anyone want to stay an additional 2 hours in Hell. I will never stay here again and I have inform the local board of health about the conditions.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank FRANK H
Reviewed August 10, 2011

The air conditioner was broken. Tv cut on and off. Sink was stopped up. The hotel had an iron for the whole hotel. Service was below standards. Continental breakfast was donuts, danish weak coffee.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank rastagal41
Reviewed August 9, 2011

We booked this hotel on line, looking for a reasonably priced hotel outside of Atlantic City. It must have been a busy week-end, as it was a challenge to find a reasonably priced hotel. This one had fair reviews so we went for it, but all that was left was a 'luxury room' with jacuzzi tub. I'm certain that we were over charged! The hotel staff was rude and unpleasant, when available at all (not much, that is).
The room had an awful smell, and the jacuzzi was so filthy we avoided using it the two nights we stayed. I would have booked a different hotel if we had not already paid in advance.
It would be a real stretch to call this a luxury room. The towels were so rough and uncomfortable, we used our own during the stay. The continental breakfast, was not even available one morning, and the coffee maker was not working the next.
I'd definitely give this one a pass.

Room Tip: don't bother with the 'luxury suite', it is not worth the extra money
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CanCruiser
Reviewed August 9, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel overnight for a shore trip in Ocean City NJ. We were happy to find that the staff was pleasant, check in was easy, and we got more than what we paid for in room quality!

I must admit when looking for a hotel in the Absecon area, bed bugs were my first concern.(You can go to BedBugRegistry.com to see if your hotel of choice has had an outbreak, VERY useful site! Crystal Inn & Suites had no reports!) Upon check in (even before we unloaded our things into the room) I did a thorough sweep to see if there were any bed bugs. (stripping the bed of linens, lifting the mattress focusing on the corners and checking under the headboard, and even in the corners of the room going through everything with a fine toothed comb)
We had NO bed bug problems! :)

Bed was comfy and quiet, no squeaks or creaks. More than enough drawer and storage room, microwave, 4.6 cubic foot refrigerator, flat screen TV with DVD capable plug ins, and even though we had a smoking room when we arrived you could not tell it was a designated smoking room it smelled so clean!

The maids were outside every time we exited the room (check in, going to dinner, back from the beach etc) accommodating guests needs or cleaning rooms with a smile. There is a continental breakfast served every morning, but as we like to sleep late we slept right through it.

The sign outside boasted that this hotel was under new management and you can tell they strive to keep prices down and service/quality up! I booked through Expedia and paid 35$ a night! Almost too good to be true, right? I'm happy to say I was proved wrong!

The only thing I can say they could add to the rooms would be better lighting in the bathroom, an iron and ironing board already in the room (you can get those items if you ask front desk) and some travel size lotion (only because I had a raging sunburn and dry skin from the salty ocean).

Other than that, this hotel is DEFINITELY worth the stay! Happy booking! :)

Room Tip: Lower levels are quiet even when room above you is occupied
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BettieBangUp
Reviewed August 7, 2011

We booked this hotel because we did not need to pay for a highly priced hotel with beach access as we were spending the entire day in Cape May. Based on the reviews I was confident it ws a good deal.

Upon arrival, we were given a somking room despite our specific request for a non-smoking room and the obvious availabilability for such a room as the hotel was basically empty. The clerk declined to give us a non-smoking room because we booked with a discount rate through expedia and that we should no expect a lot more with such a good rate...

We went to the room, it was dirty with bad smell stained carpet and terrible bathroom (look at the picture). The mattress was basically gone... The linen old. The furniture is of poor quality and there was loose cables everywhere. I imagine my 3 years old kid playing with them... So we went downstairs and explained that we were not satisfied and we asked for a refund which was declined. We were instead offered another room and, unsurprisingly, it was more of the same. Then the guy came to show us a third room and we were still horrrified. After a sample of 3 rooms, we finally left this quick nightmare behind us and we left for a happy night in a branded motel nearby at a good fare for a decent room.

Avoid this place by any means it does not meet North american standards of cleanliness. It's hard to understant how they could have such good reviews... Conclusion: they seemed to be biaised.

Room Tip: Avoid- go elsewhere
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Famillytraveller
Reviewed July 31, 2011

My Girlfriend and I read some of the reviews before we booked but we didn't heed the warnings. Our room smelled of smoke, there were daddy long leg insects in the room with small frogs as well which terrified my girlfriend. The smoke detector was missing leaving just wires hanging from the ceiling and the thin walls allowed us to hear our neighbors whole conversations. Also when we arrived the front office was bombared with complaning guests which seemed to over whelm the young man at the desk. Do not stay here, because cheaper is not better.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank dcman0418
Also consider these accommodations in or near Galloway
Garden State Inn
Relax Inn
Relax Inn
#11 of 18 in Galloway
Travelodge Absecon Atlantic City

Been to Crystal Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!