“I Stay Here Every Time I Visit the FAA Tech Center”
Review of Relax Inn

Relax Inn
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Galloway
Sacramento, California
“I Stay Here Every Time I Visit the FAA Tech Center”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I have stayed at this facility six or seven times over the last four years. Every time I have been impressed with the cleanliness of the rooms.

When in the Atlantic City, Egg Harbor, Galloway or Absecon area, I'm always traveling on business. Our company does work for the FAA. So we are usually working with the people at the William J. Hughes Technical Center (WJHTC) in Egg Harbor Township, right at the Atlantic City Airport (ACY).

The Relax Inn is reasonably close to our customer and our Egg Harbor office. On the weekend, Atlantic City is straight down White Horse Pike.

There is easy access to Garden State Parkway. There is a big Wawa gas and grocery three blocks away. There is a nice semi-rural residential area behind the Relax Inn for evening leisure walks (or fitness runs).

The hotel is owned and run by a family. The rooms are clean. There is a mini fridge, microwave and big TV in every room. Some rooms have Jacuzzi (or maybe hot tube), but again the owners keep everything very clean.

As a business traveler I insist upon having reliable fast wifi access. The Relax Inn provides FREE WIFI. The speed is super fast and never throttles.

There is a FREE quick grab-and-go breakfast offered in the lobby. Parking is easy and feels safe at night.

The AC in the rooms works well and if you want fresh air (which I like in the winter months), the windows open.

Having spent something like a cumulative 40 or 50 nights over four years I think I have a pretty reasonable sample set. And for my money, every time I'm in the Atlantic City area I try to stay here. 5-stars!

Room Tip: There are rooms with a Hot Tub and rooms without. I try to get the rooms without a hot tub. I like...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Orangevale, California, United States
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I came to Atlantic City for 3 nights and booked this off hotels.com because the price was far less than the AC casinos, and the reviews were generally good. Even with the positive reviews, I was very surprised. The staff was unbelievably acommodating. They have a FREE continental breakfast each morning which was very good- fruit, juice, coffee, begals, croissants, and the frozen breakfast sandwiches.
The rooms are older, but as nice as they can be. They obviously spent where it counted- the beds are very comfortable(new mattresses?), and they keep the rooms very clean. Our room had a fridge and microwave, and a 40" flat screen TV(looked like new). The only downside that I can possibly think of is the dresser- the drawer sticks a bit. The grounds are beautiful- just like the photos. Thanks for a great stay- I'll stay again if ever in the AC area!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 23, 2012 via mobile

The staff was very friendly and the room was extremely clean (I tend to really give hotel rooms a good look over). Booked a king jacuzzi sweat for only $74 and got far more than expected. The bed was really comfortable (almost to soft) lots of pillows, only complaint there is the top blanket smelled very faintly of smoke in a non-smoking room but that's reaching for something to complain about. We loved the jacuzzi tub, very spacious, easily fits two people. They provide you with a few extra ammenities like a disposable razor, toothbrush and such.

Over all our stay was great and we definitely return and recommend to others.

Oh and a side note my boyfriend would like to add the Internet is a little bit slow lol

• Stayed May 2012
Hoboken, New Jersey
Reviewed May 20, 2012

This place was great, especially for the money...service was very friendly, we got upgraded to a free suite because they had one available, and they were very helpful with all questions we had. Room was decent size and clean, jacuzzi was great....no issues whatsoever. Short 10 min drive or so to AC...would definitely stay here if we go again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

First I'd like to say that the staff is very friendly. No issues there. Unfortunately, when we arrived at 6:30 PM they had given our room away by accident. Apparently the new staff thought that the folks they gave it to had the same name as me... So all they had left were standard rooms. I made sure to check out the room to be sure it was not the garage or something. On first inspection it looked ok. We got a $30 refund making the cost $59 for the night.
Everything was justa bit shabby. Holes above the shower surround,toilet seat wouldn't stay open on its own. A 1 inch gap under the door to the outside let in light and god knows what else in the night. The floor was loud under my feet and I don't know how loud that would be downstairs. Pillows were cheap nautical brand and linens were scratchy.
Also, the fan on the AC wouldn't stay on - I need that white noise to sleep. Very annoying.

Stayed April 2012
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed March 9, 2012

My boyfriend and I chose to stay here for a week in March, we then returned the following week as we really enjoyed our stay and the service we received from Jay & staff.
The rooms were a good size, clean and had some nice extras you don't normally see in a standard hotel room. Extras like rocking chair, decent coat hangers, floss and toothbrush.
We stayed in 2 different rooms, the first one had a large flat screen tv which was a nice bonus.
Unfortunately the only thing that wasn't suitable for us with this property was the wifi. We rely on it and it just wasn't consistent. Jay and staff were very obliging in trying to fix the problem even offering to contact their IT person to sort it out, which we very much appreciated but it just wasn't practical for us.
We have been travelling around the country for sometime now and it was very nice to feel like our business was appreciated.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JLK2222
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed February 23, 2012

I have stayed at many places in galloway,absecon,atlantic city, but this one stands out as much better than most. Very clean, quiet, and inexpensive. We even got upgraded to suite at no extra cost.

Room Tip: Near North bound entrance to Garden State Parkway
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Galloway
Country Hearth Inn Atlantic City/Galloway
Atrium Inn
#7 of 18 in Galloway
Baymont Inn & Suites Galloway Atlantic City Area
Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North

Been to Relax Inn? Share your experiences!