“Doggy friendly hotel”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Aylsham
Black Boys Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 6 Aylsham B&B and Inns
bedford
“Doggy friendly hotel”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Choose this hotel as we were visiting friends in Norwich but also wanted to be reasonably close to the coast. Initially we choose their sister hotel, The Bucks Arms, but the reviews of The Black Boys appeared to be better and their rooms were cheaper. We had room 103 on the top floor, small room but lovely ensuite and it was a room that was dog friendly. We enjoyed a few drinks in the bar after checking in and we had dinner later in the evening. Food was excellent as was the service, staff very friendly and efficient. We had a good nights sleep and breakfast was very good, although the portions were huge, my husbands full English could have fed two of us!

• Stayed November 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We found this hotel about 6.00pm after a Friday on the Broads. All tables were decorated with flowers and lit candles so we assumed a private party was to take place. Told barman we were starving and only wanted a quick meal, so he found us a nice table where I had cod in beer batter with homemade tartare sauce, salad, chips and peas. My husband had steak pie with suet & horseradish pastry and lots of veg. Quality and friendly service were superb, so we waddled out before 7.00 replete and determined to visit again next time we are in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Elizabeth H
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We happened onto this delightful hotel after visiting Blickling Hall (well worth the visit). It was a Sunday and we were thrilled to discover they were offering a half price deal on their B&B double room rate to anyone who ate lunch or dinner on that Sunday in the restaurant. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet, the dinner was excellent (generous portions of quality locally sourced meats and produce), and the breakfast was extensive as well. In short there was nothing to fault and the total cost was excellent value for money.

Room Tip: Perhaps ask for a room not on the road side of the building, but to be honest this is a very quiet p...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We went to this pub on recommendation of where we were staying. Do not go here if you are not hungry we knew what was to be expected but we could only manage one course. My wife had the macaroni cheese which was served very hot and I had the poached cod and poached egg in cream sauce on mashed potatoes and spinach it was fantastic

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
London
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We needed a place to stay near Blickling Hall as we were attending an evening event there. We were pleased the Black Boys could accommodate us. Appreciated being able to use the car-park. Clean and comfortable room for the night. Breakfast to be chosen from a set-menu. Friendly staff. Relaxed atmosphere. We walked the 1. 5 miles to Blickling Hall - be warned, there are few pedestrian paths to do so, unless you can find a route we didn't!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

First things first, we didn't stay, me and my partner popped in for a roast today, we both know what's good quality food. I had the roast lamb and my partner had the beef. We can happily say it was the best roast we've ever had! There is just nothing we could fault, all the staff we're lovely and very precentable young ladies, but best of all the food was just lovely. We highly recommend it and looking forward to our next visit.
Kealy & David from Norwich.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Kealistath
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This was my fifth visit this restaurant and like all the other occasions neither I nor the rest of the party were disappointed. I do find the À la Carte Menu to my taste, and pocket, and the Evenings Specials adds a seasonal and local selection as well. This visit was with my sixteen year old grandson and he delighted in being able to select the sole stuffed with Cromer crab after starting with the calamari. I went for the Swannington belly pork with an apple purée and
seared Scottish king scallops followed by the Cromer crab salad. Wow, both dishes were delightfully served and very tasty. The Hotel does have its own website and before booking it's possible to see what's available and then change one's mind dozens of times before ordering. Just one caveat the restaurant is open to the bar and if you want a quite table then ask for one around the corner away from the bar. The bar carries a good selection of real ales which I enjoy and am assured a more than ample wine selection. My cousin and her husband thoroughly enjoy the house white. To summarise I would say: great food, generous portions, good atmosphere, excellent service and certainly worth a visit. I will certain go back again when visiting the area. I don't feel that £30 a head for a two course meal, drink (two bottles of wine) and a tip is excessive for the quality provided.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lasapiniere
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aylsham
The Plough Inn
#2 of 2 in North Walsham
The Red Lion
The Red Lion
#1 of 7 in Cromer

Been to Black Boys Hotel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!