“Closure”

Dining options: Reservations
Dereham, Norfolk
“Closure”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We're so sad to read about the closure of this first class pub and restaurant. My wife and I have had some simply marvellous meals at the Ratcatchers over the last 15 years or so. We will miss the friendly reception and excellent service. Cheerio.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank Beverley127

Gravesend, United Kingdom
“A really lovely place to eat!”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

It's always a bit of a gamble when you choose somewhere to eat when you're on holiday but this was a great choice! The food was really excellent and there was a wide choice of specials on the board, as well as a VERY FULL menu! I would be very surprised if you someone couldn't find something to enjoy from the menu. The landlord of the pub was hilarious and made us all feel really welcome! The atmosphere was very relaxed and everyone had a good time. Highly recommended!

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Mike T
“Good Food”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I've not been to The Ratcatchers for many years and had looked at the recent reviews and wasn't expecting too much, however myself and family ate there on Sunday and we all thoroughly enjoyed the meal. I had the Beef Wellington, which was excellent, followed by a Bounty Bar cheesecake, which was also very nice. What I would say is that it is quite pricey, with most steaks £18+, not including a sauce and mains generally costing between £13 and £20. I am a big steak eater and feel that in these times the price could be a little bit more competitive. We ate in the restaurant, which was clean and tidy, however it could do with updating generally. The service was very good, although there was a wait for my meal, which I was informed about, as the food is cooked fresh, so it wasn't a problem.

I'm in my 40's and I was one of the youngest there, I guess with the prices as they currently are it appeals more to the "older" customers, who may have a a bit of spare cash. So all in all, a good meal, to be better a little bit of modernisation would help, as it's a little dated now, together with a small reduction in price, which would help in bringing in a few more people to enjoy the excellent food.

• Visited July 2012
“Wouldnt go again”
Reviewed May 12, 2012 via mobile

Service was rubbish... Order was taken 3 times by 3 different people (we must have been speaking another language or something) then only 4 meals were bought out but there was 5 of us... They didn't even think to question that 1 meal was missing! Then 4 of us had finished before the other was bought out... Food was not good either... Fish pie was dry... Award winning pie was very average. Would not bother going again as was very expensive too...

1 Thank p1982
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Good all round Pub Grub at restaurant prices”
Reviewed March 12, 2012

We recently ate at the "Rats" and found the food to be most acceptable if a little pricey. The service was slow which we could not understand as the Restaurant was almost empty. We would eat there again but this is because we are local more than anything.

• Visited January 2012