“Good food”

The Black Boys Hotel Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in Aylsham
Cuisines: Pub, Gastropub
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Grade 2 listed inn in the centre of the market town of Aylsham in Norfolk. Open all day serving coffee, drinks, breakfast, lunches and evening meals. Character beamed bar, restaurant and guest bedrooms.
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We called on a very busy night, the switching on of the Aylsham Christmas lights. In spite of this we had a good meal and good service, though the meal we had at the Buck Arms was a little better. This is a much larger establishment but still enjoyable. My sea bass was well cooked and presented.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Fantastic food good atmosphere. great choice on the lunch menu quick and efficient service even though they were really busy.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

I have visited the Black Boy Inn on 5 occasions now and have never been disappointed. When we have visitors we enjoy lunch out and have travelled to various places around North Norfolk to get a good meal. This is by far one of the best I have come across in North Norfolk along with The Globe in Wells. I particularly enjoy fish and seafood both of which are always on the menu and must say that the moules mariniere is one of the best I have had and this includes eating in France. Very friendly and helpful staff, great choice on the menu and really good food. They also give you a good amount of food, which they still make look attractive- style and substance. Highly recommended.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Visited the black boys several times now and I have never had a bad meal. Very friendly staff, excellent food and drinks. they do a really good deal on fish and chips takeaway on a Friday night too.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

We were 4 for lunch accompanied by babies too young to eat. This is a nice, big, slightly old-fashioned (not a criticism!) pub/hotel. The welcome was warm and obliging, and the service equalled it, as did the extensive menu. There's a good selection of real ales from which I chose Woodforde's Wherry. Others had more prosaic drinks. There were 2 orders of cod and chips, one of scampi and chips and one lamb shank. The helpings were heroic, but I think we did them justice. The batter on the cod and scampi was exceptional. Loos of a similar vintage to the rest of the place and merited 8/10. Free WiFi. Children welcomed.