“Great Weekend Away”

Diamond Hill Country House
Ranked #2 of 2 Slieverue B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We recently stayed in Diamond Hill Guest House in the lovely village of Slievrue. After reading the great reviews on Tripadvisor, I decided to have a look at their website and liked what I saw. We booked in for two nights and headed off to Waterford for the weekend. The village of Slievrue itself is only a few minutes away from Waterford city and yet when we drove up the hill into Diamond Hill, it felt like we were in the heart of the countryside.

We were greeted as we went in to the guesthouse by the lovely owner, Benny, who from the start was welcoming and extremely hospitable in every way. After checking in we were shown to our room which was a lovely double room with a great view of the lovely garden. The room itself was spotless, with great facilities and a kettle to make a cup of tea which is always good after a long drive! The en suite was again spotless and plenty of towels and products were supplied for our use.

After checking out the room, we used the wifi available in the lobby before asking Benny what were our best options for our weekend and after some great advice we headed to Dunmore East and Hook Lighthouse for a great day out. We had a fantastic day and we were delighted with the recommendations and we even got the weather!!

I have to say that we completely enjoyed our weekend getaway to the lovely Diamond Hill Guesthouse. The owner Benny went out of his way to be helpful and without his great advice our weekend would not have been anywhere as good. His family were also there, his lovely wife Kate, while having two gorgeous young boys to look after, was also there to help with all our needs.

The facilities were perfect and overall we felt welcomed and extremely well looked after. We will be returning to Diamond Hill very soon and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a great place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

For the price we paid, we can't really complain. The owners were great. Very friendly and helpful. Plentiful breakfast and great tasting. The rooms are nothing special. Average furnishings but the room is very clean. The inn is older and the interior needs some upgrading and there is a musty odor in the air. You are a 10 minute drive to the Waterford water front and there is lots of parking at the hotel. We had a lot of fun here and I would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stayed just one evening and enjoyed our room. It was large with a large bathroom. Bernie was very helpful by recommending a place for dinner that was very good. Just two small complaints if that is what you want to call them. 1. Breakfast room had four huge flies flying around (I hate bugs flying over over & around me). Breakfast food was good but a little slow. 2. No internet in the rooms but in the lobby only. After traveling all day it would be nice to sit in your room to respond to e-mails and read Facebook.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2012

If you are looking for a place to stay that is central to Waterford and surrounding area, comfortable and affordable then this hotel is for you! We have just stayed with Ben and Kate and can highly recommend that you give them a try. Our room was spacious and very clean, the breakfast was fantastic - especially the white pudding! We must say a special thank you to Ben who was a fountain of knowledge about the area and we would have missed some great sites if it hadn't been for him! Mahon Falls are a great place to visit and if, like us,you are keen walkers the view from the top of the surrounding mountains is well worth the effort of the climb,

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Breakfast was good, the staff was very friendly, the rooms were clean, it was relatively easy to find. Internet connectivity was only available in the lobby area. Our room had a lovely view; our traveling companions were on the back side of the house with a view of a factory.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank TexasStocktons
Reviewed June 28, 2012

A large B&B in a pretty setting just outside of Waterford. What makes this B&B outstanding is the friendliness and helpfulness of Ben (Katie was not here the night we stayed there). I had emailed Ben with itinerary questions in advance. He responded quickly with advice that solved my travel concerns. While we were there, Ben looked over our entire itinerary and offered advice that made a difference in our three week tour. The B&B was immaculate, comfortable and very convenient for our travels. And, of course, there was a great breakfast. This was our first B&B and a welcome stay after four nights in a Dublin hotel. I wish we had a chance to meet Kate, but we will be back.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank drbillmc
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I stayed at Diamond Hill B&B for 8 nights on business. I could not have had a more perfect and enjoyable experience. Benny, Katie, and their two, absolutely darling children truly treated me like one of the family. I know the 'one of the family' gets tossed around a lot- but here, you can take it to the bank. Never overbearing, always kind and helpful, they made sure I was comfortable in every aspect of my stay. Whether I needed directions, city information, or a cold beer at the end of the night, Benny and Katie were at my service- They genuinely love what they do.
My room was clean, large, comfortable, quiet, and tasteful. An amazingly cozy and large bed greeted me every evening and a large, super strong and hot shower greeted my morning. And the breakfast was perfect! There are many choices (My favorite, of course, the full Irish!) and they serve till 11- wow! And the affordability compared to in town makes it all worth while.
Although a little bit outside of the city center, regular and on time busses were always available right outside the grounds- it takes 10 minutes to center for 1.25 Euro. Lots of parking if you drive.
Keep the locally owned and family run businesses thriving! This is B7B is a perfect example of when it is done right. Thanks guys!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Slieverue
Waterford Marina Hotel
Granville Hotel
Granville Hotel
#2 of 12 in Waterford
Waterford Castle Hotel & Golf Resort

Been to Diamond Hill Country House? Share your experiences!