Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Lifetime Memories Made!

Wow! Willie went WAY above and beyond for our private out of season visit. Expectations were... read more

Reviewed October 5, 2022
Kate N
Brookeville, MD
A hidden gem!

I really recommend a visit to Mayfield Bird's of Prey. We are 3 adults who had never been close to... read more

Reviewed September 14, 2022
TjgClarke
via mobile

All reviews birds of prey hawk walk once in a lifetime harris hawk amazing adventure brilliant experience unique experience highlight of our trip an absolute fantastic morning beautiful owls willie falconry ireland welfare activity demonstration
Selected filters
Reviewed July 2, 2019

The falconry and owl experience lasted about 2 hours and was thoroughly enjoyable and really interesting. Willie (and Evan) was a great host and clearly cared for the birds and was so knowledgeable about these amazing birds. My girlfriend and I loved it and would highly recommend it to people in the area. We were on a road trip and diverted to get to the location (thanks for the great communication and being accommodating), it was well worth it. Thanks Willie and Evan, Rob and Orla.

Date of experience: July 2019
1  Thank theboat87
Reviewed June 19, 2019

Been a couple of times and each time it was an excellent experience. Really informative and fun. Perfect for kids and adults. Willie really knows his stuff and you can tell the birds are taken care of to an excellent standard. Would highly recommend!!

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed June 9, 2019

We took four kids aged 12 and thirteen along with four of us adults to Mayfield last Saturday. I was a birthday treat for our grandson.
The two hours we spent with Willie were the most amazing experience. We started with a talk on how he got into falconry, about the birds themselves and what the hands-on part of the visit would entail. His knowledge is encyclopaedic and his warm and humorous personality made for a memorable and entertaining occasion. Flying the birds and holding such exotic creatures was thrilling.
I cannot recommend this experience highly enough.

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed June 8, 2019 via mobile

Willie was a very inviting host and spent a lot of patient time with our group of ten 10 year old boys for a birthday party. Without a doubt the best party we have had and we wish Willie all the best. Highly recommend!

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed May 31, 2019

The owner of the business, Willie was most knowledgeable about all his birds. It was just the two of us and Willie allowed us all the time we wanted flying his hawk and holding his beautiful owls. This was just a truly unique and fun time. It was my favorite activity of our entire trip- of course I love birds- BUT even my husband thought it was the best thing we did! Totally do this! I highly recommend for any nature, bird enthusiast. Flying the hawk was thrilling!

Date of experience: May 2019