“Jewel In The Nire Valley”
Review of Hanora's Cottage

Hanora's Cottage
Reviewed August 15, 2012

My Wife and I recently stayed for 3 days in Hanoras Cottage in the Nire Valley. From arrival at the Hotel we were treated with 5 Star Standard & Quality. On Arrival Tea and scones were provided which was a lovely welcome. The rooms are to an excellent standard and each room comes with a jacuzi bath which is most welcome after walking in the Comeragh Mountains. When returning from our walks our gear can be dried in the boiler room and available folded and dry for the next days walking. Dinner & Breakfast are superb with the service and standard second to none. A pack luch is available with home produced brown bread, fruit or whatever you want.
After Dinner you relax in the lounge and Mary makes everyone feel welcome.
At Night you go to sleep with the sound of the nearby steam drifting into your room. What more could one ask for
We can honestly say that it is one of the best de-stress locations in Ireland and where all the staff go out of their way to make you feel welcome and special.
We will be back for the walking festival in October.
Thanks Very Much To Mary and all the Staff
Regards the Banner Crew

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hanora's Cottage

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Having just returned from 4 days in Hanora's Cottage I miss it already! From the moment I arrived until the moment I left I was in heaven. The location, the food and the hospitality extended by Mary and family was second to none. Walking by day, reading beside the river with a glass of wine each evening before dinner only to do it all again the next day was hard work (not!). I wanted for nothing and I can't wait to return. Thanks Mary and family for everything. I felt so well looked after.
Fiona

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank FBMontblanc F
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Just returned from a terrrific relaxing time spent at the wonderful Hanoras Cottage Ballymacarbery. It is Irish Hospitality at its best, from the greeting , pot of tea and home made cakes at the fire upon arrival, first class accomadation, friendly staff, superb food (not suprised it has had numerous food awards).

Will definintely return in the near future and next time explore the wonderful surrounding countryside by foot.

One bit of advise if using a sat nav turn it off upon reaching Ballymacarbery Village ( as it will lead you on a mountain drive excursion and return you back to the village) Upon reaching Ballymacarbery Village take a left after the hostel and community centre there is a signpost indicating Hanoras Cottage proceed straight along this road and follow the roadsigns for the cottage.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank amag4523
Reviewed July 1, 2012

My wife and I have just returned from a Birthday Celebration weekend in Hanora's Cottage in Ballymacarbery-what a joy!!! We received the warmest of welcomes on our arrival, enjoyed remarkably delicious food - morning and evening for two delightful days. While we arrived, stressed, after a long journey, we left Hanora's Cottage 2 days later having enjoyed the best of hospitality, fresh air, food/wine and rest in the most peaceful, relaxing environment. We look forward to returning and are very grateful for this very precious experience. THANK YOU! We have found somewhere which matches where we live, (West Cork,)with the added benefits. Overall a very beautiful weekend.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Rod1015
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Just had a wonderful midweek break at Hanoras cottage. Cannot find enough superlatives for the experience.Idyllic setting in the Nire valley ,great hill walks of varying difficulty and time,very warm welcome and hospitality from the Wall family,top class accomodation,superb cuisine and the most incredible breakfasts,and all at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JOEandB
Reviewed May 17, 2012

My wife and I have stayed in some of the highest rated hotels and guest houses in the US, New Zealand, Australia, South Africa, Argentina, Chile, and the UK. I can state without any doubt that none are better than Hanora's cottage. I can think of 2 places (one in South Africa and one in Argentina) where the breakfast is comparable, but not better. I can think of 2 others where the accomodation is comparable, but not better. I can think of a few where the staff are as welcoming and attentive, but none better.
Hanora's has the perfect combination of excellent, clean and comfortable accomodation (the bathrooms are spectacular!); superb food using great local produce; very friendly, helpful and welcoming people and a beautiful setting.
In addition to the beautiful countryside and walks in the immediate area you are within easy reach of the beautiful Mahon Valley falls; Stradbally Cove if you want a great day by the sea or sightseeing at Lismore or the Rock of Cashel.
I think you probably get the point by now....Hanora's is a great relaxing to spend your time, but is still within easy reach of many other activities.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank IanDerbyshire
Reviewed April 21, 2012

The setting is beautiful with lovely walks in the nearby mountains and forest. The food is top class, full marks to Mary, Eoin, Judith and Ina. They cater for all dietary requirements, as in my case I am wheat yeast and dairy free (a little advance notice is appreciated). It was great value with packed lunches included for each day. It is an ideal destination for a relaxed break and we certainly will return.
Honora M

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballymacarbry
Waterford Marina Hotel
Waterford Marina Hotel
#3 of 12 in Waterford
Hotel Minella
Hotel Minella
#1 of 6 in Clonmel
Park Hotel & Leisure Centre
The Pilgrims Rest Hotel (ADULTS ONLY)
Granville Hotel
Granville Hotel
#2 of 12 in Waterford
Cliff House Hotel
Cliff House Hotel
#1 of 2 in Ardmore

Been to Hanora's Cottage? Share your experiences!