Hanora's Cottage
$55
Richmond House(Cappoquin)
$129
TripAdvisor
All reviewsnire valleypacked lunchjacuzzi bathsmoked salmonsconesporridgeon arrivaltin foilfilo pastryhill walkingfresh fruittraditional irish hospitalitylocal walkscooked breakfastmy husband and i have justwatch tvstewed apples
Reviewed May 17, 2012

My wife and I have stayed in some of the highest rated hotels and guest houses in the US, New Zealand, Australia, South Africa, Argentina, Chile, and the UK. I can state without any doubt that none are better than Hanora's cottage. I can think of 2 places (one in South Africa and one in Argentina) where the breakfast is comparable, but not better. I can think of 2 others where the accomodation is comparable, but not better. I can think of a few where the staff are as welcoming and attentive, but none better.
Hanora's has the perfect combination of excellent, clean and comfortable accomodation (the bathrooms are spectacular!); superb food using great local produce; very friendly, helpful and welcoming people and a beautiful setting.
In addition to the beautiful countryside and walks in the immediate area you are within easy reach of the beautiful Mahon Valley falls; Stradbally Cove if you want a great day by the sea or sightseeing at Lismore or the Rock of Cashel.
I think you probably get the point by now....Hanora's is a great relaxing to spend your time, but is still within easy reach of many other activities.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank IanDerbyshire
Reviewed April 21, 2012

The setting is beautiful with lovely walks in the nearby mountains and forest. The food is top class, full marks to Mary, Eoin, Judith and Ina. They cater for all dietary requirements, as in my case I am wheat yeast and dairy free (a little advance notice is appreciated). It was great value with packed lunches included for each day. It is an ideal destination for a relaxed break and we certainly will return.
Honora M

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John M
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Hanora's cottage is a gem in West Waterford. With a very warm welcome, we were shown to our very comfortable accommodation, complete with huge jacuzzi bath and power shower. We wandered in the pretty environs of the house until dinner time. There is a comfortable small bar area for relaxing pre-dinner drinks. The dinner has plenty of choice and the food is excellent - fresh, local good food. The cottage is in a walker's paradise. Mary suggested a perfect walk for us, about 3.5 hours long in mixed terrain - some level, some challenging - all with breathtaking views. We will definitely return and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Toowrist
Reviewed April 8, 2012

A hard working couple with a very busy professional and family life took a recent well earned rest at Hanora's Cottage to celebrate a significant anniversary.
We had a fabulous break. Lots of options available close by whether we were in the mood for chilling out or spending a bit of energy. We are both hillwalkers and did end up going on one of the nearby loop walks very conveniently situated nearby.
The restaurant food was outstanding on both nights. The only issue was what to choose from an amazing menu. Lots of choice for wine and it was also very relaxing to sit out in the common area afterwards with a port or brandy. We were just as well looked after for breakfast and lunch. All of the staff were so warm, welcoming and friendly and could not do enough to make sure our stay was as good as it could possibly be.
Two very recharged and happy people returned to a busy life, and we very much look forward to returning as soon as we can.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Gill M
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Wonderful place. It a unique sort of B&B. Luxury accommodation targeted at walkers. It is perfectly located for walking in the area. Breakfast is amazing, really amazing. Such a variety of fruit, bread, cheeses. I would go back just for that alone. After a day's walking the jacuzzi was heaven. It has the feel of staying in somebody's really comfortable, hospitable, house - with pictures of the family who own the place all over the walls. The only downsides I could mention are that I could at times hear the people in next door's room and the food in the evening didn't bowl me over. It was good but something was missing for it to be excellent. Anyway I will definitely be back - I am looking forward to it already.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo