All reviews great holiday kids and adults entertainment team boathouse restaurant local area short break amusement arcade security staff isle of arran chippy clubhouse sean ayr sparkle aldi playpark fab
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Once again had a great stay at the park. The caravan was spotless and had everything you need. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Only one criticism was the fact that there was no outdoor sitting area around the main block as we had a couple of lovely days.
Great taxi service ( that I use) comes right to the caravan for you if you want to venture out to local area.
Would recommend the Labour Club. Pop Inn and Red Squirrel for bar lunch great value.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
PDRService, Guest Relations Manager at Sandylands Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hi Steve.

Thank you for this review.

Our guest’s comments continually help us to improve, we are always taking feedback on board and acting upon it where possible, your concerns in terms of the lighting will be shared with the General Manager. We are delighted to hear you had a fab stay with us, we would love to see you again soon, please give us a call on 0344 335 3430 if you need any help booking a future stay!

Thank you for leaving this review.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I am just back from a Friday to Monday, staying in the Drakemere Caravan, which we paid £285 for (£25) of this was for an early 1pm check in. Arrived at 12.45pm, got keys no trouble, very pleasant girl on reception, caravan was literally a minute from the reception, on arriving caravan was nice, beds all made up with pristine clean white linen. No parking beside the caravan meaning we had to park on the grass. We walked over to the restaurant for a meal and drink, quickly served, reasonable price and quality. The park seemed clean, lots of plants and flowers etc. On the negative side, not really a lot to do onsite, we spend most time in caravan or sitting out on the decking. Some exterior lighting could be improved.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Hi There.

Thank you for this review.

Thank you for leaving this review.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Just back from Sandylands. Van was smashing. Very clean. Good shower and had everything you would need to stay.Central heating too which was a bonus. Unfortunately I was at the furthest end of the park which put me off using the complex facilities so I cant review them. The staff I did come in contact with were very helpful. The kettle and outside light didn't work so I reported this. Within 30 mins I had a new kettle and within an hour the electrician had been to look at the outside light. It was very dark at that end of the park so the light was needed. I did have a torch with me though! It was fixed the following day. So no complaints there. The only complaint I did have with the van was the curtains. There were missing hooks and curtain pole ends so the curtains kept falling off and the catch to hold the door open was broken. As it was windy I had to hold the door firmly when entering or leaving.
I've been to 4 other Parkdean parks and if I'm honest this was my least favourite. There is no atmosphere or any aesthetic touches. It was a bit barren. Just rows and rows of Van's, some of which have seen better days. You can certainly tell the owned vans as they are mostly well looked after. I understand around 250 are owned, the rest rented and it shows. There was certainly no rubbish lying around as per some other reviews, indeed there is no excuse for leaving rubbish as there are so many bins around. The bridge to get to the beach is a pain but I knew that before booking and the trains going by was fine as it made me feel there was 'life out there'. Being so far away from the complex made me feel isolated.
I also understand there is a new manager in place who is working at improving the site and holiday experience and Parkdean are investing in this park. If they can bring it up to the standard of Southerness or Eyemouth I would return. The new manager has to be given time to get the improvements in place so I wont say that I wouldn't return, I will say that I would give her time to make the changes.

Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank yl1969
PDRService, Guest Relations Manager at Sandylands Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi there,

Thank you so much for posting your very informative review on TripAdvisor.

We're pleased to hear your holiday home was up to standard and adequate for your needs. Also that the team rectified any issues raised promptly.

Good thinking with the torch! The park can be very dark on an evening, so a torch does come in handy.

We appreciate your honest feedback, both good and bad. It sounds like Sandylands Holiday Park didn't quite tick all of the boxes for you on this occasion, however, hopefully we can welcome you back in future for a more positive experience.

^AO

Reviewed September 7, 2019

Me and my family visited sandylands for a week and we all had an amazing time !

Arrived at site to see a great atmosphere with kids on karts and in play park, went to check in for our caravan and The sales lady was very kind

Caravan was spotless and wasn’t too much of a walk to the club

Entertainment was the best bit, Gina Zoe Beth Alice and Thomas were absolutely amazing , during the day they have so many activities on for during the day and cover all ages for kids. Night time was great too the kids entertainment was great all my kids were joining in and winning prizes , troupers shows were amazing too !!! Some talented bunch they are and gameshows are hilarious

Security were friendly enough which I wasn’t expecting as most places security stand and don’t wanna know you these security guards were up for a laugh and a chat

Had an Amazing time at sandylands will be back next year and hope for the same amazing holiday

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
PDRService, Guest Relations Manager at Sandylands Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2019

Hi Charlotte.

Thank you for taking the time to leave this amazing review.

Our team will be delighted to hear this as our guest's comments really do mean a lot to us. We would love to see you again soon, please give us a call on 0344 335 3430 if you need any help booking a future stay!

Reviewed September 5, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I keep trying parkdean holiday parks to see which ones are good for wheelchair users, Saltcoats is good as pretty flat here and once in Saltcoats itself u could walk for miles , the only bad thing is u can’t get direct access onto the prom from the park as access is over the railway via a footbridge , so wheelchair users have to go round by the road and access then prom from the town, caravan good wetroom and good access and close to all show at cafe , shop, yeah shame about the weather this week been wet and windy all week so not been out as much as we would like

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
PDRService, Guest Relations Manager at Sandylands Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi There.

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review.

Our guest’s comments continually help us to improve, we are always taking feedback on board and acting upon it where possible. We are delighted to hear you had a fab stay with us, we would love to see you again soon, please give us a call on 0344 335 3430 if you need any help booking a future stay!

Thank you again for leaving this review.