“Let the Pics Do the Talking :)”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saltcoats
Sandylands Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Reviewed June 8, 2013

we are just back from sandylands,have 2 boys 9 and 2yr old and have to say this park was great! visited Craig Tara(haven) and Wemyss Bay(Parkdean) and actually think this place is a lot more relaxed/classier and also a great deal cheaper with amazing caravans!!! Due to previous reviews we booked a gold plus caravan( got an adapted 1 lst 1) and it was amazing absolutely spotless,never felt more at home on a caravan holiday! We travel all over and can honestly say i dont know what the bad reviews are about,i'll go over a few

The Beach - yes its over a bridge(which has been freshly painted) and through a small sand dune walk so maybe not great for the less mobile but i am pregnant and managed just fine,once you get to the beach its Beautiful and nice and clean,again with previous reviews i dont know whats went on there .....

The Fence around Park - Isnt every park somehow Gated???? Anyway the grounds around are well Maintained

The Trains - We were 2 vans away from the fence line and had no problem with them(2yr old is a light sleeper and had a sound sleep) they do make slight noise but its not like Steam Train Thomas Tank engine style..... so we didnt see a problem with them.

The Caravans - We got a gold plus by reviews but by the look of the outside of other vans we didnt need to they all look nice and well looked after,their may be the odd oldie but that oldie is owned by some wee owner thats prob had for years and is their Pride and joy.......

The Prices - Newsagents Brilliant same prices as your own at home unlike other sites which hike prices right up on essentials
Partner said Beer Prices were Good, £2.80 a pint,Bar staff dont rip you off and tell you whats Cheaper :).
On the food front i seen a nice Indian place in Stevenson,Girl in Showbar Let me call from her Mobile as she wasnt sure if park phone was in order,and delivery came right to Caravan door.
That was Antalaya,amazing Takeaway, Amazing Price a must try.

Well i think i have Covered all I can,Take a look at the Pics for yourself :)

Oh showbar and reception staff all gems too :D

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank savvy_cs
Park R, General Manager at Sandylands Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review regarding your recent stay at Sandylands Holiday Park. I am glad to read that you and your family enjoyed your time with us and that you made the most of all the activities and facilities that we have on offer for all our guests.
We try and keep all our accommodation to the highest standards possible and I am very happy that you were satisfied with what we allocated for you. The beach is lovely and there is nowhere better to go when the sun is shining in Saltcoats. There are a lot of restaurants and café’s in the area that deliver to our holiday homes so I am glad that you enjoyed the food. We also have a fish and chip shop on site which is proving to be very popular with our guests. Again I would like to thank you for your lovely comments and uploading your holiday photos! We hope to see you and your family again soon.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We booked a 2 night stay here in a Bronze caravan for £50. I can only assume we were upgraded as we were given a spotless, huge, well equipped 3 bedroom caravan for 3 nights! The caravan was incredible.
The resort is a little tired and dated but it is a great, cheap little bolthole. The pool area was great and the entertainment for the kids at the bar in the evening was great.
We visited with our 17 month old daughter who loved it. The staff were great, everyone was really friendly. I'd definitely return yet I was very apprehensive before I arrived.
I have visited Saltcoats on many occassions so I knew the town itself was a dump but it's a great area for exploring the Isle of Arran and has beautifu views across the bay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank vickyb103
Park R, General Manager at Sandylands Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review regarding your recent stay at Sandylands and I am so pleased that you found your caravan to be of a great standard. It’s nice to read that you found our swimming pool facilities and entertainment team to be of your satisfaction and I will pass on your nice comments to the teams involved. We are very happy that you will be returning on holiday again with us in the future and we can’t wait to create more amazing memories for you and your family.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Just returned from a week at Sandylands for the May half-term holidays. I was a little anxious about what we would find as I made the mistake of reading reviews after I had booked the trip, but I was pleasantly surprised. We were a family group with a 9 and 7 year old. There were plenty of activities for the kids to do and they really enjoyed them - art/craft, sports day, football etc. We went in the pool everyday. The Teamstars were great with the kids - what stood out to me was how conscious they were of the kids safety, especially when they went outside. It is not a big site, which meant that there were not loads of kids there joining in the activities so the staff got to know all of the kids.

We went to the early evening entertainment which the kids really enjoyed - party dances and games - but didn't stay for the cabaret as that's not our cup of tea.

We had a bronze caravan as we have a dog and it was clean and tidy, the beds were surprisingly comfortable, although I don't think the single beds would suit an adult as they are narrow. We had everything we needed in the kitchen. The gas ran out while we were there but it was replaced immediately.

The site itself is not the most picturesque, and that is the only reason I couldn't give the park an excellent rating. There is a fence all the way round which is not very attractive, but inside the park was clean - I saw regular litter pickers and no dog mess (which is down to irresponsible pet owners and not a fair criticism of the park!). The bridge over to the beach was not very attractive but a necessity to get to the beach which was lovely and quiet. We had no problems with the noise of the trains, but we were far enough away. There seemed to be a lot of owned caravans on the site which were well looked after on the whole. The park management seem to be trying to influence what they can to make the park nicer.

Overall, I would say this was a great value, cheap holiday - £370 during school holidays. We could have paid more to go to a bigger site with more facilities but this had everything we needed. The staff were fantastic with the kids and this made a real difference to our enjoyment of the holiday.

I guess caravan holidays are like Marmite - love it or hate it. If you want good value holiday that the kids will enjoy, you'll get it here.

3  Thank Andrea D

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review regarding your holiday at Sandylands - I am glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and that your accommodation was of a satisfactory standard. The entertainment team are very good with the children and I will pass on your feedback to them. The management team here at Sandylands are always looking at ways of improving our service and standards and it’s with great feedback like yours that we can do so. I was pleased to read that you found your holiday to be of great value for money and we hope to see you here again soon. Thanks again for taking the time to leave a review

Reviewed June 1, 2013

A smaller site than the likes of haven but ita better because the staff know you by name and vice versa. I cannot praise the kids entertainment team enough especially Louisa and Graham the kids adore them the most. And cant thank Andy the security guard enough for his help on our first night. The car is stacked full of pictures, certificates, happy kids, happy parents and wonderful memories. Thank you Sandylands Crew. We will be back!!

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank helenalandkids

First of all I would like to thank you for leaving such a positive review regarding your recent stay at Sandylands Holiday Park. It is so nice to read that you found our entertainment to be of a great standard and I will pass your excellent feedback onto our entertainment team and also to Andy from the security team. I hope you had a safe journey home and we are all excited to see you and your family again soon.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Our first impression of the park was of the staff at reception. Great girl and everyone we encountered thereafter was great, especially the groundsmen on their tractors who always tooted and waved when they passed our wee grandson.

However the parks itself was bad . Dog poo within 6 feet of our caravan. (You may say the fault of other campers but even so - poor show!). The fresh water tap and the chemical toilet disposal point were basically the same place! The showers were scalding hot or not at all. The play area was pretty good for older kids but not wee toddlers (2yo)

No complaints about the entertainment although it wasn't to our taste.

I guess the beach wasn't the responsibility of the park. However they should put pressure on the Council to clean it up. Empty beer & pop cans, fag packets and burnt out remains of beach fires spoiled what could otherwise be really good.

1  Thank Dalquhurn

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding your stay at Sandylands Holiday park, I read with great pleasure that you found our staff to be friendly as we pride ourselves on providing great customer service to all our guests. However I was disappointed to read you were not happy with the park and that you found there to be a lot of litter around as we do have a team that regularly go around the park specifically to do litter picking duties. I am sorry that you found the showers to be either too hot or too cold and I will now pass this onto the maintenance team so that they can go and investigate this matter.
The beach is owned by the council and I have personally been in contact with them so that they can keep the standards of cleanliness to a more satisfactory level. Again I would like to thank you for leaving a review and we wish to see you and your family holidaying with us again

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Ignore the bad reviews - I wouldn't be writing this as I'm usually too lazy but we had such a great time, all be it only a 1 night stay, that I decided to combat the grumpy overzelous drivel that attempts to pass for a bad review and is little more than a rant! OK, this place is not the ritz - but if that's what you want why are you looking at a caravan site!?

What makes a place like this is the staff, and they are superb - extremely helpful and despite clearly working long and hard hours, very friendly and cheerful.

The biggest thing for this type of place is got to be the "kids factor" Does it have a playpark, yes. Does it have caravans/tent site, yes. Does it have a pool, yes. Does it have amusements, yes. Does it have kids entertainment, yes. All day, and into the night, yes!

The playpark looks ok although the weather beat us when we had planned to have a shot. We pitched a tent on a pitch of really good quality, right next to shower block which was pretty much imaculate and the shower was roasting. Plenty of space for our 2 tents and the family who pitched up beside us in a massive 3 compartment number and I reckon we could have gotten in an other 2 or 3 tents. Only criticism here is no hand soap in the gents :-( Pool is decent but the staff there are awsome, very attentive and friendly, and tolerant of the kids. Amusements are what they are, generally an expensive waste of time when its rainy! But there was plenty of variety including 2p machines with wee prizes which for a couple of quid kept my 7yr old amused for ages. Ticket system gives the weans something to aim for and again it is what it is.

Entertainment, again, it's not Madison Square Gardens! But if that's what you want, you're barking up the wrong tree! Agian, staff are awsome - very cheesy and a little ott at times but seem to be having a good time and that rubs off on the guests, plus I was impressed at how many names they knew of longer staying guests and had obviously built up a rapport with folk very quickly - what more do you want! Plenty of stuff for the kids to get involved in - quizes, treasure hunts, water games, pool comps etc. - some obviously budget conscious and not everything will suit all tastes but plenty variety to have something for everyone. A really good effort buy the staff. Even the evening show was decent - "Sprit of Ireland" had some very tenuous links but girls had good voices and the boys could really dance very well - had the kids gluied anyway!

All in all, a very nice experience and we will be back at some point.

2  Thank Duncy S
Park R, General Manager at Sandylands Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Firstly I would like to thank you for leaving a positive review regarding your recent stay at Sandylands Holiday Park, we are extremely happy that you enjoyed your time with us.

I have passed on your message to the staff at Sandylands to inform them that you were extremely happy with their service that they provided and they thank you for that. Sandylands do try to cater for all ages and it’s nice to read that you and your family enjoyed all the facilities that we have to offer. Our touring facilities were massively invested in a few years ago and I am glad you found them to be of a good quality standard, we have cleaners that regularly clean and check the touring facilities so I will find out the reason why there was no soap in the gents shower area and make sure that this does not happen again.

Again I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Had a lovely 4 night stay here , Park is situated a short walk away from the beach ( went there 3 days out of 4 ) . Lovely views down the Clyde to Alisa Craig , Arran and round Ayr bay. Staff at centre friendly , The evening cabaret with Louisa , Sam and the men who made up Teamsters was of a high quality , worth going to see if you can in 2013, ( they may not be there next year , One of the gang should be in the West End but dont tell Andrew Lloyd Webber !) . I had a bronze caravan which was ok for us on a low budget however will upgrade next time .

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hugh c

Thank you for leaving positive feedback regarding your stay at Sandylands, We are extremely happy that you enjoyed your 4 night break with us, the beach is only a short walk from the park and it’s great that you took full advantage of using it as it’s lovely. I will pass on your positive comments about the entertainment team and the staff, we have had wonderful feedback about the entertainment team this season and it’s nice to read that you also enjoyed it.

We hope to see you again soon to create more amazing memories for you and your family.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saltcoats
Craig Tara Holiday Park - Haven
Turnberry Holiday Park
Victoria Cottage
Victoria Cottage
#2 of 3 in Saltcoats

Been to Sandylands Holiday Park - Park Resorts? Share your experiences!