“Highly recommended”
Review of Motherland Spice

Motherland Spice
Reserve with OpenTable
Motherland Spice is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 32 Restaurants in Saltcoats
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Motherland Spice is a family run restaurant started in 2012. Since opening we have been highly successful because of our unique, authentic Indian & Nepalese cuisine. Motherland Spice has brought expert chefs from India & Nepal to bring the real taste of authentic cuisne in Britain. We are famous in Scotland for our 'Chicken Tikka Baja' and 'Lamb Tawa' dishes and are proud to be the only restaurant in Scotland to serve these two dishes. We also specialise in our South-Indian cuisine. At Motherland Spice we like to think of our food as a journey, one during which we can take you places which will excite, places you might not have thought of going, but ones you will enjoy once you get there. Our menu takes you on a trip from the ultra-cool slopes of the Everest to the fiery plains of Madras, from the lush valleys of Swat to the bountiful Indian Ocean, with more than several stops along the way.
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Away for a short break at a nearby caravan park. Checked the local reviews on tripadvisor and the Motherland came up tops - and rightly so. The restaurant was very quiet - only us and another couple at one point, but the waitress and waiter were very attentive and the right side of chatty. The food was excellent and the portion size more than adequate. Both my wife and I agreed we would make the trip from home (Falkirk) just to come here again.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We went to Motherland Spice last week. The owner came to us and said he would choose our starter for us. The food he brought was amazing.
One dish, chicken tikka Baja was superb!
We went for the table buffet option at £10.95 a head. We thought we would get small portions. How wrong we we're. We decided to test our stomach capacity that night and kept ordering dishes to try. All the owners recommendations were spot on. I used to like the Punjab restaurant but the new management has worked a charm. The staff were attentive and very friendly. Keep up the high standards guys! Brilliant, simply brilliant!

1  Thank IainBrookes
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I have dined in this restaurant on several occasions and haven't been disappointed with the food or service. I recently ordered a takeaway meal and received a call from the restaurant the following evening as a follow up on the quality of the food. I gave an honest opinion of my order and made a comment on portion size which was noted and addressed and now consider myself a regular customer.
Like all new businesses the measure of consistency in delivering quality, will will be that ability to retain customers and not let the high standards drop. So far so good and we'll worth a visit.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Popped into Motherland Spice last night,it was a "spur of the moment",with family and friends. We had the table buffet. Starters were a mix of fish,chicken aubergine pakora,chicken chat and a Beautiful chicken chasni,absolutely delicious!! In our party of 5 we had for our main courses a mixture of mushroom dopiaza,vegetable curry,lamb bhoona,lamb dopiaza,chicken Korma(for our beginers,my mum) chicken jalfrezi with fried rice,boiled rice,chappati and peshwari nan. A very warm relaxing atmosphere,great service and very friendly staff,who cannot do enough to ensure that us,their customers are well looked after. Thank you Mahdav and staff for yet again ,another great night!!!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Even when it is really busy, the staff of this restaurant work really hard to look after their customers. I have never had a bad meal here, and the staff all bend over backwards to help - literally there is nothing they won't do to ensure that your time there is wonderful.

I would like to suggest to "passtherennie" that if he has a time limit on how long he can spend over his meal, he really ought to quietly pass this info on to the staff when he gets his table - because if he had done so, I am sure that the staff would have taken this into account and processed his requests very much quicker.

We had my wife's birthday party there, and the staff even had a birthday cake there for her, which really surprised us all.

The food is excellent - not excessively spicey but a wonderful blend of flavours.

In Ayrshire, we are spoilt by a number of very good Indian restaurants. But since the current management took this place over and made it "Motherland Spice", this restaurant is very much the Jewel in the Ayrshire Crown.