“wine & dine.....don't waste your time”
Review of The Corran Inn

The Corran Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
The Corran Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 31 Restaurants in Saltcoats
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Visited the Corran Inn and won't be back. Table booked for 8.15. To which we were promptly shown. Our waitress took our order and at 8.50 we received our starters. Mushrooms on toast was awful a slimy grey mess of mushrooms covered in an oily grey sauce, hubby's samosa starter was tepid. Waited till nearly 9.30 for our main course, hubby had pasta which was hot, spicy & delicious, my steak was cold and was sent back. When it did come back hot, it was lovely and the pepper sauce was truly delish. The staff were mortified that I had to send my dinner back, apologising profusely and offering me a Large of wine. I visited the Corran In June for my Mother in laws 70th lunch and the service then was very bad, so I was holding off writing a review until the next time I visited......conclusion 'don't waste your time or money'!

1  Thank Fishghirl

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Terrible food and poor service staff tried their best but were run off their feet. Almost walked out 3 times. Manageress was rude when complained and also had a bad attitude. She spent most of her time standing at a laptop with her back to the customers as her team ran around trying to serve far too many customers at once. Place has gone downhill and is over priced for what it is. Had a better meal from a takeaway premises.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

The 3 course meal for £10.50 was a big hit for our family of four.

On visiting this evening shocked at how miserable the portion sizes have become. Chicken tempura is still four pieces but a fraction of the size. Once the pork loin was 2 pieces now 1 and the banoffee pie had the thinnest biscuit base, it was basically caramel & cream.

Such a shame as this was a restaurant we enjoyed.......sadly wont be back for a good while.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Lovely food, beautiful decor, friendly staff, good value for money. Would certainly recommend. Well done everyone

Reviewed July 15, 2013

The young waitress asked if we were ready to order after we had spent less than a minute looking at the menu. Ok nothing too wrong with a bit of enthusiasm so we asked for an extra few minutes with the menu. 15 minutes later it was clear that she had forgotten about us and I had to get her attention. I ordered 'pan seared chicken' and watched the waitress write 'pan seared salmon' on her pad. She thanked me for correcting her. Anyway the food came and went and we ordered two coffees to finish off. 15 minutes later I caught the waitress's eye and she immedialtely ran to the bar and ordered our coffee, she had forgotten us again. We spent about 40 minutes longer in the restaurant than we had to.

I saw and heard other customers having issues with the service. The place seemed to be staffed with very young, poorly trained kids, I actually felt a bit sorry for them.

I've not even mentioned the food and therein lies the problem. The food was good but to make up for the poor service it would need to be exceptional and it wasn't.