“'' Macnificant"”

Shamrock Arms Guest Lodge
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I was booked in by my company at Shamrock arms and when I arrived there the manager Jaco came to me and assisted me on arrival, I felt home the moment I entered my room. I'm at the loge for the last 3 months and not once did I feel that Jaco, Terry and Sheral changed their hospetality towards me even though I'm staying till the end of the year there. The food the dish up is define and the hole atmosphere in the dining room is absolutely a place you will come back at. The service you get there is five star, whenever I got work to do Jaco come and ask is there anything he can assist me with, and if there is nothing he will bring me coffee and excellent cake. The breakfast Jaco and Terry dish up is enough to make you drive 500km to enjoy again. There is absolutely no better place to than shamrock arms to go to in waterval Boven, Jaco I want to thank you for the service and hospitality you gave me and keep it up.

Room Tip: All the rooms are very good clean and comfortable.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed June 12, 2012

My husband and I were on the way back from our Kruger Park Holiday and decided to stay at Shamrock Arms. We were made most welcome by Jaco who really went out of his way to make sure we were happy.The dinner was great as well as the company and stories shared. We had enjoyed 28-30 degree weather at Kruger, but welcomed the electric blanket luxury from camping. An outstanding breakfast the next morning was a super way to end our holiday. Jaco - you are a fantastic host. Hope Archie is enjoying his spot infront of the heater. Thank you so much,we will definately be back! Michelle & Carl

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2012

We were on our honey moon, we just landed (without our suitcases) and on our way to the Kruger national park.
when we got in strait away the host went out and got us toothpaste, brush etc and asked if there is any thing else he can assist with.
everything was so pleasant, dinner was great and the rooms were great.
they assisted us in getting to Kruger and gave great tips.

all in all it was a great welcome to Africa.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Once again we stayed over at the Shamrock Arms on the night of 28 Apr 12. This was after our first stay on 14 Apr 12 when I competed in the Elands Valley Marathon. At that stage I was only looking for accommodation close to the start of the marathon and Shamrock Arms was within 500 meters from the start. But we got more than we actually required. Our hosts, Terry, Sheryl and Jaco made it such a warm experience that we decided to stop over again, only two weeks after our first stay. This time we attended a reunion in town and did not hesitate to book at the same place again. Shamrock Arms is a true representative in terms of hospitality of the picturesque Waterval Boven. They have captured the spirit of the people of the town by going out of their way to make us feel at home. The breakfast has a home made touch, the rooms are clean and comfortable and the atmosphere created is relaxing and hearty. This is going to be out stop over from now on, even if we have to plan our trip just to integrate it into our travel plan. Value for money and hard to beat.

Room Tip: Speak to Sheryl in person.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 11, 2012

During the recent Easter weekend, we stayed over at Shamrock Arms for 3 nights, and used it as our base, as we toured the lovely lowveld by motorbike. We found the rooms spacious,modern, clean and everything you need was in the room. After a day on the bike, the mini bar in the room came in very handy! :).
The staff went out of their way to make our stay a memorable one, the food was more than we could have wished for and the whole ambiance of Shamrock Arms was just what we needed to recharge our inner batteries. The price per room etc,was more than value for money.
We arrived as strangers, but left as friends!!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2012

We stayed at the Shamrock arms on our way to Kruger. The lodge consists of a main building for living room/dining room and bar, a row of rooms in another building very close behind, , with the doors facing the back of the main building.
The rooms were very clean and comfortable, adequate for a one night only stop.
The main house was very cozy, nicely decorated with dolls of every kind. It is very charming.
There we had dinner and breakfast, both served wonderfully. The food was great, absolutely home made, and Jaco and Terry (owner), made themselves sure that we were having a good time and enjoying ourselves. They were very kind and eager to answer all our questions about the surroundings and the history of the area.
We would certainly stop there again!!
Not to miss: Jaco's smoothie for breakfast. A delightful recipe of his own!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 12, 2012

I was looking for a reasonably priced place to stay while driving at night from JNB to Kruger Park. The location was perfect for us and it was an easy drive from the airport even late at night. While we were only there for a short time (11pm - 6am) the staff was very friendly and tried to make our stay as comfortable as possible.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
#1 of 14 in Dullstroom
The Rose Cottage & Co, B&B
The Rose Cottage & Co, B&B
#2 of 14 in Dullstroom

Been to Shamrock Arms Guest Lodge? Share your experiences!