“wonderful hospitality” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Boven Villa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Waterval Boven
Boven Villa
Denfield, Ontario, Canada
“wonderful hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

We dropped in by the three of us on a business trip for the Railways. We've been very welcomed and felt right at home from the beginning. Very nice place to stay, very good hosts!
He served us a superb meal!

Definitely a place you want to stay over!

Note that the shower/washroom was not in the room, but, to be honest, it was totally not a problem! It was nearby, clean, and shared with another room. Non-Issue, even if you insist on en-suite.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms were great actually!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Jerry H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Windsor, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2012

There are a few other accommodation options in the area (a convenient journey breaker to and from Jo'burg and Kruger), but Sean immediately and enthusiastically responded to my enquiry and that is how I chose Boven Villa. Due to a faulty GPS, I got lost in the town, but unprompted he came to fetch and convoy me to the Villa (his directions were perfect). The welcome was hearty and genuine, and the room light and pleasant. The setting of the premises were tranquil and beautiful, and the outdoor balcony (with tables for meals and drinks) had magnificent views. Sean suggested various hikes and even drove me on one to familiarise me in case I lost my way! Such service and attention is certainly above and beyond expectation. I had no dinner plans, but he said he was making an evening meal. He offered me a drink and presented a veritable feast - he obviously has talent as a chef. Breakfast was served in a pretty room adjacent to the main lounge, and while there are options for fruit and cereals, etc, he made a sumptuous breakfast of eggs, beans, grilled tomato, roast potatoes, bacon, etc. Travelling alone, and first time to this area, I appreciated the suggestions and tips he provided for my onward trip, and I was given his card and invited to call if I had any problems en-route. The Villa itself was perfect, but what makes this place and my experience of it exceptional has to be Sean, and the attention and care to the comfort of his guests.
On my return journey, I stayed at another near-by, rather more celebrated accommodation, and whilst the setting was stunning, I found myself missing Boven Villa and the hearty friendliness offered to guests there. I extended my journey and hoped to spend another night at BV, but it was full. I was about to just drive back to Jo'burg when Sean called - he'd just had a cancellation, and if I still needed a place, it was mine. It was like a homecoming, after a week on the road, and I think I had my best night's sleep, not too mention more superb meals. Much credit to Sean who enhances the Villa with his energy. I will always plan to stay here if in the area, and am recommending it to others. Thanks!

Room Tip: I understand the 'Elephant' room is impressive and has a balcony. I had the Lion room and i...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank knk777
Maputo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2011

In order to break up a Friday night drive from Maputo to Johannesburg, I arranged a stop over at Boven Villa. The drive took longer than expected, so we were met at the gate by the owner Sean to divert us to the soon closing kitchen (20:00)of the nearby pub! He had even phoned ahead to ask them to wait for us!
After a quick pub lunch and some interesting DJing we returned to our accomodation to be welcomed. We were the only guests that night and were lucky to be in the Elephant room with it's own fantastic ensuite.
We experienced a power cut due to a raging storm, and Sean arrived within minutes with candles and to check that we were OK.
in the morning we were greeted with a buffet style breakfast of cereals and yoghurts and Sean was on hand to take our order for a cooked breakfast. Just what we need before setting off on the remaining journey.
We didn't have enought time to look around properly but the villa is stunning, we were well looked after and would definately stay here again!
It is an easy 5-10minutes detour from the N4 and is perfect to use as a midway stop between Maputo / Kruger & Johannesburg.

Room Tip: The Elephant room has it's own private balcony and en-suite bathroon, The other rooms (which i h...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank Alex9Maputo
bovenvilla, Owner at Boven Villa, responded to this review, November 8, 2011
Hi Guys

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a lovely review.

I hope that you enjoyed your concert. Fingers crossed for the Saints!!

Regards

Sean
Amersfoort
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2011

We started our holiday with Sean in Boven Villa, in the village of Waterval Boven.
This village is located halfway between Johannesburg and Kruger NP.
The rooms in the villa are nice, but it is owner Sean who makes the difference.
Great host and great chef, he made us a wonderfull diner.
Just a great way to start your holiday.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bianca D
Pretoria, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2011

I stayed at the Boven Villa this week-end, and enjoyed a lovely and relaxed week-end in the Boven Villa. I stayed in the Lion room. Thanks Sean for a very enjoyable week-end

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank LouisBuys
Cape Town
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

My friends from New Zealand and I arrived late into Boven Villa after flying into OR Tambo and having the frantic drive getting out of the airport chaos and endless roadworks. We were starving hungry and tired and were given a warm welcome by Sean and a fabulous hot meal was awaiting us which we had pre-arranged. Even being 2 hours late didn't throw him. It was the ideal stopover for us and we were comfortable and slept like logs. Thanks Sean for a great stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Ann-Marie_Breen
Sabie
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

My colleague and I stayed at Boven Villa for 6 weeks. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The rooms were extremely comfortable and peaceful. Sean went out of his way to make our stay away from home a happy one. Every night we had dinner and the wide variety of food on offer was just what a hardworking man looks for after a long days work. Boven Villa is an excellent home away from home if you need to stay for an extended period in the area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank SabieMorne
bovenvilla, Owner at Boven Villa, responded to this review, July 20, 2011
Good morning Morne
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, much appreciated.
I am glad that your stay in ourv lovely town was a good one and that your stay at Boven Villa felt like'home'.
Best regards and look forward to seeing you in the future.
Sean
Peace Corner
Peace Corner
#1 of 11 in Dullstroom
Gooderson Kloppenheim Country Estate Hotel

Been to Boven Villa? Share your experiences!