All reviews la chaumiere ideal stopover excellent stay top quality comfortable rooms warm welcome accommodation delight region france ratafia redecorating susan
Selected filters
Reviewed August 14, 2019

We stayed at Hostellerie de la Chaumiere the week-end of 9th-11th of AUg 2019 as part of our annual reunion with MBA friends.

The location is fantastic - with alpacas grazing around overlooking a lush valley -, the rooms are spacious and very clean and the food is exquisite.
Breaksfast is plentiful with sufficient healthy options while dinners were a delight given one could see the sunset from the main restaurant.

Above this, the customer service was impeccable and found Susan exceptionally accommodating and flexible.

Highly recommended, wish we stayed longer!

Room tip: large apartment available for families with children
Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed May 23, 2019

Sayed here recently on a one night stopover on way home from a holiday in France. (This is actually the third time we have done this.) Highly recommended. Clean, comfortable rooms with wi-fi. Very good breakfast, and an excellent dinner. (The demi-pension rate is particularly good value.) The cooking is to a high standard, with well-designed and well-executed dishes which, whilst not being highly exotic or complex, do show originality and flair. Just what we like really. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2019

La Chaumiere has consistently high standards in accommodation, cuisine and service. My room was welcoming, comfortable and had a very nice view. It one of a few hotels in the region which provide tea and coffee making facilities in the rooms, a real bonus. I had a really nice and tasty evening meal. I started with a chilled Ratafia as an aperitif followed by a starter course of rabbit. My main course was supreme of guinea fowl but I still had a little room for a raspberry tartlette as dessert. The night was quiet and the bed comfortable. In the morning I had the buffet breakfast before speeding on my way.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 21, 2018 via mobile

This is the third time we’ve slept here, always taking dinner and breakfast. Susan does a great job in keeping this place on top form for cleanliness and warm welcome. Her husband’s work in the kitchen is always a delight too.

I’d say they’ve been working through a programme of redecorating and our room this time was smartly done with neat contemporary touches.
We find it an absolutely perfect stop in that long haul up France after a Provençal holiday. We have it as something to look forward to - guaranteed to refresh us on the grimmest part of the holiday experience- going home!

I reckon it must be pretty tough to maintain these standards with an endless stream of rapid turn-overs. Hats off to them all.

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed October 20, 2017 via mobile

Over night stay on route from south France to Calais with our two dogs - very friendly staff and beautiful restaurant with excellent food - lovely gardens with wonderful views - we could even see Alpacas whilst enjoying a drink on the terrace

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple