“Great Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Lidkoping
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

We (wife and I) stayed one night at an outwardly more impressive hotel nearby, then changed to Hotell Lacko for a big improvement. The management/staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. The rooms are beautiful (we were shown several) and the quality of the "little things" like door hardware was first rate. Some of the furnishings and decorations were beyond our normal expectations, but they contributed to an extravagant feeling at a reasonable price. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask to see the options - there is much variety.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Finnish first
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

Beautiful little hotel! We were extremely well received me and my mum. Seems family run and the lady of the house is a joy! Happy, friendly and funny. Service is excellent and the hotel has a lot of charm and character. Breakfast was also perfect with choices to suit all. Thanks again!

Stayed May 2014
Vejle, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

Arriving late in the Evening, you normally expect to get the smallest and most noisy room, and to be greeted by a tiered receptionist who would much rather like to have been somewhere else.
But not at Hotell Läckö, I have never before been greeted so friendly and fellt so welcome as I did, when arriving at Hotell Läckö, I was this evenings last guest, and got the full attention of the receptionist, who told me that she had tried to call me, but couldn't reach me.
Next she told me that I was a lucky man, but she would not tell me why, she then showed me that breakfast room which is open all day, and where you can go anytime for free coffea or tea and cake/bisquits. Then she showed me to the room, and told me now I will tell you why you're a lucky mann - You have got our Bridalsuite - waouw what a nice room huge bathroom Posterbed, and seperate livingroom, and not to forget the 60" flatscreen - only sad this, I only was there for some 10 hours before leaving again.

I have never before stayed at Hotel Läckö, but from now on this will be my personal favourite in Lidköping, and I can only give the Hotel my very best recommendation

Room Tip: Go for the Bidalsuite if you get a chance, but I believe that all rooms are nice, but remember this...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mortennielsen
Gothenburg, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Not at all bad for a small swedish town. We stayed in one of the larger suites, where I feel the decorations were slightly over the top, but the bathroom was fantastic. Staff was friendly and service-minded. Breakfast was good although some details could be polished, such as the lack of non-fruit tea. Overall though it was a nice little hotel!

• Stayed July 2013
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I was eating my breakfast with Chopin playing in the background as the hostess walked in and out the dining room with more and more delicious food. The hotel was very cozy and it felt almost as I was at home or at a place that I had been before. The service was outstanding and the location superb. Very luxorious room with a touch of personality and a beautiful tray filled with lovely sweets and flowers. In other words: WOW!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Vincent F
Oslo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

We're a young couple and stayed here for one night. This hotel is fantastic. You are surrounded by antique furniture in a hotel with history, and with a soul, but still with a home-like feeling. The rooms are big and ours was absolutely georgous, ours was the one with the four-poster bed in the pictures. Breakfast is amazing, staff and service personal and wonderful. They even have a small, cozy library. We really enjoyed this little, beautiful city, and wish to return here during summer. I highly recommend Hotel Läckö.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank mon_1234321
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

for an almost 24 hours of travel. i just wanted to be rested.. but i found not just a place to rest.. a place you can feel at home.. drop by the saloon anytime you want and make your drink.. sit and feel the warmth as the snow blows outside.. an experience you wanted to do every time you visit here.. a breakfast and the smile of the hostess that would start your day!

its is not a just a hotel, its your temporary home.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
7 Thank monseaman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lidkoping
BEST WESTERN Plus Edward Hotel
BEST WESTERN PLUS Jula Hotell & Konferens
Naturum Vanerskargarden
Naturum Vanerskargarden
#1 of 5 in Lidkoping

Been to Hotell Lacko? Share your experiences!