“5 star Hospitality” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Lidkoping
Vejle, Denmark
“5 star Hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

Arriving late in the Evening, you normally expect to get the smallest and most noisy room, and to be greeted by a tiered receptionist who would much rather like to have been somewhere else.
But not at Hotell Läckö, I have never before been greeted so friendly and fellt so welcome as I did, when arriving at Hotell Läckö, I was this evenings last guest, and got the full attention of the receptionist, who told me that she had tried to call me, but couldn't reach me.
Next she told me that I was a lucky man, but she would not tell me why, she then showed me that breakfast room which is open all day, and where you can go anytime for free coffea or tea and cake/bisquits. Then she showed me to the room, and told me now I will tell you why you're a lucky mann - You have got our Bridalsuite - waouw what a nice room huge bathroom Posterbed, and seperate livingroom, and not to forget the 60" flatscreen - only sad this, I only was there for some 10 hours before leaving again.

I have never before stayed at Hotel Läckö, but from now on this will be my personal favourite in Lidköping, and I can only give the Hotel my very best recommendation

Room Tip: Go for the Bidalsuite if you get a chance, but I believe that all rooms are nice, but remember this...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mortennielsen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Finnish first
Gothenburg, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Not at all bad for a small swedish town. We stayed in one of the larger suites, where I feel the decorations were slightly over the top, but the bathroom was fantastic. Staff was friendly and service-minded. Breakfast was good although some details could be polished, such as the lack of non-fruit tea. Overall though it was a nice little hotel!

• Stayed July 2013
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I was eating my breakfast with Chopin playing in the background as the hostess walked in and out the dining room with more and more delicious food. The hotel was very cozy and it felt almost as I was at home or at a place that I had been before. The service was outstanding and the location superb. Very luxorious room with a touch of personality and a beautiful tray filled with lovely sweets and flowers. In other words: WOW!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Vincent F
Oslo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

We're a young couple and stayed here for one night. This hotel is fantastic. You are surrounded by antique furniture in a hotel with history, and with a soul, but still with a home-like feeling. The rooms are big and ours was absolutely georgous, ours was the one with the four-poster bed in the pictures. Breakfast is amazing, staff and service personal and wonderful. They even have a small, cozy library. We really enjoyed this little, beautiful city, and wish to return here during summer. I highly recommend Hotel Läckö.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank mon_1234321
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

for an almost 24 hours of travel. i just wanted to be rested.. but i found not just a place to rest.. a place you can feel at home.. drop by the saloon anytime you want and make your drink.. sit and feel the warmth as the snow blows outside.. an experience you wanted to do every time you visit here.. a breakfast and the smile of the hostess that would start your day!

its is not a just a hotel, its your temporary home.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
7 Thank monseaman
Geelong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

We decided not to stay in Goteborg because we preferred something quieter. We found the Hotel Lacko in Lidkoping ( an hours drive from Goteborg) by accident and thought it quaint and charming. It oozed character, so unlike most modern hotels. I can see that it wouldn't appeal to many young people but we thought it great. There are a number of restaurants nearby. The Italian restaurant we went to was very good: friendly staff and the homemade pasta delicious.The breakfast room at the hotel is filled with interesting things and the breakfast was well presented and plentiful. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank lesiadGeelong
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2011

It was with regret that we were able to stay just one night in Lidkoping and at this well-maintained and centrally-located hotel, as we had to depart very early the next morning on our way to Gotland. Our room was small but very clean, quiet, comfortable and tastefully decorated.

I remember that the owner was very sweet. He didn't speak English and we knew very little Swedish, so when we needed some advice he graciously got someone else to help us. Because we had to leave so early we did not have breakfast.

We highly recommend Hotel Lacko!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Eileen S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lidkoping
BEST WESTERN Plus Edward Hotel
BEST WESTERN PLUS Jula Hotell & Konferens
Narebo Gardshotell
Narebo Gardshotell
#3 of 5 in Lidkoping

Been to Hotell Lacko? Share your experiences!